League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coldstream and Duns have both came a long way in recent times with their grounds, but joining the LL would be a big mistake IMO. Borders football has never been so fucked up. Scottish Cup yes, LL a no for me

Could they not merge? Then with twice the resources they could stand a chance.

They could call themselves Duncsoldream, that would be cool with the kids. Or even Cunstream but that might be a but too near the knuckle?

Grimbo

Could they not merge? Then with twice the resources they could stand a chance.

They could call themselves Duncsoldream, that would be cool with the kids. Or even Cunstream but that might be a but too near the knuckle?

Grimbo

Depends how long your fingers are.

Whifflet are trying to put a team in this league.

If they wait long enough, their former club Albion Rovers will oblige them anyway.

Sure you don't mean Whitletts Victoria the Junior club? Can't see that happening as they intend moving back to the Whitletts at some stage (which will mean the rest of Ayr ignoring them again). The other club at Dam Park, Ayr Parkhouse, might be tempted, or some other amateur as there's no future for any new Ayrshire side in the Juniors with Meadow and Talbot so strong.

I'm surprised Girvan haven't considered it. They left the SoS league because of the quality of games but the LL may be more to their ambitions as well as ditching the costly Junior Cup. That said, they appear to be fighting just to stay afloat right now.

If they wait long enough, their former club Albion Rovers will oblige them anyway.

Sure you don't mean Whitletts Victoria the Junior club? Can't see that happening as they intend moving back to the Whitletts at some stage (which will mean the rest of Ayr ignoring them again). The other club at Dam Park, Ayr Parkhouse, might be tempted, or some other amateur as there's no future for any new Ayrshire side in the Juniors with Meadow and Talbot so strong.

I'm surprised Girvan haven't considered it. They left the SoS league because of the quality of games but the LL may be more to their ambitions as well as ditching the costly Junior Cup. That said, they appear to be fighting just to stay afloat right now.

Ayr Parkhouse?? Dam Park??

I think you're inhabiting a parallel dimension and 105 years in the past, mate!! :wacko:

Ayr Parkhouse?? Dam Park??

I think you're inhabiting a parallel dimension and 105 years in the past, mate!! :wacko:

006-Walk-passing-Ayr-Dam-Park.JPG

Dam Park is used by Whitletts Vics and a number of local amateur sides from the various local leagues. I'd have thought as a Junior fan you'd have known this.

(It isn't the same Ayr Parkhouse, btw, think they started four or five years ago)

Before we get too carried away on this, it's worth bearing in mind this is all based on a possible mistake made by a poster named "Pure Mental", who could easily have been at the wind up. Has to be said though that Dam Park is probably one of the few potentially realistic new venues for professional board level football given the timescale available for an applicant to get the licence sorted out.

Duns chairman was the guest on a special edition of Radio Borders Sports Show last night. By that point their match v HW was already off.

Anyone listen to the program? If so, was the possibility of Duns & LL discussed, or any other Border clubs?

They get my vote- the Lowland League needs another concrete lavvypan with a running track round it!

It'll make a nice replacement when the granddaddy of all concrete lavvypans with a track running around it gets demolished in the next few years.

The LL should be proud to be seen supporting such superb examples of Scotland's magnificent construction traditions: along with crap high rise flats, half built amphitheatres and hydros, and bridges that blow down after only six months of use.

006-Walk-passing-Ayr-Dam-Park.JPG

Dam Park is used by Whitletts Vics and a number of local amateur sides from the various local leagues. I'd have thought as a Junior fan you'd have known this.

(It isn't the same Ayr Parkhouse, btw, think they started four or five years ago)

I'm well acquainted with Dam Park Stadium mate, I live just round the corner & have been there numerous times, to watch Vics play and for several other events.

The point I was trying to make was that your reference to "The other club at Dam Park, Ayr Parkhouse" is utter fantasy. The original Ayr Parkhouse FC disappeared MANY years ago & could never have played there.

You are also mistaken in thinking that there is any resurrected team carrying the name - if there ever was, they are defunct now too - the only local amateur side with the "Ayr" name is Ayr Athletic. They, and other local amateurs, play at the King George V Playing Fields, NOT Dam Park!

It'll make a nice replacement when the granddaddy of all concrete lavvypans with a track running around it gets demolished in the next few years.

The LL should be proud to be seen supporting such superb examples of Scotland's magnificent construction traditions: along with crap high rise flats, half built amphitheatres and hydros, and bridges that blow down after only six months of use.

Whats wrong with crap high rise flats my friend?

just to set the cat among the pigeons here's Spartans Chairman Craig Graham writing in today's Spartans v BSC programme

"I'm not sure quite why but the Lowland League had really pushed on community clubs with large youth sections like BSC, Gala and East Kilbride and I am sure this will be the predominant model in years to come. Indeed we were speaking to a similar outfit in Fife this week who may well put in a Lowland League application..."

I have heard rumours of plans for a new football complex in the Rosyth area and I believe there's a youth team there but perhaps someone knows better...?

Can't help but feel the LL needs more inspiring applicants than Duns and Coldstream. A trio of Whitletts, Benburb and Rosyth would be perfect, of the juniors won't join from the top down them maybe from the bottom up is the way to go.

Archived