All Aboard the QotS 2nd Place Train

If Livi could do us a favour and go bust, and our two disappointing draws are upgraded to wins that would be smashing.

Never thought of that.

If Livi fold, nulling everyone's results against them, we must stand to benefit.

Throw in a Rangers admin and it's full steam ahead.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only bad thing about Queens going up would be they'd have to develop their stadiym to meet the utterly ludicrous and frankly Phyrric criteria, which would be a shame as Palmerston is a cracking ground, particularly the home terrace behind the goal.

The only bad thing about Queens going up would be they'd have to develop their stadiym to meet the utterly ludicrous and frankly Phyrric criteria, which would be a shame as Palmerston is a cracking ground, particularly the home terrace behind the goal.

Palmerston meets the current premiership standards, there is no reason we would have to change a thing.

There is no requirement to change anything. SPFL did away with the SPL seating criteria.

Find it remarkable that QOTS haven't played in the top flight for so long.

Raith, Livi, Falkirk, Accies, County etc etc... All similar sized teams have managed it in the modern era. Jeez even Morton have been there more recently than Queens.

Surely it must be their turn soon...

Raith, Livi, Falkirk, Accies, County etc etc... All similar sized teams have managed it in the modern era. Jeez even Morton have been there more recently than Queens.

Indeed. They'll be replacing your bunch of no-hopers in May.

Just like you were going to be overtaking us last season?

Oh Paulo, will you ever learn :lol:

Well, I've since learned that both Heart of Midlothian and St. Mirren will be back where they respectively belong next season. 8)

Queens were run into the ground in the 70's, 80's and early 90's though. We were nowhere near a premier challenging club. We werent even much in the second level.

The sea change began in 1995,accelerated through the 00's and barring a horror year of financial problems and bad football in 2011 has got even better since as our youth academy starts to bear fruit.

Well, I've since learned that both Heart of Midlothian and St. Mirren will be back where they respectively belong next season. 8)

Yeah I keep hearing we're going to be getting relegated, been hearing it for going on 10 years now. Got to happen one day, hasn't it? :lol:

Queens were run into the ground in the 70's, 80's and early 90's though. We were nowhere near a premier challenging club. We werent even much in the second level.

The sea change began in 1995,accelerated through the 00's and barring a horror year of financial problems and bad football in 2011 has got even better since as our youth academy starts to bear fruit.

Going through hard times off the park is hardly unique to Queens. Most of the teams I mentioned have either had insolvency events or have been very close to it.

Am I right in saying Queens are the only full time club in Scotland not to have played in the top flight in the last 30 years?

Going through hard times off the park is hardly unique to Queens. Most of the teams I mentioned have either had insolvency events or have been very close to it.

Am I right in saying Queens are the only full time club in Scotland not to have played in the top flight in the last 30 years?

It`s not unique but we were atrocious for large parts of the period highlighted by SD.

We had a very decent team the year the leagues were reorganised in the 70s, coming 2nd which would ordinarily have been enough for promotion to the top level but typically for us got us into the new 1st division i.e. a level below the new SPL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974%E2%80%9375_in_Scottish_football

I`ve watched QOS for almost 50 years and never seen us in top level. Much of that time we have been both part time and pish. More recently the progress has been pleasing.

As outlined by SD we spent most of the time since our last top flight spell punching well below our weight. Bar a one season blip we've spent the last 15 years where we should be, obviously the next goal has to be looking up the way and aspiring to the likes of Hamilton and St Johnstone.

Under the current board it is a real possibility.

Archived