Three ambitions for your team this season

With the season almost halfway through what are your three realistic ambitions for your team?

For me:

1. Second in the league; no way we will win and there will be tough competition for second spot.

2. Win a cup; preferably the Scottish but I'd see the League Cup as a big win given we would have to beat Aberdeen and Celtic.

3. Go undefeated by Dundee; great city rivalry and nothing worse than getting beat by them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Top 6 and even push for a sneaky European slot (wishful thinking I know).

2. Promotion to League 1 via playoffs

3. Win the Highland League.

1 - Don't underachieve in the league. It would be an amazing effort to finish second but I just want to finish the season without thinking what could've been.

2 - Have a good shot at winning the cup. We came so close last season and, as above, I just want us to really have a shot at winning the cup. No regrets, no what-ifs.

3 - Secure the nucleus of our squad on longer contracts.

1. Win the Scottish Cup (I think every single team in the tournament has to have this ambition, surely?)

2. PUMP Dundee United at some point this season.

3. Secure the most promising manager in the league on a longer deal.

1 Avoid relegation.

2 Finish above County

3 Better County in head to head matches.

That's all I ever want from a season, everything else is a bonus.

1. Finish between 10th and 7th. Avoiding relegation is first and foremost but we should be able to do that. I don't think we'll break into the top 6 either, so somewhere between 10th and 7th, as high as possible, would be a reasonable season and an improvement on last, considering we don't have Hearts all but relegated already.

2. Reach the quarter-final of the cup. We've not had a decent cup run in a while, excluding the Challenge Cup, so reaching the QF would be nice. We have Caley in the next round, which from our league games, a win is an attainable result.

3. Get at least three of Higginbotham, O'Donnell, McMillan and Osman on new contracts. All expire in the summer and all are integral to our squad. There are others out of contract but I can more trouble trying to keep these guys than anyone else.

1. Not get relegated

2. I dunno. We're already out of the Scottish Cup so that's out. Sign a robust defender in the manner of Yann Songo'o.

3. not lose every game to Caley I guess? Must less important than #1 though.

1. Safely avoiding relegation whilst playing open attractive football.

2. Beat United convincingly.. That convincingly we will talk about it for years.

3. f**k Celtic in the cup at Dens, then hammer the tribute act 4-0 at Ibrox live on Sky Sports ( just before they go into admin/liquidation again) . Then beat United in the final.

Man, who says the drugs don't work?

1. Read a report in the Sunday Mail that says fuckall about how many fans watched us win another game.

2.Wave bye bye to St.Murren as their fingernails finally give way and they drop through the trap door never to darken the SPFL again.

3. Beat Sellick 1-0 with a goal that is at least 5 yards offside while Frazer Wright clearly tips a goal bound effort from rat boy over the bar and the ref says No Penalty..

Archived