Sundown on Spartans

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst Spartans team in 10 years.....what's going wrong? on paper a very strong squad but looking like mid table finish, which for Spartans is a disgrace !!!
Where's grimbo, where's grimbo is he still on the gantry waiting for a 6-0 hope you have a heavy jaicket on cos 6-0 isny gonnay happen you got pumped today 0-3 well done Bsc onwards and upwards
I cant remember us playing as badly in three consecutive league games.
Lads lads lads Welcome to the "mental element that struggle to contain their jealousy of anything Spartans related" It's a funny old game.LL > Spartans :P

I think Spartans must be one of the coolest teams in Scottish football. I like them. Shame they aren't topping the table, would like to have seen them come up to the senior leagues.

Hope they progress in the cup, would be a tremendous achievement.

This worst spartans team in 10 years is one game away from the quarter finals of the scottish cup. You would not know a good team if it jumped up and slapped u on the tits ya halfwit.

So you are saying Spartans are a good team smart lad....lost the league before Christmas.....cup run papering over the cracks.....

I think Spartans must be one of the coolest teams in Scottish football. I like them. Shame they aren't topping the table, would like to have seen them come up to the senior leagues.

Hope they progress in the cup, would be a tremendous achievement.

Oh they are as cool as fcuk ... stop waffling on here and get yourself back on the Everton thread :)

Pep, not sure you'll find many Spartans fans as down on it as that. Not been a great league season but hey ho. We've had a cracking Scottish Cup run that's help set the team up for a good numbers of years. The great thing about football is that there is another league to win next season.

People love to see us fail and I love that we bring out the seethe in those people. The day we don't have people jumping with joy at our defeats is the day were no longer making an impact.

This season wasn't to be ours, nor do we expect to win every season. It would be boring if we did.

Am saying we are a good squad with good staff when we get it right we are miles the best team to watch in the ll as the run in the scottish has proved the league was lost early season due to injuries to some key players and i am a smart lad and you are a f#cking halfwit

Which key players ? U are certainly coming across as a smart lad. Obviously we aren't the best team in the league since we were out of contention by mid December. When did that last happen to Spartans ???

Am saying we are a good squad with good staff when we get it right we are miles the best team to watch in the ll as the run in the scottish has proved the league was lost early season due to injuries to some key players and i am a smart lad and you are a f#cking halfwit

Isn't that pep s point ye HAVEN'T got it right for the biggest prize of all and there's really no need for the abuse.

Douglas wouldn't like that.

You've got by far the strongest squad in the League and surely canny be happy with yer league position ?

Pep, not sure you'll find many Spartans fans as down on it as that. Not been a great league season but hey ho. We've had a cracking Scottish Cup run that's help set the team up for a good numbers of years. The great thing about football is that there is another league to win next season.People love to see us fail and I love that we bring out the seethe in those people. The day we don't have people jumping with joy at our defeats is the day were no longer making an impact.This season wasn't to be ours, nor do we expect to win every season. It would be boring if we did.

Nae seething here simps i think you've got far too many quality players that ye canny keep them all happy.

Ye remind me of the old firm of old ye sign too many decent players but have no places for them :o

Sorry simps i don't think conceding the league by January was quite yer agenda this season so I'm no buying the there's always next season card.

A would love to have a battle of wits with you but a can see your only half preprared a never said we were the best team in the league that title might belong to edindurgh city. A said we were the best team to watch.halfwit. Injuries include herdy robbie ross. Tommo early season mmichael bruce. Sivey.

A would love to have a battle of wits with you but a can see your only half preprared a never said we were the best team in the league that title might belong to edindurgh city. A said we were the best team to watch.halfwit. Injuries include herdy robbie ross. Tommo early season mmichael bruce. Sivey.

Ross injured last season hardly key. Herdy how can U say he is a key player bit early for that. Bruce and siv both injured in December after we were out of league. Thommo yeah maybe but we had plenty of cover in centre mid. Away and do your homework son u r coming across clueless. Don't want to be the best team to watch what's the point of that. Want to be the best team in the league and with the squad we have then we should be

That sounds like a Kevin keegan Newcastle "entertainers" team quote and they won hee haw??

Would you rather watch good fitba or a winning team winning trophies on the park ??

Ross injured last season hardly key. Herdy how can U say he is a key player bit early for that. Bruce and siv both injured in December after we were out of league. Thommo yeah maybe but we had plenty of cover in centre mid. Away and do your homework son u r coming across clueless. Don't want to be the best team to watch what's the point of that. Want to be the best team in the league and with the squad we have then we should be

Has Thommo not started in the middle of the park in your run of three defeats?

It's obviously not what spartans would want at all, no matter how much the public line is the happiness at the money the cup run brings- but if it helps get promotion in the next season or two then it'll be fine. But Gretna, City et al won't take that lying down and will look to come back stronger next year too.

This worst spartans team in 10 years is one game away from the quarter finals of the scottish cup. You would not know a good team if it jumped up and slapped u on the tits ya halfwit.

It is. BUT it is still the worst spartans team this century- although the comparison is to teams that were very very good. They are in real danger if not finishing in the top four and therefore become the worst spartans team in a long time if that happens.

As for the cup, it's a great achievement but te measure of a good side is what happens week in and week out in the league, not what happens every six weeks in the cup. By your logic Albion rovers were one of the top eight teams in the country last year due to reaching the the Scottish cup quarters......

I'm not saying it's as simple as 'meh, there's always next year' - of course we're all disappointed by the league form. At the same time the result against Morton is in my opinion the best win the in the clubs history.

We've had a number of injuries etc but so have all teams. We've lost games we should have won and that has counted against us. For the 8 years I've been involved I've heard nothing about how things always go our way. This season they haven't. We need to push hard and finish as hard as we can and we, like all the others will hope to win next season.

We may not win the league next season, nor for the next five, but that doesn't mean we are not enjoying the experience, nor should we be considering moving away from a coaching team that includes a Scottish League Cup winner with European experience and a man who lives and breathes the Spartans ethos every single day

Under Dougie I've seen us play some of the best football we've played. At the same time we've had some pap performances. T'was the same under Mikey. It'll be the same under the next manager and the one after that.

It won't happen when I take the reigns after that though...!

I'm not saying it's as simple as 'meh, there's always next year' - of course we're all disappointed by the league form. At the same time the result against Morton is in my opinion the best win the in the clubs history.

We've had a number of injuries etc but so have all teams. We've lost games we should have won and that has counted against us. For the 8 years I've been involved I've heard nothing about how things always go our way. This season they haven't. We need to push hard and finish as hard as we can and we, like all the others will hope to win next season.

We may not win the league next season, nor for the next five, but that doesn't mean we are not enjoying the experience, nor should we be considering moving away from a coaching team that includes a Scottish Cup winner and a man who lives and breathes the Spartans ethos.

Under Dougie I've seen us play some of the best football we've played. At the same time we've had some pap performances. T'was the same under Mikey. It'll be the same under the next manager and the one after that.

It won't happen when I take the reigns after that though...!

Just so I understand your message. We should enjoy the experience of not winning the league for the next 5 years. I thought the main aim for the club was to as quickly as possible move into the senior ranks ?? Your text is new to me and probably other Spartans fans. Are you saying Craig Grahan and his committee would be happy with still being in the lowland league 5 years from now

Archived