Pollok Vs Cumnock

cumnocklad1912

Pollok supports... help needed.. park condition today chance of the game being on... looking forward to my wee trip up. Let me knw thanks

from Pollok forum:

"there were a few areas with light dustings of snow, but plenty of grass to be seen as well and nothing heavy enough to render the pitch unplayable. The terraces and surrounds could be more of a problem however, so unless there is a thaw over the next few hours there might be a need for volunteers to do a bit of sweeping - I'll update if I hear any more."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather like in pollok area... its heavt heavy snow down here. Please some one fill me in lol

I'm just passing by Newlandsfield. Snow is coming down a bit heavier now and lying on the roads/pavements.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally the game got played and Pollok ran out deserved winners thanks to a Winters goal in the first half.

Both teams had a chances to score in he second half with Pollok having more of them and could easily have been punished for missing them.

Great crowd at Newlandfield today too

810 at Newlandsfield watching Pollok v Cumnock.

Cheers, bigger crowd than every SPFL league 2 games, only Dumfermline had more in league 1 and there were more at Newlandsfield for the Scottish tie than the Championship match at The Bet Butler Stadium for Dumbarton match.

Ah would hav said 800 to 1,000 the day. Very healthy. No complaints on the result, highlights guy will show some cracking chances going a begging for the Lok. Late on before we troubled them. Pollok were much faster, looked much fitter as well. No wanting to go doon the route of blaming the ref, aye he was poor, but dont think he scored their goal, did he???

Congrats Pollok, next week at St Andrews will be a tuffer test i think.

(Get yersells booked in for a wee lunch prior to the game, excellent set up over there. Make the most of it & keep the cash in the juniors!)

Ah would hav said 800 to 1,000 the day. Very healthy. No complaints on the result, highlights guy will show some cracking chances going a begging for the Lok. Late on before we troubled them. Pollok were much faster, looked much fitter as well. No wanting to go doon the route of blaming the ref, aye he was poor, but dont think he scored their goal, did he???

Congrats Pollok, next week at St Andrews will be a tuffer test i think.

(Get yersells booked in for a wee lunch prior to the game, excellent set up over there. Make the most of it & keep the cash in the juniors!)

I thought we did look that bit sharper than Cumnock today, however we did fall out of it after we scored and Cumnock took control for a while, but second half we should have scored a few.

Referee and assistants were usual poor standard. I am sure 'nock fans will have examples where they felt hard done by, but certainly not booking the big No5 in the first 30 seconds and the excellent save by the keeper from Winters volley that was given as a Goal kick stand out as two of the worst.

Next week will be really tough but I am sure St Andrews will be thinking the same, so hopefully a good tie.

I thought we did look that bit sharper than Cumnock today, however we did fall out of it after we scored and Cumnock took control for a while, but second half we should have scored a few.

Referee and assistants were usual poor standard. I am sure 'nock fans will have examples where they felt hard done by, but certainly not booking the big No5 in the first 30 seconds and the excellent save by the keeper from Winters volley that was given as a Goal kick stand out as two of the worst.

Next week will be really tough but I am sure St Andrews will be thinking the same, so hopefully a good tie.

Thought Low was clumsy in the tackle, but all it was, was a free kick, no need for a yella. Right in front off me. Regarding the Winters shot, it look past Ally before he reacted, it deffo kissed the crossbar, couldnt see it being touched by Ally. I was at the opposite end. Ur video guy will hav it on the highlights for us tho.

After you scored, we wer the better team (until the break),without being brilliant, nor threatining ur keeper, half time took the wind oot oor sails.

If we snatched a goal, we would hav had to leave with a bag marked SWAG & a mask on!

All I hear on the Cumnock Facebook page is ATN. Lets look at the game today. Scottish cup tie, more like a pre-season friendly. Cumnock went out of the cup without a wimper. Totally gutless. No height or physical presence in the team. Believe me Pollok may have deserved the win but they are not a great team. Two very slow center backs and if Pollok fans are excited about the captain signing an extended deal, well they are easily pleased. Back to Cumnock, all I see is a manager bringing in lower league and pub players that he knows. Fear the worst for Cumnock. Best of luck to Pollok next year in the premier.

Archived