Queens v Cowdenbeath

Well I did say, but to be fair to Kidd he's not a right back.

Yes we had enough chances to win and too many players had below par performances but what was totally apparent to me today is that our squad players aren't up to speed with this league.

I haven't yet figured out what Kidd's position is after watching him all season. Not fair to blame today on any individual. Kerr was somewhere between the guy hooked at HT at Tynecastle and the guy runnning the midfield v Rangers. Ball given away by everybody on a regular basis. Their keeper had a very good game and there was a definite mugged feel about the end of the game but good luck to Cowden and maybe we needed a kick up the pants.

The American lad showed some good delivery from corners but I didn't think anybody stood out - xmas party syndrome?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, we aren't actually a bad side. We just lack belief more often than not which has a lot to do with the manager, IMO. I would not have been surprised if it went 2-1 the opposite way.

We need to go on a little run now. The game against Raith is massive. Hopefully we can bring a couple of good players in January if funds allow.

We seemed to loss the feel good factor from the play-offs. Very poor start. Hopefully we will kick on from here. Dumbarton n Raith coming up.

MacTwatt, on 20 Dec 2014 - 1905, said:

"...there are no really bad teams in this Division. (Well apart from Raith Rovers)...

Decent league actually."

Well we havent lost to Cowden yet. But maybe we're all shite,

Including QOS :)

You've got a Strange obsession with qos fella. Who has rattled your cage?

You've got a Strange obsession with qos fella. Who has rattled your cage?

Naw. Nowt against QOS, truthfully, one or two OTT roasters on here apart. I'm giving encouragement to my fellow Dungfermline loathing Fifers :)

Oops. Anyway. We could finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th. we will finish above Raith Rovers... But who knows? That is why .... Good league

2nd to 6th is a bit much. I would say 3rd to 5th and even 3rd may be a struggle in a few weeks time unless we pick up against some tough opponents. We have a good record at Alloa in last couple of seasons but they inflicted our first defeat in 2nd division winning season and we have struggled v Livi. Then it's away to raith and Falkirk before Hibs come to town. Potential to be comfy in the play off berth after these or struggling to keep up with hibs and Falkirk.

Fine win today - felt like the Dens Park game about this time last year. Lots of near things at both ends. Cowden's tactics spot on and everyone played a part. Though TOB was a standout and Colin Marshall has had a very good impact - both in his play and his attitude. Gallagher did really well for that first goal and then Kyle Miller's pass through to Sean Higgins was a super one. Higgins strode clear with the defence trailing so there was all the thrills of anticipation and then an impeccable, confident finish - cue Scenes!!!

The thing is, we aren't actually a bad side. We just lack belief more often than not which has a lot to do with the manager, IMO. I would not have been surprised if it went 2-1 the opposite way.

We need to go on a little run now. The game against Raith is massive. Hopefully we can bring a couple of good players in January if funds allow.

I totally agree with you,re first paragraph.We beat a very good side today with two upfront.We showed faith in ourselves instead of worrying about stopping our opponents.We are a good side and when we play well we will win games.

Queens1919, on 20 Dec 2014 - 19:10, said:snapback.png

how was Baird shit?

I'd be inclined to rearrange those words.

Whenever Baird played against us I always thought he was a good player and a threat. Now that he has signed apart from a few fleeting glimpses he is know where near the player I thought and hoped we would get.

Fine win today - felt like the Dens Park game about this time last year. Lots of near things at both ends. Cowden's tactics spot on and everyone played a

part. Though TOB was a standout and Colin Marshall has had a very good impact - both in his play and his attitude. Gallagher did really well for that first goal and then Kyle Miller's pass through to Sean

Higgins was a super one. Higgins strode clear with the defence trailing so there was all the thrills of anticipation and then an impeccable, confident finish - cue Scenes!!!

Nice little write up.

Any update on Gallaghers injury?

Keep the momentum going Cowden and keep believing.If we get a little run going against Dumbarton and Raith then we will be in a stable position in the league.A result against Hearts would maybe give the TV companys a little jolt and televise one of our games as they have not been in favour thus far of live television coverage of our games.Maybe a last minute from Bbc Alba for Tuesday.

And how was Baird shit? He hit a screamer, in all the way!

Put the word "shit" next to "how" and you're closer to the mark. Baird was hands down the worst player on the park today. How he got the full 90 minutes was both baffling and worrying; if Fowler thought he was playing well. He hit a screamer in the first half but one cracking shot doesn't excuse a sh£t performance for the rest of the game! I really want to like Baird. When he arrived I compared him to Kean. I didn't want to be correct with my prediction, but the more I see him the more I feel he's very much like him. Just awful today. It's the first time in months that I've shouted for a player to be subbed.

Cowden were well worthy of their HT lead. The second half it was all us. We still weren't great though. Too many sloppy passes and not enough grit and determination for my liking. What a difference a week makes! Far too many passengers today. The usually reliable Kerr and Durnan had one of their worst games for us today. Not the only poor ones though, I just felt especially disappointed with those two as they are our regular top players. The only starter I'd give pass marks to would be Higgins. It doesn't feel good criticising the players after one poor performance, but lack of effort seriously turns me into a seething mess.

A draw would probably have been a fair result, but that's football. It felt like snatch and grab at the end from Cowden, but it really wasn't when you consider the full 90 minutes. I can't see Cowden fairing very well against Hearts on Tuesday if they play the same way though. I think if Hearts were playing either of us today it could have been an absolute thumping.

Hopefully that's our last 'bad day at the office' for a good while. Overall, the players have been superb this season so I suppose we shouldn't be too critical (even if the lack of effort was embarrassingly lacking!).

With any luck, any scouts there today have been put off of our youngsters :P

Queens1919, on 20 Dec 2014 - 19:10, said:snapback.png

Whenever Baird played against us I always thought he was a good player and a threat. Now that he has signed apart from a few fleeting glimpses he is know where near the player I thought and hoped we would get.

Yes, completely the same.

I was pleased when we signed him as he'd always impressed against us. He's been a huge disappointment though. He doesn't score enough and he doesn't hold it and play others in, nearly often enough.

Nice little write up.

Keep the momentum going Cowden and keep believing.If we get a little run going against Dumbarton and Raith then we will be in a stable position in the league.A result against Hearts would maybe give the TV companys a little jolt and televise one of our games as they have not been in favour thus far of live television coverage of our games.Maybe a last minute from Bbc Alba for Tuesday.

No I didn't hear any more - ankle I think

Nice little write up.

Are we that keen to be on TV? You get the date/time of match changed, the crowd is reduced so gate money goes down and the TV money goes to the League not the 2 clubs. You might get some sponsorship/advertising uptake but wouldn't bank on it.

Forgot to mention the comedy double whammy of the lino sprawling all over the pitch after being hit by the ball. The dusting himself only for the ball to get lobbed back in rhe general direction for the throw, only to blunce off his bonce.

Archived