Spartans v Berwick

Yellow Feet

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one of them. I never heard GSTQ I did hear " stick your twelfth man and berwick till I die tho. Maybe you misheard? I think you'll find the spartans boys gave as good as they got. Our " f**k off Scorland. We all voted yes" was met with stamping on our English flags and being called English b*****ds. Like I say. Gave as good as they got

Didn't see your English flags - just one with 'F' on it (?) Aye, the Spartans boys were wee tykes but given their ages ranged from about 8 to 12, I won't be reporting them. Spoke to some of your older fans who were nice enough. As for the 'Berwick team', I suppose age 30 is the new 12 in Berwick and that you don't get out much?

Seems a bit out of place against a wee team like Spartans,that's all.

Fortunately, there won't be a rematch stand-off next week. The Spartans' boys will be in bed by the time it kicks off.

Flags my arse.

Story of this game from a Berwick point of view was the desperately inept wimpy piss-poor gutless display in the 2nd half.

This team has all the heart and guts of a dead jellyfish and if Spartans had scored 5 minutes earlier we'd have lost.

Young, Bald and Notman deserve to play next week. The rest should be dropped.

We lost at least 90% of the 2nd balls in the 2nd half. An absolute disgrace from players who think they are better than Lowland League.

Currie Willis Lavery and Henderson were outrageously shite.

It's no often I agree with an englishman, Young had a decent game Norman showed some passion Bald made a few decent saves Grey ran his wee legs downtae stumps. BUT Lavery NEEDS tae have a good long think gfs a 10 year old could have taken the ball aff him (is he deliberately playing that badly so he get moved from the left?) and Currie SHOULD NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC START!!!!!!! FFS the last good game he had was against shire the first time they were down! YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH PRACTICE AT CORNERS FFS I'M CRIPPLED WITH ARTHRITIS AND I COULDN'T SEE ANY WORSE!!**@#$$#@$%!!

Let's not let bawbaggery about whose fans were a little bit naughty get in the way of what was a cracking cup tie and a superb afternoon out.

We get to do it all again in 10 days and we'll know what's at stake. Berwick by far the better team in the first half and us better in the second.

Unfortunately it was too long a flight to make it to Edinburgh today so I missed all the fun, noted however the start of the 'Get the F out' campaign against Cameron and Dargo was heralded with a fairly crap home made flag depicting a black F in a red circle with a line through it.

If this campaign is to get anywhere then perhaps a more professional approach would be required!!

Cooo... cooo... cooo! 8)

Strange game.

Spartans looked really nervous for the first twenty odd minutes and Berwick looked like they could score whenever they wanted. Spartans settled but didn't look like they would actually threaten.

Second half, though, completely different game. It was like Berwick just didn't care. Spartans should have scored earlier.

Was impressed with the Spartans 12 and 15 (why no shirt numbers in the programme??). Berwick's number 7 was really impressive with the ball but must be frustrating to have in your team, seemed really reluctant to ever pass the ball!

I do admire those who wait till the alcohol and emotions die down before posting, but I'm still steaming!

I

Any team that tries hard enough will do for Berwick at the moment. In other words, if they don't lie down early doors, we're shagged.

I do hope that Kerr Young tells Cameron that our failure to win was less to do with extra extra time, and more to do with the feeble tarts ahead of him. And I hope he knees him in the nuts too while Porteous is checking whether the ink has dried on that contract.

Spartans fans, who the f**k wrote your report?

"The atmosphere inside the North Edinburgh arena was electric as the Underdogs of Spartans v the Border Terriers of Berwick, came out of the tunnel for this 5th Round clash, in what were fantastic conditions for football.

Berwick, the full-timers who ply their trade in SPFL 2"

Thats as far as I got before I gave up. Embarrassing.

A ) Your 'fans' were shite until you scored

B ) you were not the underdog

C ) full-timers? Ok.

I went along to this to see some of the old Stenny boys playing for Spartans - Iain Thomson, Kevin "The Soccer Special" Motion, Errol Douglas and Eddie Malone (and Paul-Jon Sludden too, but he's shite so who cares). I think Uncle Psychosis sums it up pretty well - the early goal really seemed to knock the wind out of Spartans' sails but after about 20 minutes it settled down in a pretty dire game. Other than Berwick's Ross Gray, no-one seemed prepared to do anything with the ball other than howk it up the park.

Spartans were probably the better side in the second half and things started to go their way after Douglas came on. I couldn't see them scoring but it was a pretty well-taken goal from Ally McKinnon.

I've no idea why the Spartans website was saying the atmosphere was "electric" - other than the kids in the stand and the lads on the drums, there were times you could hear a pin drop. I suppose there were a few fair-weather fans there but at least be honest.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something quite self-righteous about Spartans. The Twitter feed is beyond annoying for a start, but there's some quite insidious about them as an organisation.

I was one of them. I never heard GSTQ I did hear " stick your twelfth man and berwick till I die tho. Maybe you misheard? I think you'll find the spartans boys gave as good as they got. Our " f**k off Scorland. We all voted yes" was met with stamping on our English flags and being called English b*****ds. Like I say. Gave as good as they got

Alright big man .

Archived