Newmains United in danger

PumaKing

Hi Mate,

If you can pm me players names then i can certainly let you know if they were there on Monday. As i said it was a bounce game and i believe Billy McKie was there as were people from harthill, Fourth, Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers. I cant remember anyone getting injured in the game so apologies for that.

The Newmains game was off today so i assume you are from another team?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seemed to have answered your own question there

Not sure what you mean. I have given Gartcairn opportunity to clarify some rumours about the conduct of Gartcairn, Billy Mckie and Gary Johnstone.

I'm old enough to know that rumours in junior football are often bollocks.

As a neutral with no vested interest in this. I heard from a guy in work about 2 weeks ago that the newmains manager had already became involved with Gartcairn . think Newmains have been shafted here

Hi Mate,

If you can pm me players names then i can certainly let you know if they were there on Monday. As i said it was a bounce game and i believe Billy McKie was there as were people from harthill, Fourth, Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers. I cant remember anyone getting injured in the game so apologies for that.

Take it you mean ex or unsigned players from those teams mentioned. Theres no way a junior or senior team is allowing a signed player to go down the park for a bounce game with another team with the possibility of injury to their player. (unless the players were there without the permission of their club).

Knuckles i meant there were people from those clubs in the stand watching as was Billy.

If the game was against Newmains on Monday Jinkie then you owe me £140.00 as i paid the full thing. It is correct that i asked to play newmains but it was rejected by the commitee for reasons of not having money for freindlies and as i believe you are the treasurer should you not have been aware of that.

Guys im not getting anymore involved in arguments with anyone, Gartcairn have not even been accepted as a junior club as yet so there is no job for any manager to have, If it does become available and Billy Mckie wants to speak to me then ill be more than happy as will i with any other manager who thinks they can offer our club something.

I or Gartcairn will simply not accept any blame for anything that happened or happens at Newmains as in my opinion it is already a sinking ship. I spoke to Tommy devine from Newmains about what i could do to help but there is simply nothing i could have done to get them back on their feet. I even paid for a 3G to allow them a 2 hour training session as they were struggling that bad. In my opinion the local businesses should be getting together along with the council to help such a famous club grow and get better.

I wont be commenting any further on this thread lads but all the best to Newmains for the future.

No, Jinkie is factually incorrect. Gartcairn did not play Newmains United on monday evening as the Newmains committee had to reject the request due to financial difficulties. Therefore the £140 request would have to also be rejected.

I do believe though that when your opposition wears the Newmains home strip, features 5 signed Newmains players, including the captain, and has the Newmains manager standing on the sidelines then to everyone watching, you are playing Newmains, permission or not. A worrying insight into your attitude towards other clubs.

It is a pity that before you are accepted into the league, the actions of Gartcairn and others look like they may just be delivering that final torpedo to that ship.

Knuckles i meant there were people from those clubs in the stand watching as was Billy.

If the game was against Newmains on Monday Jinkie then you owe me £140.00 as i paid the full thing. It is correct that i asked to play newmains but it was rejected by the commitee for reasons of not having money for freindlies and as i believe you are the treasurer should you not have been aware of that.

Guys im not getting anymore involved in arguments with anyone, Gartcairn have not even been accepted as a junior club as yet so there is no job for any manager to have, If it does become available and Billy Mckie wants to speak to me then ill be more than happy as will i with any other manager who thinks they can offer our club something.

I or Gartcairn will simply not accept any blame for anything that happened or happens at Newmains as in my opinion it is already a sinking ship. I spoke to Tommy devine from Newmains about what i could do to help but there is simply nothing i could have done to get them back on their feet. I even paid for a 3G to allow them a 2 hour training session as they were struggling that bad. In my opinion the local businesses should be getting together along with the council to help such a famous club grow and get better.

I wont be commenting any further on this thread lads but all the best to Newmains for the future.

Had to laugh at a few of your points in the above post.

You say that your not a junior club yet, but that doesn't excuse you if indeed the allegations are true. If true, yourself & Gartcairn as a registered club at boys & sunday amateur level, are well in breach of the rules by allowing signed players from another club to play in any game without authorization from their club, this case Newmains. If you were interested in signing these players, Newmains have 9 lge games & a cup game that you could watch them in.

As for paying for the training session, knowing Syd, Tommy, Jinkie & Hugh, I really can't see them strong arming you into doing so, so I assume you did it out of your own generosity, so to come onto a football forum, cast it up & make it public as a act of defence for your alleged actions is rather pathetic.

Finally, to wish Newmains all the best for the future smacks of sarcasm.

Anyway, I'll end by wishing Gartcairn all the best for the future.

Gartcairn welcome to the juniors.

As you can read there are some people who like to spout the rules of the game when it suits them about poaching players and managers.

It happens all the time between the juniors and amateurs that there are players and sometimes officials who are poached to their teams.

The sad fact is at our level some amateur teams have got more to offer than the juniors.

I'm sure sometime Newmains may have poached a player from the amateurs, it goes on at all levels.

We lost a hole team and manager four weeks before a season started once.

If the manager has left then surely the priority must be a new coach as all this talk unsettled an already unsettled squad.

As for Gartcairn wait until you elected into the league then we will make you even more welcome.

I wasn't there, but looking at posts from both sides. Can I say how it looks. Pre-arranged friendly falls through, some from each team appear. Decide to go ahead with a bounce game wearing the shirts that are available. A few local coaches are hanging about watching.

Archived