Selkirk on the slide?

dal45

There are some games that you go to and where chance after chance is missed and you wonder how you never scored more. Then there are other matches where everything seems to go your way and even the opposition defence scores two own goals to help you to a 9-1 victory. In saying that Selkirk did not look like a team that would concede nine goals. It just seemed to be one of days where the Gretna strikers could not put a foot wrong.

The result puts us five points ahead of Spartans and five behind City. I know we have played more matches but points in the bag are better than ones dependant on another 90 minutes of football. January is a big month for Gretna with visits to both City and Spartans.

Mate, the finishing bar the 3 ogs(first half) was clinical.

I had a howler tbh didn't want to come out after the first half.

Made 2 good saves 2 save 2 certain goals in 2nd half but just didn't do enough to merit keeping my place in goals. Alot of work to be done and close to jacking it.

Think we need a result to get the heads lifted again and gaz back I'll just need to make sure I've got my thermals for the bench!

Made 2 good saves 2 save 2 certain goals in 2nd half but just didn't do enough to merit keeping my place in goals. Alot of work to be done and close to jacking it.

I think you are too hard on yourself. After the seventh went in, I said to my mate that I thought you weren't at fault for any of them. He agreed but also said that you hadn't made a save all game up to then. However you did make a couple of good saves late on to prevent the tenth.

I agree the finishing was clinical and I think most keepers at our level would have struggled to save any of them. The two own goals were crackers as well I don't think you got near either of those.

Think we need a result to get the heads lifted again and gaz back I'll just need to make sure I've got my thermals for the bench!

Don't be too hard on yourself, you had ten team mates in front of you that didn't offer you much protection. Three good stops near the end stopped the double figures.

Chin up look forward to your next game.

It's only a shade over 3 months since Selkirk battered Gala by a margin of no less than 7-0. And in October they lost 5-4 at home to Edinburgh Uni, then beat them 5-2 a week later away in the South Challenge Cup. Mad stuff. Mad.

Incidentally I think today's result becomes the record away win since LL was established, surpassing Preston 2-9 Whitehill of last season?

I dont know why but both Gala and Selkirk seem to struggle to recruit any quality defenders and could hardly muster 2 half decent ones between them and this shows in the amount of goals that both teams are capable of conceding at any given time!

On a positive note well done to Selkirk for having gone ahead with the game when having the pitch that is geographically most likely to be weather effected, while Gala and Vale have gone into hibernation and look intent on not playing each other !

I am looking forward to reading intrepid reporter Foxy Knoxys report on this result and comparing it to the knife wielding one he did on Galas hefty defeat to Selkirk the last time they met when Gala were short of 7 first choice starts ( as I guess was similar to Selkirk yesterday ) and he omitted this fact in his horrendously biased drivel!

Well done to tynie for being brave enough to come on here and do an honest critique on his own performance! Hopefully other players, coaches and officials will follow his good example ?

I dont know why but both Gala and Selkirk seem to struggle to recruit any quality defenders and could hardly muster 2 half decent ones between them and this shows in the amount of goals that both teams are capable of conceding at any given time!

On a positive note well done to Selkirk for having gone ahead with the game when having the pitch that is geographically most likely to be weather effected, while Gala and Vale have gone into hibernation and look intent on not playing each other !

I am looking forward to reading intrepid reporter Foxy Knoxys report on this result and comparing it to the knife wielding one he did on Galas hefty defeat to Selkirk the last time they met when Gala were short of 7 first choice starts ( as I guess was similar to Selkirk yesterday ) and he omitted this fact in his horrendously biased drivel!

Well done to tynie for being brave enough to come on here and do an honest critique on his own performance! Hopefully other players, coaches and officials will follow his good example ?

Id rather hear mr.knox s "horrendously biased drivel" than none at all ?

after all football isn't even the number 1 sport in the borders so any coverage is better than none at all ;)

Id rather hear mr.knox s "horrendously biased drivel" than none at all ?

after all football isn't even the number 1 sport in the borders so any coverage is better than none at all ;)

I agree in some ways and his reports are so bad that I actually look forward to them just for a laugh but you are correct in what you say about the state of footy in the Borders and we need honest, professional media coverage and promotion for the sport instead of the self serving, personal agenda crap that we are continually being dished out or we will never be the number one sport ?

Keep your head up tynie. Known you for a long time and know you have a great attitude so will bounce back.

When a team loses 9-1 everyone has to look at themselves . Defending starts from the front. Your just the poor sod that had to pick it out the net !

On a side note there will probably be a few weird results over Christmas with teams missing players or letting themselves get a bit too merry over the festive period.

Keep your head up tynie. Known you for a long time and know you have a great attitude so will bounce back.

When a team loses 9-1 everyone has to look at themselves . Defending starts from the front. Your just the poor sod that had to pick it out the net !

On a side note there will probably be a few weird results over Christmas with teams missing players or letting themselves get a bit too merry over the festive period.

dont want to kick the kid when he is down but tynie is not good enough for selkirk or any team in the lowland for that matter he didn't get a contract at ormiston or kelso

dont want to kick the kid when he is down but tynie is not good enough for selkirk or any team in the lowland for that matter he didn't get a contract at ormiston or kelso

I was on loan at Kelso for game time never once wanted to sign was helping them out, Helped them out last season as well.

I know I need alot of work and Selkirk have just got a goalie coach in and hopefully can kick on from there.

You have just kicked the kid when down.

Tynie keep up the good attitude and you will be fine . Keep learning / progressing as you are still a young lad - especially for a goalkeeper !

I agree in some ways and his reports are so bad that I actually look forward to them just for a laugh but you are correct in what you say about the state of footy in the Borders and we need honest, professional media coverage and promotion for the sport instead of the self serving, personal agenda crap that we are continually being dished out or we will never be the number one sport ?

Have you made Mr Knox aware of your feelings towards him ??

Archived