Forfar v airdrie

Cant see much of a support up from Airdrie for this one. Shame, as we've been alright recently.

We've settled into a shape and expect Scot Fraser to be running the show in midfield. No doubt he'll be out to impress the inevitable attendee's from his parent club.

I'd start with the same line up we did against Dunfy.

A reversal of the scoreline at New Broomfield would be ideal, and that's what I'm predicting, Forfar 1 - Airdrie 2.

I'm going to this and I am really looking forward to it. The fixtures haven't been to kind this year because I would normally go to as many Forfar home games as I can when United are away but it has been more often than not that both are at home this season.

Anyway I will go along to Station Park hoping to see the mighty Forfar continue their domination of League One!

Would expect Forfar to win, but by the looks of things we're hard to beat again and we really need to eek out all of Scott Fraser's quality that we can before he goes back to Dundee Utd.

Score draw again.

I think Forfar are a far stronger squad on paper but they were very lucky to escape with a win at New Broomfield, and we were in a run of poor form at that time.

We've improved, mainly because Fraser has settled in so well, and I don't think we've much to fear. Although we are playing a bit better, we're still getting too many draws and that could cost us dearly. We need to do what we did at the arse end of last year, and stick a run of wins together - hopefully starting here.

Writing this with frozen fingers, bitterly cold at Station Park! Forfar were absolutely awful for 75 minutes then decided to play the way they should have been playing the whole match by pressing high and playing at pace. Impressed with Airdrieonians in the first half but they squandered loads of chances. Thought Forfar had grabbed a last minute winner with that ridiculous old fashioned scramble in the box.

In isolation it's not a bad result, when viewed as part of the bigger picture of our away record it's not really good enough. We've now played every team away once and in those 9 games we've won 1 - and that was with 2 late goals against a rotten Ayr side. In a league where there's not a lot between 9 of the teams that's really poor, and if we want anything other than a relegation battle it's going to have to improve.

We have been honking for weeks now......but have somehow extended our lead over the full time clubs!! Smith has to be dropped now....gives the midfield nothing...Sanny has to start with Swanks out wide and Omar...it's not rocket science ffs!!!! :-)

Archived