Kilmarnock F.C. - A Shambles From Top to Bottom

Not had much time to post on here following the Rangers, Thistle and St Johnstone matches but I have a spare half hour now so let's look at Kilmarnock F.C. in late 2014 shall we?

Firstly, on the park. Rudderless, spineless, clueless. We have a manager who has no invention or originality, who would rather revert to type (i.e. let's shitehawk our way to draws) than try and entertain. I don't think any Kilmarnock fans expect free-flowing 'German' fitba', but we'd like to see a team set up to play with some kind of enthusiasm and passion.

One of the biggest complaints from last season was the long-ball tactics, and instead of trying to remedy that properly AJ is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We certainly do pass the ball more than we used to, but it strikes me as more a case of "this'll shut the fans up" rather than us trying to use it as an effective gameplan. Passing the ball is all well and good, but when you have no creativity or incision with it then it's pointless. Pass-pass-pass-pass-lose possession-over commit-miss tackle-concede goal. We did well at the start of the season by having clever movement in wide areas, and that has vanished in recent months as our manager reverted to type.

I supported AJ last season as less than a year in charge is far too short a time to fully assess a manager and his ability. Things had begun to look up at the start of the season, with decent signings and a few good wins. But when things started getting tough, the real Allan Johnston reappeared. The making of a good manager is an ability to change things when the going gets tough, and AJ just doesn't have that in him I'm afraid. There are things that need to change and I'm not sure he's got the set to make them. For example: he's digging his heels in re: Pascali when he cost us another goal at the weekend and is very quickly becoming a liability at this level; he is seemingly refusing to do anything about Eremenko and his fitness issues; he wants to keep playing our best striker (Robbie Muirhead) out of position and is sticking with the 'anyone but Muirhead' up top rule; is he doing anything about Samson and his very severe issues? No improvement has been made in a year and a half; what work has been done to secure Muirhead, Kiltie and Slater on new contracts? They all should have been tied up this summer. Just a few of the things that need remedied and need remedied now.

As for off the pitch... I was adamant in my assessment that Michael Johnston wasn't the sole problem in and around Kilmarnock F.C, and that he did make a number of good decisions whilst in charge. Things however have went from bad to worse and MJ's continued presence is having a negative affect on all aspects of the club. Yes, we no longer face the prospect of the bank calling in the debt, but we're really struggling without the added income from the hotel. The Sports Bar is losing money hand-over-fist and the prospect of it shutting for good has been discussed and is a real possibility. We're auctioning off signed memorabilia and 'behind the scenes' packages to raise money to keep our youth development running, as there are other areas of the club that need the money on a more urgent basis. Billy Bowie supposedly regrets his involvement in the club, and has not long realised that we need much more help than he thought we did initially. With his businesses needing so much work, he simply doesn't have the time to take over KFC at the moment, although I've heard that he's openly trying to recruit a chief executive to take up his day-to-day business so he can do more at the football club.

The atmosphere at the St Johnstone game was horrible. There was a real sense of lost passion and tethers being torn. I've been an active fan of the club for near-on twenty years, and this is the least enthusiasm I've ever had for Kilmarnock F.C. I could be up north on Saturday and could be passing through Aberdeen during the afternoon, and would have no intention of going to Pittodrie. Gone are the days when I'd juggle everything around to see Killie play. I know for a fact that I'm not the only loyal supporter who feels like this, and if things don't change pronto then I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see us playing Championship football (or worse) in front of <2000 fans in the very near future.

There is a cancer at the club, and it's spreading like wildfire. If it's not the play on the park, it's our club captain blocking fans on social media who have never even connected with him before. If it's not MJ continuing to keep fans/businesses away it's AJ's negative tactics.

#PrayForKillie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, and there you have it. In a nutshell. Large nutshell maybe, but crisis it is.

Light years away are memories of Eintracht, Tynecastle 65, Ibrox 97 etc etc.

Tbh, some of this synopsis could be applied to nearly every club in Scotland.

Have you seen the mass of empty seats at Parkhead EVERY matchday?

There is an utter lack of understanding in the domestic game as to what the fans want.

It certainly isnae £26 to watch shite, that's for sure!

But MJ, Doncaster, Regan et al will carry on regardless, presiding over the demise of our game.

Aye, and there you have it. In a nutshell. Large nutshell maybe, but crisis it is.

There is an utter lack of understanding in the domestic game as to what the fans want.

But MJ, Doncaster, Regan et al will carry on regardless, presiding over the demise of our game.

It's not even just those halcyon days that seem light years away, even the 18th March 2012 feels like an eternity ago. Kenny Shiels had his very serious flaws as a manager, but at least he understood what it meant to support Kilmarnock F.C.

Not had much time to post on here following the Rangers, Thistle and St Johnstone matches but I have a spare half hour now so let's look at Kilmarnock F.C. in late 2014 shall we?

Firstly, on the park. Rudderless, spineless, clueless. We have a manager who has no invention or originality, who would rather revert to type (i.e. let's shitehawk our way to draws) than try and entertain. I don't think any Kilmarnock fans expect free-flowing 'German' fitba', but we'd like to see a team set up to play with some kind of enthusiasm and passion.

One of the biggest complaints from last season was the long-ball tactics, and instead of trying to remedy that properly AJ is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. We certainly do pass the ball more than we used to, but it strikes me as more a case of "this'll shut the fans up" rather than us trying to use it as an effective gameplan. Passing the ball is all well and good, but when you have no creativity or incision with it then it's pointless. Pass-pass-pass-pass-lose possession-over commit-miss tackle-concede goal. We did well at the start of the season by having clever movement in wide areas, and that has vanished in recent months as our manager reverted to type.

I supported AJ last season as less than a year in charge is far too short a time to fully assess a manager and his ability. Things had begun to look up at the start of the season, with decent signings and a few good wins. But when things started getting tough, the real Allan Johnston reappeared. The making of a good manager is an ability to change things when the going gets tough, and AJ just doesn't have that in him I'm afraid. There are things that need to change and I'm not sure he's got the set to make them. For example: he's digging his heels in re: Pascali when he cost us another goal at the weekend and is very quickly becoming a liability at this level; he is seemingly refusing to do anything about Eremenko and his fitness issues; he wants to keep playing our best striker (Robbie Muirhead) out of position and is sticking with the 'anyone but Muirhead' up top rule; is he doing anything about Samson and his very severe issues? No improvement has been made in a year and a half; what work has been done to secure Muirhead, Kiltie and Slater on new contracts? They all should have been tied up this summer. Just a few of the things that need remedied and need remedied now.

As for off the pitch... I was adamant in my assessment that Michael Johnston wasn't the sole problem in and around Kilmarnock F.C, and that he did make a number of good decisions whilst in charge. Things however have went from bad to worse and MJ's continued presence is having a negative affect on all aspects of the club. Yes, we no longer face the prospect of the bank calling in the debt, but we're really struggling without the added income from the hotel. The Sports Bar is losing money hand-over-fist and the prospect of it shutting for good has been discussed and is a real possibility. We're auctioning off signed memorabilia and 'behind the scenes' packages to raise money to keep our youth development running, as there are other areas of the club that need the money on a more urgent basis. Billy Bowie supposedly regrets his involvement in the club, and has not long realised that we need much more help than he thought we did initially. With his businesses needing so much work, he simply doesn't have the time to take over KFC at the moment, although I've heard that he's openly trying to recruit a chief executive to take up his day-to-day business so he can do more at the football club.

The atmosphere at the St Johnstone game was horrible. There was a real sense of lost passion and tethers being torn. I've been an active fan of the club for near-on twenty years, and this is the least enthusiasm I've ever had for Kilmarnock F.C. I'll be up north on Saturday and will probably be passing through Aberdeen during the afternoon, and I have no intention of going to Pittodrie. Gone are the days when I'd juggle everything around to see Killie play. I know for a fact that I'm not the only loyal supporter who feels like this, and if things don't change pronto then I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see us playing Championship football (or worse) in front of <2000 fans in the very near future.

There is a cancer at the club, and it's spreading like wildfire. If it's not the play on the park, it's our club captain blocking fans on social media who have never even connected with him before. If it's not MJ continuing to keep fans/businesses away it's AJ's negative tactics.

#PrayForKillie

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

The atmosphere at the St Johnstone game was horrible. There was a real sense of lost passion and tethers being torn. I've been an active fan of the club for near-on twenty years, and this is the least enthusiasm I've ever had for Kilmarnock F.C. I'll be up north on Saturday and will probably be passing through Aberdeen during the afternoon, and I have no intention of going to Pittodrie. Gone are the days when I'd juggle everything around to see Killie play. I know for a fact that I'm not the only loyal supporter who feels like this, and if things don't change pronto then I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see us playing Championship football (or worse) in front of <2000 fans in the very near future.

#PrayForKillie

Far, far tl; dr

Sounds dangerously like Armageddon to me.

Social unrest in deepest, darkest Ayrshire?

#PrayForKillie

Agree with most of that. Bowie isn't innocent he has made a fortune off the back of this deal.

From what I hear the young players won't be signing new contracts. Partly because of AJs management and partly because we can't get close to money on offer down south, even if was offered in summer they wouldn't have signed.

#PrayForKillie

Apart from that have you enjoyed this season?

I'm scunnered and my passion and love for the club is diminishing rapidly. The club stinks from the top down right to the core and the 3000 left that attend need to get a grip and realise the issues and force the change needed.

I told you Killie would revert to hoofball swiftly.

It was pretty risky hiring him in the first place when his only period managing a team was the only full-time club in the third tier.

Bowie has seemed like a chancer all along, and the whole "takeover" stuff of last March seems to have been handled in an incredibly dishonest manner by both him and MJ. Their public statements haven't matched their actions. Too many people (including folk in the media) were just blindly willing to accept Bowie at face value without questioning what was in it for him. What has he actually managed since becoming involved, aside from securing shitloads of publicity for himself?

Archived