Brechin City vs The Pars

On the 27th, this Saturday. Looking forward to it. It will be my first game since seeing us lose 0-1 away to Stenhousemuir. The first game after Christmas is usually enjoyable as folk who have been cooped up with pishy relatives are desperate to get out for some drink so many end up pretty tipsy.

Brechin fans; where is best to go for beer? What will be open, and when will it be open? The Northern Hotel was where we went last time although it's a tad pricey. Any recommendations?

Any sort of a win for us would be very welcome. I'm sure it will be a tough game though, and Brechin should be confident they can get the win.

Is the lineup guy from Never Mind The Buzzcocks still a steward there?

Also what's with this;

Sat, 7th Feb 15:00 home BRECHIN CITY SPFL1 P - P

Taken from the club website (http://www.dafc.co.uk/fixtures.php?SID=First+Team).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the 27th, this Saturday. Looking forward to it. It will be my first game since seeing us lose 0-1 away to Stenhousemuir. The first game after Christmas is usually enjoyable as folk who have been cooped up with pishy relatives are desperate to get out for some drink so many end up pretty tipsy.

Brechin fans; where is best to go for beer? What will be open, and when will it be open? The Northern Hotel was where we went last time although it's a tad pricey. Any recommendations?

Any sort of a win for us would be very welcome. I'm sure it will be a tough game though, and Brechin should be confident they can get the win.

Is the lineup guy from Never Mind The Buzzcocks still a steward there?

Also what's with this;

Sat, 7th Feb 15:00 home BRECHIN CITY SPFL1 P - P

Taken from the club website (http://www.dafc.co.uk/fixtures.php?SID=First+Team).

the home league game is postponed since Brechin are through to the next round of the cup, we aren't so instead of playing dundee united on tv we will be twiddling our thumbs.

the home league game is postponed since Brechin are through to the next round of the cup, we aren't so instead of playing dundee united on tv we will be twiddling our thumbs.

D'oh! Of course.

[quote name="DA Baracus" post="9056187" timestamp

Stables if u r up early enough 2 get in. Quality boozer

Where is Stables? I assume it stops letting folk in at a certain time or past a certain capacity; can you confirm what this is?

We'll be in Brechin just after 11.

No it's just tiny

They have a bigger bit where they sell food, but the bars a must. Should be ok if ur up that early. Near the ground, it's next to a petrol station / supermarket

Be surprised if we can get anything more than a draw from this. Not that I'm being too down on our performances, Brechin is just generally a hard place to get a result. I'll go for 2-2.

Would normally be ok with a point from a game like this but we really do need a run of wins very soon. If we play like we did on Saturday then we absolutely can win but I really do fear for us if we concede first.

Would like to go to this as it's one of a handful of grounds to tick off but doubt I can convince anyone else to go.

Where is Stables? I assume it stops letting folk in at a certain time or past a certain capacity; can you confirm what this is?

We'll be in Brechin just after 11.

It's on the main street up to the ground. There are another couple of pubs further back along the main street if you are struggling to get into the Stables. Hudson's just down the street on the other side of the road. The Dalhousie bar at the top of the High Street and The Brechin Arms just as you come into the town again on the main street. All of them are good for a pint . The Stables and Hudsons are the only 2 to get a sit down meal.

Hope that helps.

It's on the main street up to the ground. There are another couple of pubs further back along the main street if you are struggling to get into the Stables. Hudson's just down the street on the other side of the road. The Dalhousie bar at the top of the High Street and The Brechin Arms just as you come into the town again on the main street. All of them are good for a pint . The Stables and Hudsons are the only 2 to get a sit down meal.

Hope that helps.

Dalhousie always looked after us, but it closed for a while

Good to see it re-open

No it's just tiny

They have a bigger bit where they sell food, but the bars a must. Should be ok if ur up that early. Near the ground, it's next to a petrol station / supermarket

Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

DA Baracus, Hudson's is the one with the tremendous jukebox is it not?

I believe it is.

Archived