Spartans v Berwick

Yellow Feet

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the season feeling like a slowly-unfolding car crash to date, I'm relatively relaxed about this one. We have some very good players, and when we're good, we're usually very good. Our big problem is one of inconsistency. And carrying too many passengers. And a lack of pace. And playing key players out of position. And actually not being very good. After a hasty review of my initial mental state, I'm shiting myself.

Should be around 300 Berwick supporters at the game, though some may end up waylaid in Edinburgh's fine drinking emporiums. We'l only know whether that's a result judgement at 4.45.

Forecast: 2-1 to the black & gold.

I keep reading round our way be the 12th man, not sure who that will be on Saturday but last week it was Kevin "Loco' Motion. Now a fine fellow that he is, surely we can't have 500 of him?

I would assume that there'll also be a good contingent of the support Neutral & the Whitehill gang will no doubt be buzzing round like bees.

Grimbo

It's a £3g pitch? We seem to have played our best footy on the ungrown surface, or am I grasping at plastic straws?

Record this season W2 D2 L4;

Date Opponent Result

25.07.2014 Queen's Park D1-1

30.08.2014 Clyde D3-3

13.09.2014 Annan Athletic L0-2

27.09.2014 Queen's Park L0-2

08.11.2014 East Stirlingshire W2-0

02.12.2014 Montrose L1-2

10.01.2015 Clyde W3-0

24.01.2015 Annan Athletic L2-4

With Fairbairn available I'd go

Bald

Jacobs Young Fairbairn Drummond

Gray Notman Currie Gold Lavery

Henderson

But to be honest, it doesn't really matter. So many of the side have such unpredictable form it doesn't matter who he picks.

All these Spartans fans queuing-up to say "the pressure is all on Berwick" has echoes of the old 'the lady doth protest too much', tbh...

I think there is a actually good deal of pressure on Spartans too, tbh: caused by their cup giantkilling reputation and previous exploits, and the opportunity to make a bit of history. One only has to look around P&B or on social media to see that a lot of people have an anticipation - some cases even a fullblown expectation - of them winning. Them being at home adds to it. Were the tie down at Shielfield then I think it would be a more regular situation. Altogether, it's finely balanced, IMO.

In terms of league form, Berwick has been in patchy form but right in the fight for 4th and a playoff place; but Spartans had taken 2pts from 15 before last weekend and are 12pts off their playoff having played 3 game more than the leaders. Yet it's a potentially "once-in-a-generation" QF opportunity for both teams. I think it will be a close game and hope it's a great game. At this point I'd be happy with a draw and taking it back to Shielfield for a replay.

Huge game for us and Cameron.

I just can't see us coming away with a win. I'd take a replay.

2 and a half to one is too big a price to ignore and would ease the pain by paying for my day out on Saturday.

All aboard the early train!!

Huge game for us and Cameron.

I just can't see us coming away with a win. I'd take a replay.

2 and a half to one is too big a price to ignore and would ease the pain by paying for my day out on Saturday.

All aboard the early train!!

No last minute trip to Nigeria this week Shaft?

Archived