Ticket offer

At £90 and £45 for three games (ignoring the friendly) is this the same price offered for the ST earlier?

Overall including the ST and england game the scumbag SFA have looted the fans that have showed up for nearly 20 years without us qualifying.

Will we sell out hampden for the gibraltar game now with this offer?

Will we sell out hampden for the gibraltar game now with this offer?

Happy to be proved wrong, but I would be absolutely astounded if we sold anywhere near every ticket for that match.

Isn't this offer pretty much roughly around the price the season ticket was, but with the Northern Ireland friendly "free"? They've backed themselves into a corner by going far too high to start with. If they reduce now, every season ticket holder will be rightly raging. If they don't, they'll struggle to sell for Gibraltar. They'll probably take the hit on that fairly happily, as no matter how angry fans are, if the Poland and Germany games come around and we're still in contention, the stadium will be fill, and the SFA will be pissing themselves with joy.

Happy to be proved wrong, but I would be absolutely astounded if we sold anywhere near every ticket for that match.

Isn't this offer pretty much roughly around the price the season ticket was, but with the Northern Ireland friendly "free"? They've backed themselves into a corner by going far too high to start with. If they reduce now, every season ticket holder will be rightly raging. If they don't, they'll struggle to sell for Gibraltar. They'll probably take the hit on that fairly happily, as no matter how angry fans are, if the Poland and Germany games come around and we're still in contention, the stadium will be fill, and the SFA will be pissing themselves with joy.

I think I misunderstood the pricing. I thought it would be 90 for the 3 remaining home games and the friendly free?

To think of all the good money our fans have spent watching us not qualify for what seems like an eternity and the fantastic support givin to the team home and away and for the SFA to charge what they are is nothing short of vile.

I take it everyone knows we are paying more for tickets than every single other country in europe for these qualifiers? We are paying almost double what the world champions charge! We have the highest priced tickets in the entire euros which I don't think everyone is aware of (just to show the absurdity of the situation)

I always want us to fill the stadium but I honestly think after this campaign (qualify or not) The fans should demand the sacking of every single person responsible for the pricing. People really are so passive these days and if this would have happened in the 70's or 80's the SFA would have been laughed out of existance

When the scandalous prices for this campaign were first announced, there should have been concerted protest and refusal to buy.

As pointed out, despite poorish crowds for Georgia and probably Gibraltar, a great deal of money will still be made, justifying the SFA' s pricing in financial terms, from their viewpoint. Morally of course, it's utterly indefensible.

Is that right, about Scotland charging more for these qualifiers than every other participating country? How can that possibly be justified, other than by saying 'we can, so we will'.

Some sort of organised stance needs to be adopted ahead of the next campaign, to avoid repeats. I suspect however that enough fans are prepared to pay whatever the Hell it costs, to enable them to be exploited in this way.

When the scandalous prices for this campaign were first announced, there should have been concerted protest and refusal to buy.

As pointed out, despite poorish crowds for Georgia and probably Gibraltar, a great deal of money will still be made, justifying the SFA' s pricing in financial terms, from their viewpoint. Morally of course, it's utterly indefensible.

Is that right, about Scotland charging more for these qualifiers than every other participating country? How can that possibly be justified, other than by saying 'we can, so we will'.

Some sort of organised stance needs to be adopted ahead of the next campaign, to avoid repeats. I suspect however that enough fans are prepared to pay whatever the Hell it costs, to enable them to be exploited in this way.

To be fair, although Germany are charging less than us, that's hardly a problem with the SFA, and more a massive plus for the DFB. They charge less all across the board for football as a country, with all kinds of extra incentives, so to use that as a stick to beat the SFA with...well, let's just say there are plenty of others you could use better!

I'm not sure I'd go with morally indefensible either. Morals don't really come into it - the SFA is tasked with bringing in money, so they're doing just that. It's supply and demand. For Gibraltar, the supply will massively outstrip the demand. Oh well, say the SFA, because for Germany, Poland, Ireland and to a lesser extent Georgia, it's a lot more even. Put it this way, if we can qualify with a win against Poland in October, the SFA could charge £100 a ticket, and it would sell out, and still leave many unhappy they couldn't get a ticket.

The only thing that would've stopped it is if no-one - or very few - bought tickets. It's very noble to call for an organised stance, and probably very effective, but it's never going to happen. There's always going to be some that either don't care about the pricing, don't care enough to stop them going or just want to see Scotland so much that them despising the pricing structure doesn't matter. And as long as they exist, the SFA get away with it unfortunately.

If I were the SFA, I'd drop the prices slightly for the next campaign and publicise it. Call it good faith for supporting the team so well in our (hopefully) successful 2016 campaign. A £200 ticket for the "best" seats that gets you into the five competitive matches, £150 for the worse seats. They could go cheaper, but they won't.

To be fair, although Germany are charging less than us, that's hardly a problem with the SFA, and more a massive plus for the DFB. They charge less all across the board for football as a country, with all kinds of extra incentives, so to use that as a stick to beat the SFA with...well, let's just say there are plenty of others you could use better!

I'm not sure I'd go with morally indefensible either. Morals don't really come into it - the SFA is tasked with bringing in money, so they're doing just that. It's supply and demand. For Gibraltar, the supply will massively outstrip the demand. Oh well, say the SFA, because for Germany, Poland, Ireland and to a lesser extent Georgia, it's a lot more even. Put it this way, if we can qualify with a win against Poland in October, the SFA could charge £100 a ticket, and it would sell out, and still leave many unhappy they couldn't get a ticket.

The only thing that would've stopped it is if no-one - or very few - bought tickets. It's very noble to call for an organised stance, and probably very effective, but it's never going to happen. There's always going to be some that either don't care about the pricing, don't care enough to stop them going or just want to see Scotland so much that them despising the pricing structure doesn't matter. And as long as they exist, the SFA get away with it unfortunately.

If I were the SFA, I'd drop the prices slightly for the next campaign and publicise it. Call it good faith for supporting the team so well in our (hopefully) successful 2016 campaign. A £200 ticket for the "best" seats that gets you into the five competitive matches, £150 for the worse seats. They could go cheaper, but they won't.

Horrible way of thinking mate.

The fans are everything and the SFA were created to organise and manage the countries football to cater to the fans. They were not created to take as much money from the fans as they think they can get away with

This definitely comes down to morals when we all know their SOLE purpose today is making as much money as possible.

We shouldn't respect and accept that point of view because in reality are not there for that purpose

I didn't mention Germany, let alone use it as a stick to beat anyone with. I picked up on the idea that we were apparently charging more than any other country.

Your statement that morals shouldn't come into it is just your opinion and it bears little scrutiny.

Quick question probably not deserving of it's own thread - do folk think it's worth getting a membership right now? I can't find the dates for when the 2014/2015 membership ends. And how many tickets are you guaranteed as a member? Is it just the one for yourself?

Quick question probably not deserving of it's own thread - do folk think it's worth getting a membership right now? I can't find the dates for when the 2014/2015 membership ends. And how many tickets are you guaranteed as a member? Is it just the one for yourself?

Wondering the same.

Yeah, it's just the one for yourself.

Non-members always seem to suggest you can get a ticket no bother without being a part of the SSC. Maybe with us improving under Strachan that will change? I signed up in time for the World Cup 2010 and was considering ditching it for this campaign due to the ridiculous pricing, but kept it because I go to matches with 5 other mates who are part of the SSC.

Would be a nightmare to miss out on the Poland game right enough, so up to you to if you're confident you'll be fine, or if you want to just guarantee a ticket.

I didn't mention Germany, let alone use it as a stick to beat anyone with. I picked up on the idea that we were apparently charging more than any other country. Your statement that morals shouldn't come into it is just your opinion and it bears little scrutiny.

I wasn't specifically referring to you - plenty of people, not just involved with Scotland, point to the German nation in how they charge for football. Quite rightly, they do it very well, but the SFA are hardly alone in charging highly. Germany are an exception to the rule.

And the moral part wasn't really my opinion either, more the SFAs. Personally I'd much rather they priced from a "moral" stand-point. But do you really think there's wee Hamish at the SFA wringing his hands over the moral decision he has to make over pricing? No, they're delirious at being able to rake it in, and from a business stand-point they have every right to be. Doesn't make it right (for anyone but them) but hey ho.

The SFA isn't a profit-making business. They exist to promote and run football in Scotland, not to make money out of supporters. They can argue that the extra money made from selling tickets will go towards grassroots projects etc, but it will be counterproductive if they push people away from supporting the national team and thus being involved in the game in Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it'll still be around the 40k mark, maybe a bit higher. In spite of the prices, it's a game we should win easily, it's a weekend match and we're playing well just now and have a serious chance of qualifying.

The blazers at Hampden are just lucky our national team is on the up.

I'll be there.

That's why I'm considering getting a membership. Because i feel i'll miss out on tickets for the Germany and Poland games.

The memberships run alongside the qualifying campaigns. So if you buy one now, it'll be up for renewal in December. I don't know how it works for tickets to an actual tournament cos I've only had mine 10 years.

You're paying £50 to guarantee your ticket for those matches so depends whether you think that's worth it.

Archived