Sundown on Spartans

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simps & me are Spartans supporters, you claim not to be a gloater then call us to be excusers.

If you bother to read what our "excuses" are they are the same as you have posted. We aren't shying away we are telling everyone yes we want to win the league. Also it's not going to happen this season so be happy we agree with you. Were we differ is we accept the league is gone so we now have to accentuate the positives.

You can all play at keyboard managers but none of you ken what's going on, you make up your own scenarios about us & gloat that this is wrong that is wrong, change this, sack Sammy get rid of our most experienced players. Bring in the U20's and the EoS players. Oh and our squad is too big to keep everyone happy.

Ffs listen to yourselves apparently this is the best debate? My arse.

Grimbo

pep is right something needs to change and I think its samuels team selection how can he and his coaching staff expect consistency when they chop and change the team every week and its not as if its one or two players its three or four most weeks thommo cloudy were great players for the club but are no longer able to cut it anymore yet he plays them every week when available, Can't quite understand why john grant grinchy and beezer were on the bench on saturday, if you had everyone available who would in your opinion be your strongest team grim?

Spartans will bounce back, a win this weekend and a win in the cup in February and their season will be not seen as a disaster.

Cheer up Grim I'm sure you've had better weekends but things will get better.

On the football it couldn't have been worse Charlie.

But had a good few pints to dull the pain & now it's next week & the optimism starts all over again.

We'll probably win 15 nil? ;)

Grimbo

Grim

I am certainly not gloating I am very worried where we are going right now. I watch us nearly every week and we are getting worse every Saturday. Yes the league is gone however we should not be losing to Preston no offence to Preston.

Tell me why would we not play George Hunter when he scored over 30 goals? Good enough for St Johnstone but not good enough for us?

Why not give the lad from the EOS a run at left mid, a position we have struggled to fill since we lost Omar?

Geo did play for us but one of the problems is that the U20's play most of their matches on Friday's. So restricted his opportunities for the seniors. The next day.

I will not get in to any debate about any of our current squad because it's not right. I'm not privy to what the state of our players are re injuries etc so I am happy that Sammy puts out the best of who is available to face whatever team we are playing.

If you want to play football manager I suggest you get FIFA 15 but I won't be playing it.

Pep, I assume you must know who I am, if not I'm the fellah up the tv tower, come and have a chat, but there's no way I'm going to be part of the dirty linen brigade. We've a massive match coming up soon enough & we should be displaying unity.

Grimbo

George scored a lot of goals for the u20s but there is a big jump from u20s to the Lowland League. Fair enough he has signed for St Johnstone but I can't see him being anywhere near the first time anytime soon. I'm sure if he was ready for Spartans 1st team then he would have played for them, even if he had a game on the Friday night.

So spartanians, who would you play as your 11 v Berwick?

Grim, this isn't designed to promote any sort of disharmony in the ranks, but a lot of the discussion ( and it is decent in this topic despite what you may think) surrounds the rotating of the team needlessly. As a result I'd be keen to hear what fans thoughts are on this.

Pep. Just on here to appologise for saturday nights rant i was well out of order a bit tierd and emotional after shock defeat you are entitled to your opinion same as everybody else on this foram. Once again sorry.

Munky no apologies needed.....all taken in good spirit.

Grim, think you are missing my point or maybe I am not making mine clear enough. However I agree we do have a big game coming up but we shouldn't let that cover the fact of what is happening in the league......I am in no way part of the dirty linen brigade just a punter who pays his money every Saturday and is genuinely worried about my team !

Pep. Just on here to appologise for saturday nights rant i was well out of order a bit tierd and emotional after shock defeat you are entitled to your opinion same as everybody else on this foram. Once again sorry.

Munky no apologies needed.....all taken in good spirit.

:wub: so we're all good again :thumsup2

interesting point on this thread regarding spartans best 11 for saturday.

Interesting that everyone is pointing out how Spartans have fallen! Which is a ridiculous statement to begin with! Maybe you should be giving credit to the other teams who have vastly improved this season! And making the league more competitive!

Im not a spartans fan im just a neutral but ive seen them about 6 or 7 times this season, my 11 would be swain nixon bruce mckinnon cennerazzo beasley grant stevenson motion errol sludden

No Sivey, no Bremner, no Beecher?

Come in to my office Happy, you're sacked. :)

Grimbo

Police Scotland statement.....There will be 4 areas off segregation at Spartans fc v Berwick Rangers fc in the scotish cup...1 Berwick fans 2 Spartans Sammy lovers 3 Spartans Sammy doubters 4 gloaters and floaters from the Lowland League.....enjoy the occasion

Needs to play players in their positions for me

Swain Nxon Siv McKinnon Cenn Grinchy grant thommo beezer bremner cloudy

If so, I think he's better with Cen on the right. He's not shy of going forward but on the left he finds the angle difficult to manufacture the final ball.

Is motion a big loss? His range of passing means that he can open play quickly and this can cause problems for teams that sit in and pack the box- as BSC seem to have done on Saturday.

Surely not complete and utter nonsense bsc played four at the back how is that packing the box can people just not accept that sometimes Spartans lose games just ask Preston or was that another off day for the mighty Spartans

Archived