Big Rock v Big Wheel on BBC Alba

Central is fucking freezing as well due to the height of Cowdenbeath and the fact nothing protects you or shelters you on that terracing.

You'll probably remember this, Central Park November 2011 was the coldest I've ever been. It was 0-0 and an advertising board nearly decapitated Joe Mbu. I don't imagine it'll be much warmer on December 27th either :wacko:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll probably remember this, Central Park November 2011 was the coldest I've ever been. It was 0-0 and an advertising board nearly decapitated Joe Mbu. I don't imagine it'll be much warmer on December 27th either :wacko:

f**k aye. The fact it was a god awful game didn't help.

Coldest I have even been was in Inverness. The following day coming home it snowed really heavily and we were lucky to get home.

I remember sheltering behind a skip near their mainstand the north wind was so cold.

I was at a mental cup game up there once. A blizzard came on during the first half and there were two Killie fans down the front of the away end in their early 20s wearing child's fitba kits and doing starjumps and aerobics. David Fernandez was brought down for a sure penalty, but the lines were covered with snow so the ref waved it away. At half time they swept the penalty box lines with brushes and found Fernandez had been fouled about 4 yards inside the box. A miserable return trip in shite conditions.

Are you confusing the River Clyde with the sea?

Ach, the River Clyde's connected to the sea. It's close enough. The water disnae get any warmer just cos it has a different name.

Coldest was probably the Norway V Scotland friendly last year. Like Gayfield and the Bet Butler, the ground is built right at the side of the water. Unlike the two Scottish grounds though, it's quite picturesque. Look on google images for the Aker Stadion, Molde.

Whoever thought that going to Norway in November was a good idea needs to be shot. I asked one of the SFA girls if we could have the next friendly in Barbados. Still waiting...

Also, in addition to Dumbarton not being near the sea, Stranraer, Montrose, East Fife, Aberdeen, Cove, Peterhead and Fraserburgh are right on the coast, so not just Arbroath then. Weirdo.

Never been to the grounds further north but Arbroath's is nearer the sea than Montrose's and Stranraer's (and Raith's and Aberdeen's) - and at least New Bayview is end on to the sea rather than having the terracing run along side.

But... one Oct 28th I was actually warm at Gayfield. That'll never happen again, it's usually Baltic.

Ach, the River Clyde's connected to the sea. It's close enough. The water disnae get any warmer just cos it has a different name.

Coldest was probably the Norway V Scotland friendly last year. Like Gayfield and the Bet Butler, the ground is built right at the side of the water. Unlike the two Scottish grounds though, it's quite picturesque. Look on google images for the Aker Stadion, Molde.

Whoever thought that going to Norway in November was a good idea needs to be shot. I asked one of the SFA girls if we could have the next friendly in Barbados. Still waiting...

Our ground isn't picturesque? Nonsense.

post-16460-0-71920700-1418677168_thumb.j

Broadwood is the coldest I have ever been at a game followed by a game at TFS last season. Arbroath is always a bit chilly, even in Summer.

I used to think Clyde was the coldest, nothing more than a glorified wind tunnel. Then I went to Kiev for a qualifier and was scared to blink incase the eyelids froze over.

I was looking forward to this one for the novelty of a later kick-off and the night out that's due to follow but turns out I'd agreed to go to the pantomime with the family instead. What was I thinking. Whoever arranged a 3:30pm start time clearly didn't check the Scottish Championship fixture list either. Amateurs.

Hopefully a good game with two teams in a bit of form. We've taken our fair share of points from these chances in recent fixtures so should go into this one with done degree of confidence. I'd replace Mitch with Archie as I feel he needs a rest. No other changes are necessary unless CT is fit, in which case I'd slot him in alongside Agnew and push Fleming up front at the expense of Nish.

Kelpie pishes on rock.

We'll get zero "tv cash" from this game just now, it all goes into a pot, to be shared later between clubs.

That's a pity. Now we'll just have to get rent-a-mob in to help fill the stadium in what is traditionally a poorly attended footballing weekend.

It is the River Leven, not the River Clyde........

You could get 900 in there if you wanted. But you guys don't seem to support your team very well. Potentially you could be bringing less than Cowdenbeath do because "it's too cold". Poor show.

Do you think you saying things like this will make people go?

Archived