Newmains United in danger

PumaKing

Things are looking very critical for our club to the point that we will just about see out the season as it stands. Despite a previous post on here outlining the need for people to get involved at committee level and similar posts on social media and in the local press, no one has came forward.

We urgently need the help of anyone who'd be willing to commit some time to helping run the club.

Failing this, the future of the club is very much in danger which can't be stressed enough, this is a highly urgent situation.

If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've had no joy with the local press perhaps worth speaking to the Evening Times bearing in mind you're only 20 minutes or so from Glasgow?

Great opportunity for anyone wishing to get involved with a Junior Club and assist the small but dedicated committee already there.

I can only go on the games against the Forth, but on the park you don't seem far away and you never seem short of players.

All the best in getting things sorted as we always enjoy our visits to Victoria Park, unless it's raining of course!

Maybe look at finding a decent under 21 or 18 team or even amateur team who fancy a shot at the juniors and can bring 4 or 5 helpers with them. A lack of committee is the biggest danger to a lot of clubs we at the Albert are always looking for people to help out especially at home games. We have two old codgers at the Albert who have over 40 years service to the Albert but can't go on forever.

Also unfortunately success also helps .

Good people at Newmains good luck

With so may interests to choose from Junior football is on the decline and it is only the dedication of hard working committees that keep a lot of these clubs functioning. I do hope that Newmains manage to pick up two or three people who are willing to participate on the committe . I wish Nemains good fortune in the future

Maybe look at finding a decent under 21 or 18 team or even amateur team who fancy a shot at the juniors and can bring 4 or 5 helpers with them. A lack of committee is the biggest danger to a lot of clubs we at the Albert are always looking for people to help out especially at home games. We have two old codgers at the Albert who have over 40 years service to the Albert but can't go on forever.

Good people at Newmains good luck[/quote

I agree with you mate. A big problem is that the facilities at Victoria Park have been in decline for some time and the lack of maintenance by NLC in relation to the park and pavilion doesn't help matters when trying to entice clubs to buy into any plans. Shame, because there's been number of good guys since the Tommy Sloan days of Coltness United that have gave a massive commitment (like a number of other clubs) for very little return.

It's always sad to see teams, ,struggling,,,,just need to keep plugging away,,,,all the best,,,,,,Cotter made his ants debut,, there,,,scoring a wonder goal, in a 4_2 win

The wonder was you hadn't hit it into your own net. :P

Back on topic, best of luck to Newmains-Coltness on this, but I fear their day is done. NLC don't care less and probably see Victoria Park as something to flog for "little boxes" once the housing market recovers.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind well wishes. We'll keep plugging on but there's no doubt we're facing some very difficult times at the club but there are some good points been posted on this topic and some good suggestions too that we'll look at.

Good people at Newmains good luck

I think that this is more likely as a solution if a club is struggling for a manager & players, rather than attracting committee men.

Newmains have a manager & a squad, so any amateur/youth team that join up might find their players used as bit part players.

The manager of the joining club, who has spent the season bringing in sponsorship, players etc would have to be willing to step down. He'd also have to be happy to see his club lose its identity & be NUFC.

Most amateur/u21/u19 teams, outwith the bigger successful ones, usually have only two or three office bearers, (manager/secretary/coach) & rely on players parents & family for help & support. All well & great when the sons are playing & happy, but how many will hang around as committee members if their sons a reserve player who chucks it.

I know that Ian Rankin was keen to link up with local youth sides at Newmains but found that the interest wasn't there.

Really hope the club can attract people to help. Having worked for the club & with Puma King, anyone thinking about it should go for it, great wee club & the few people that are there are superb.

Archived