Ticket offer

I'm skipping the Gibraltar game in protest and I never go to the friendlies anyway cos they're always dreadful.

Will be back on it for the Poland and Germany matches.

Early chat from our bus is that only about 20 people are interested in going to the Gibrlatar match. We'd normally take 60-70 for a weekend fixture.

£32 for the cheapest ticket against Gibraltar is pretty horrendous. Was certain I'd get a gang of us to go but the closer it gets the more reluctant I am to fork out £40 for a decent seat...

ETA - That's us decided not to bother. Shame really, I hope there's a shit crowd so the SFA get the message, but at the end of the day they'll more than make their money back with this pricing structure for the Germany and Poland games. :thumbsdown

I wasn't specifically referring to you - plenty of people, not just involved with Scotland, point to the German nation in how they charge for football. Quite rightly, they do it very well, but the SFA are hardly alone in charging highly. Germany are an exception to the rule.

And the moral part wasn't really my opinion either, more the SFAs. Personally I'd much rather they priced from a "moral" stand-point. But do you really think there's wee Hamish at the SFA wringing his hands over the moral decision he has to make over pricing? No, they're delirious at being able to rake it in, and from a business stand-point they have every right to be. Doesn't make it right (for anyone but them) but hey ho.

Why quote me above your post then, a post that opens with specific reference to Germany?

I've already said that this decision can be justified in a financial sense, but not a moral one, making it wrong.

I'm not sure what your point is.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for the SSC for the campaign but a mixture of completely forgetting/not having the funds at the time of the SSC sale I've ended up getting one in the public sake for every game so far anyway :lol:.

I'll be giving the NI game a miss because I'll be shelling out £35 for Gibraltar (an absolute scandal but never mind). Trying to convince my dad to get a ticket for that one will be nigh on impossible so will end up going myself as well.

Signed up for the SSC for the campaign but a mixture of completely forgetting/not having the funds at the time of the SSC sale I've ended up getting one in the public sake for every game so far anyway :lol:.

I'll be giving the NI game a miss because I'll be shelling out £35 for Gibraltar (an absolute scandal but never mind). Trying to convince my dad to get a ticket for that one will be nigh on impossible so will end up going myself as well.

Anyone know when the public sale is for next month's games? Still trying to decide whether to wait and save my dosh for the semi-final if Hibs get through.

• 2 weeks later...

I never do friendlies and had always earmarked the Gibraltar game as one I would skip.

The SFA took all the good feeling that was around at the start of the campaign and flushed it. f**k them.

I haven't missed a home qualifier for a long time either.

• 2 months later...

What's the score for getting a ticket for the Scotland end in Tbilisi? I haven't been to a Scotland game for years and am a bit confused by the system and not a member of the Supporters Club, which seems to be full up anyway. Do they open it up again for 2015/16? Don't really fancy spending another £55 for the right to buy a ticket though, I'll probably try and get a seat fairly close to the Scotland end from Georgia and get it delivered to my hotel. It's a massive stadium.

What's the score for getting a ticket for the Scotland end in Tbilisi? I haven't been to a Scotland game for years and am a bit confused by the system and not a member of the Supporters Club, which seems to be full up anyway. Do they open it up again for 2015/16? Don't really fancy spending another £55 for the right to buy a ticket though, I'll probably try and get a seat fairly close to the Scotland end from Georgia and get it delivered to my hotel. It's a massive stadium.

You have to be a member to buy tickets for an offical away ticket, the membership runs for the whole campaign. It's then done on a points system over the last 10 away games, opens to people on 10 points first all the way down to zero if there are any left.

Of the last 10 games, all went to zero except Germany which went to 1 and Ireland which went to 3 maybe?

Archived