League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Rothesay Brandane applied? It's actually not as far fetched as it might appear at first glance given they have a ground that's reasonably enclosed with covered seats:

1280px-The_Stadium_Rothesay.jpg

Dont think that Them havin that wee seated stand (as impressive as it is) gives Brandanes any advantage over any other amateur team with regards to obtaining a club licence, the ground isnt at all enclosed (takes them hundreds of yards of block mesh fencing and about 50 srewards to stop non paying entrants from sneaking into the highland games every year) plus changing rooms nowhere near the park so would still need to spend a fair bit bringing the ground up to standard. The park is railed off though I suppose :lol:

As for travelling to the island, dont see this being a problem, its a 35 min sailing evey hour for something like £8 return as a foot passenger.

Ha ha ha You are so predictable. You must have missed all the rubbish that was being spouted by the junior fans earlier in the thread. Not once did you accuse them of tribalism. Why?? Is it because you liked what was being written?

Rubbish? or just a different opinion?

I wonder if AFC Rangers 2015 are the 5th club to apply for the LL!

Seeing their financial reports is seriously scary for any Gers supporters so if it all goes tits up again for them they would end up in the LL right? Or would there even be space for them?

If the LL reaches 16 clubs next season then the entry point in the senior grade for a new club (as opposed to a newco takeover for an existing one) in the Glasgow area would be the South of Scotland League. Think rumours would be rife if an AFC Rangers were the fifth applicant. My money is on it being St Cuthberts Wanderers, because an extra clause was added into the licensing requirements that makes commitment to progression a requirement, so they are not allowed to be content with being an SoS club, if there is an opening available at the LL level. Only Linlithgow Rose got exempted on that for an unspecified period, because their application was accepted before the new clause was added.

Was at Wigtown on Saturday - they've done some work on the ground since I last visited. It is now fully enclosed with the required high wooden fence right around. Totally spoils the ground but progress is progress I suppose. Tannoy was a welcome surprise. Also now hard-standing from the pavilion to the enclosure. Saw a programme and there was hot food going too.

6q9x1f.jpg

Think so, especially if it was any of the few bigger ones that have grounds that are reasonably close to ticking all the boxes, as they would need to be to be ready for May 2015. The only one I wonder about slightly is Rossvale given they are basically a youth club similar to BSC Glasgow and Cumbernauld Colts, but even there Petershill would no doubt hear about it given there would be a ground share involved and people would soon be talking about it.

There was a bit of putting two and two together and making five a while ago, e.g. Benburb and Renfrew are building new grounds therefore they must be looking to apply and so on, but the Juniors is such a closed ecosystem that I'd have been shocked if anyone had plans and word didn't get out.

Girvan are getting their act together on and off the field

Lol so they are. If they're getting their act together on the field, Auchinleck are world club champions.

Girvan are getting their act together on and off the field

Is that your way of saying Girvan have applied for the Lowland League or was it more related to them taking the steps needed to get licensed at some point next season like Wigtown are doing so Scottish Cup entry can be retained from 2016/17 onwards?

Invitation to what?

Burnie_man, on 02 Apr 2015 - 17:36, said:snapback.png

That was attended solely by SJFA committee bods, I was a club rep at the time and there were never open invites to clubs to attend anything re the Pyramid.

sorry thats just plain wrong. open invitation to all clubs junior and senior.

SFA open meeting for everyone interested in the lowland league at hampden. hope that clears things up you never included my quote. it wasnt just attended by SJFa bods all junior clubs were invited and that makes it an open invite. it was on sfa website. please get facts right.

Burnie_man, on 02 Apr 2015 - 17:36, said:snapback.png

sorry thats just plain wrong. open invitation to all clubs junior and senior.

SFA open meeting for everyone interested in the lowland league at hampden. hope that clears things up you never included my quote. it wasnt just attended by SJFa bods all junior clubs were invited and that makes it an open invite. it was on sfa website. please get facts right.

I have my facts perfectly correct, if the only communication was posting something on the SFA website, then that says it all!

The fact remains, the efforts of the SFA to promote and encourage Junior clubs to get involved were frankly pitiful.

I have my facts perfectly correct, if the only communication was posting something on the SFA website, then that says it all!

The fact remains, the efforts of the SFA to promote and encourage Junior clubs to get involved were frankly pitiful.

It was posted on the club extranet which every club secretary (therefore every club) has access to. An email is sent out every time a new document is made available.

It was posted on the club extranet which every club secretary (therefore every club) has access to. An email is sent out every time a new document is made available.

I'm sure that you don't really believe that was the right way to advertise the event! and given the lack of Junior club attendance that perhaps suggests that the SFA failed miserably.

Even at that, this was one meeting. When did it actually take place? how long before LL applications had to be in? What else did the SFA do to help change the mindset of 120 years of Junior tradition?

The answer is of course they did next to nothing.

Archived