Wullie Patterson is a ####

juniorjunior

Was on my way down to watch Beith v Petershill & received a txt saying Patterson did everything possible to get the ref to call the match off when the park was perfectly playable!!!

If true & I've no reason to doubt it as the txt was from a Peasie supporter, that's a shocking attitude from a manager!

Aw well a Medda v Hurlford it is

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was on my way down to watch Beith v Petershill & received a txt saying Patterson did everything possible to get the ref to call the match off when the park was perfectly playable!!!

If true & I've no reason to doubt it as the txt was from a Peasie supporter, that's a shocking attitude from a manager!

I can categorically confirm that Patterson got this game called off by pressuring the ref.

I was on the turnstile and himself and his coaches looked for two wee bad bits to lay there cones down , kept moving their cones non stop and whined and whined from the first minute they arrived until fetching the ref who was badgered by Patterson to call it off during his inspection.

The ref buckled and one of our committee offered to sand the wee problem area and the ref said NO with no decorum at all.

Petershill management team hugely contributed to this game being called off and hugely pressured the ref into calling it off, even 5 peasy players were shaking there heads in bemusement.

Don't want to say anymore on this thread as totally disgusted.

Witnessed the same as you hertha, some of the comments coming from one of the coaches was unprofessional as well as he made fun of the pitch for everyone to hear, poor taste for me.they were reluctant and knew by their body language that they would get at the ref who it has to said showed no interest in wanting this game on, late arriving at the ground and flying out the country tonight I hear, he wasn't interested in doing the game at all.classic case of a club that play on plastic and have no ground maintenance to do all season wanting to play on a carpet every week, guys like this will turn fans away from the juniors.

Walked the park at 1.35 as I was on my way when I got the call to say it was off. The pitch was 99% playable. There were 1 or 2 soft areas which were perfectly playable and 1 area at the top touchline - a few metres long and about a foot wide which was very soft. Some sand would have made this area playable without a doubt.

Guys who were at the ground from 9am working their arses off were totally gutted and rightly so. Disgraceful.

They are going ok at the moment but in my opinion they probably don't want to get to far ahead with games. Had they played today they would only have seven games left, they are out of the cup, and with next to no home games getting called off they could realistically be finished by the end of March with the players probably getting paid to the end of May or into June. If they done it today at such a late stage then its a poor show and like Bankies Alive said they did try the same at Holm Park a few weeks ago.

Sorry mate don't want to interupt your thread but is willie paterson a what ? four letter word ? w**k ? c**t ? arse ? all 3 :P ???

Sounds poor from them feel for guys at beith who will have worked their arses off to get the game on and the petershill supporters who will have forked out good money on a bus for nothing.

Sorry mate don't want to interupt your thread but is willie paterson a what ? four letter word ? w**k ? c**t ? arse ? all 3 :P ???

Sounds poor from them feel for guys at beith who will have worked their arses off to get the game on and the petershill supporters who will have forked out good money on a bus for nothing.

Begins with a C & ends with a T !!!

I had to divert all the way to Irvine to get my fix of junior football. Can only imagine that it has also cost Beith ££££ with catering etc. poor show from the wee umpa loonpa

Begins with a C & ends with a T !!!

I had to divert all the way to Irvine to get my fix of junior football. Can only imagine that it has also cost Beith ££££ with catering etc. poor show from the wee umpa loonpa

Its so ironic as we hosted talbot only a few weeks ago and our pitch whilst playable that day was far worse than it was today .

The difference? When hosting talbot the best manager in Scotland of the biggest club in Scotland arrived at our ground and gave us firm handshakes and then plotted the on field Demise of our club, no poncing about doing pitch inspections, no snidey or underhand behaviour but just concentrating on his own team while letting the ref concentrate on the pitch . ( That's why he's a winning manager and has respect in the game)

Fast forward a few weeks and onto today we had a petershill management team who didn't look as though they wanted to be there and play the game , their conduct pre-match was a mixture of last of the summer wine with their moans and Beavis and butthead with their childish wee sniggers and put downs.

Quite disheartening when as a club you are starting to build momentum with fans helping us from 9am down at the ground both against talbot and today against petershill.

We had 15 people down at the ground before the talbot game until kickoff and around 10 today and maybe these fans won't bother coming back to help after seeing today's shenanigans from the petershill management.

Its so ironic as we hosted talbot only a few weeks ago and our pitch whilst playable that day was far worse than it was today .

The difference? When hosting talbot the best manager in Scotland of the biggest club in Scotland arrived at our ground and gave us firm handshakes and then plotted the on field Demise of our club, no poncing about doing pitch inspections, no snidey or underhand behaviour but just concentrating on his own team while letting the ref concentrate on the pitch . ( That's why he's a winning manager and has respect in the game)

Fast forward a few weeks and onto today we had a petershill management team who didn't look as though they wanted to be there and play the game , their conduct pre-match was a mixture of last of the summer wine with their moans and Beavis and butthead with their childish wee sniggers and put downs.

Quite disheartening when as a club you are starting to build momentum with fans helping us from 9am down at the ground both against talbot and today against petershill.

We had 15 people down at the ground before the talbot game until kickoff and around 10 today and maybe these fans won't bother coming back to help after seeing today's shenanigans from the petershill management.

Did exactly the same thing at Holm Park,marching around the pitch with scowls on their faces pointing and shaking their heads before confronting the ref and his assistants.

The pitch was 100% playable too.

The goalie coach suggested the goalmouths were still hard,which is a bit rich from a guy from a club that plays on the worst and most worn out astroturf pitch on the planet!

Did exactly the same thing at Holm Park,marching around the pitch with scowls on their faces pointing and shaking their heads before confronting the ref and his assistants.

The pitch was 100% playable too.

The goalie coach suggested the goalmouths were still hard,which is a bit rich from a guy from a club that plays on the worst and most worn out astroturf pitch on the planet!

Disturbing behaviour mate it really is, anyways onwards and upwards for my club and just glad that we do things in the proper manner just like the bankies .

Arrived at the pitch at half past one only to be met by disgruntled groundsman who informed me that game was off. As far I was concerned the pitch looked more than playable. Cant understand the peasie management logic for getting the game off as they had full squad

shocking if true

Archived