Heart of Midlothian v Alloa Athletic, 20/12/2014

The hosts welcome the slayer of the Sevco to Tynecastle just five days before Christmas.

Due to the Cowdenbeath postponement, Morgaro Gomis will now miss this one for Hearts instead.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hosts welcome the slayer of the Sevco to Tynecastle just five days before Christmas.

Due to the Cowdenbeath postponement, Morgaro Gomis will now miss this one for Hearts instead.

Good old Morgaro. I am sure he got sent off to avoid having to play against us today. He couldn't face running onto the Central Park pitch in an opposition strip.

Hopefully the 19 Alloa fans that turned up at Easter Road today will have a better time next week at Tynie.

There'll be more next week to sample the atmosphere and take the opportunity to see some of the young Hearts stars.

Not really looking forward to this after today, but it's the 'North of Scotland Alloa Athletic Supporter Club' day out so I'll be there.

Inverness Branch will be in attendance :thumsup2

If Alloa sit as deep as they did against Hibs did today, we will fucking steamroll them.

Agreed but we were again right down to the bare bones yesterday and we have had a very tough schedule of late. That was also the first time in the seventh game against Hearts/Hibs/Rangers this season that we haven't caused the opposition real problems. Holmes and Cawley made their comebacks off the bench yesterday, Marr was on the bench and hopefully Buchanan will be back next weekend too. All being well we should be able to name a significantly stronger team for the Hearts game. We need that because we're running on empty and a similar performance to yesterday at Tynecastle could see a very heavy defeat.

Hopefully the 19 Alloa fans that turned up at Easter Road today will have a better time next week at Tynie.

I believe 103 was the official figure, that's actually a pretty good Alloa away support ;) .

Snigger. Alloa like to play football.

Snigger? They apparently deserved a point against Hearts (something not many can say) they've beaten hibs and drawn with Rangers twice having played the better football. They've also beaten Rangers in the cup, pretty impressive for a part time team tbh.

Snigger? They apparently deserved a point against Hearts (something not many can say) they've beaten hibs and drawn with Rangers twice having played the better football. They've also beaten Rangers in the cup, pretty impressive for a part time team tbh.

Agreed.

6 points behind Raith we badly need to start picking up some points or we are in danger of being stranded in a scrap with Cowden, I'd rather see us keeping up with the pack for as long as possible but sadly I think it's another defeat here if we're still struggling 4-0 home win if we have players back 3-1 home win.

Hearts should have enough playing at home but will need a good, patient performance again. Alloa could easily have taken a point or three earlier in the season and restricted a pretty much full strength Hearts to very few chances. Nicholson improved us in that game and it would be good to see him get a start.

I hope Alloa don't sit deep. Raith Rovers did that at Tynecastle and we created virtually nothing. Queens came and knocked the ball about and we countered well and won convincingly. Looking forward to it after last weeks cancellation.

Archived