Spartans v Berwick

Yellow Feet

Penny Black shut down a few years ago. For an early pint the Pheonix on Broughton St should be open at 9am and you can get a number 27 to Ainslie Park from there. Good to see the games a saturday KO.

Billy you are getting your buses mixed up mate, it's the 8 that goes from Broughton St. which still goes to AP but drops you off down the bottom of Pilton Drive, so have to walk up. If the 27 is easier then it's a short walk over to Dundas St about 5 minutes dependent upon pints consumed. That'll drop of at Morrisons on Ferry Rd & then it's a wee walk up Pilton Dr, whatever bus make sure it's one that's heading away from town like.

Our bar will only be open to season ticket holders & uncle Fester no doubt, saw him at ours on Saturday btw, top bloke & it'll be weird watching Deano play against us, smashing lad. I still see the family often has I walk past theirs to take my dog to shit in the park.

Anyone need any further local info just give us a shout?

Grimbo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy you are getting your buses mixed up mate, it's the 8 that goes from Broughton St. which still goes to AP but drops you off down the bottom of Pilton Drive, so have to walk up. If the 27 is easier then it's a short walk over to Dundas St about 5 minutes dependent upon pints consumed. That'll drop of at Morrisons on Ferry Rd & then it's a wee walk up Pilton Dr, whatever bus make sure it's one that's heading away from town like.

Our bar will only be open to season ticket holders & uncle Fester no doubt, saw him at ours on Saturday btw, top bloke & it'll be weird watching Deano play against us, smashing lad. I still see the family often has I walk past theirs to take my dog to shit in the park.

Anyone need any further local info just give us a shout?

Grimbo

Cheers guys. Bus number 8 sounds like it'll do the job after a session in the Broughton St. Cask & Barrel.

Thinking about the possibility of the weather intervening, and i should know this having been up pre-season, but AP is a 3G surface, isn't it?

Cheers guys. Bus number 8 sounds like it'll do the job after a session in the Broughton St. Cask & Barrel.

Thinking about the possibility of the weather intervening, and i should know this having been up pre-season, but AP is a 3G surface, isn't it?

The Cask what an excellent choice sir, I'm oft found in that very place but not often on a Saturday. The 8 stop is diagonally across the roundabout.

Oh aye we've a state of the art 3G pitch.

Grimbo

The Cask what an excellent choice sir, I'm oft found in that very place but not often on a Saturday. The 8 stop is diagonally across the roundabout.

Oh aye we've a state of the art 3G pitch.

Grimbo

Thanks Grim. I'd like one of those at Shielfield too, notwithstanding our beautifully kept grass surface.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

George Hunter off to St. Johnstone. One less thing to worry about. Think Dougie Samuel was at Broadwood on Saturday. 2nd half performance should have given him something to think about.

25 days and counting.

I doubt Sammy would have played young George from the start of such a big game. He would have been on the bench at best, though yes he'll be a loss that said it'll make the rest of the lads more hungry, so don't put away your worry beads just yet mate :)

A wee piece of trivia the first player ever to score at Aindlie Park was a certain Mr Dean Hoskins. Some left peg on that lad, thankfully that goal was scored when he wore the Spartans shirt. Hopefully he won't be on the scoresheet next time he plays at Ainslie Park?

Grimbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the party on Saturday, all the pressure is on Berwick, we're out to enjoy the day, the wee team vs the wee *gets. Oops predictive text, you know what I meant.

2 SPFL scalps all ready, if we win it's immense if we lose we are the only non-league team to make the 5th round.

Winners.

Grimbo

*gers

Suprised we let Hoskins go, and to Bonnyrigg at that.

Leaves us short of defensive cover with Tulloch not even on the bench again on Saturday, though Euan Bald was. Time to get Ben Miller back. Anyone know whether Fairbairn's red card on Saturday will count him out of the Spartans game?

Still fancy us for this, though Saturday's performance did'nt suggest a team about to party all night in celebration of the manager's contract extension.

Spartans v Berwick with a place in the last 8 is real story of cup football, but the way Scottish football is covered lack of interest will be reason for non selection of the live TV game.

As true as this is, if it's on TV it might defer fans from going to the game which you wouldn't want, despite the windfall of the TV money more than making up for it. Personally, if the game was on TV I probably wouldn't bother watching it, though I'm heading along on Saturday with my mate who's a Berwick fan.

Suprised we let Hoskins go, and to Bonnyrigg at that.

Leaves us short of defensive cover with Tulloch not even on the bench again on Saturday, though Euan Bald was. Time to get Ben Miller back. Anyone know whether Fairbairn's red card on Saturday will count him out of the Spartans game?

Still fancy us for this, though Saturday's performance did'nt suggest a team about to party all night in celebration of the manager's contract extension.

Some suggestion on Spfl website that Tulloch is suspended this Saturday. Not sure if that applies to league or cup. So could have him Fairbairn or both or none missing.

Cameron played again last night in devpt league. He might just play himself this sat....

Deano scored on Saturday.

Can't believe youse let him go, that said we are all out to party, pressure still on berwick to do it, our boys have already proved themselves twice.

See youse Saturday, don't forget the diversion.

Grimbo

Deano scored on Saturday.

Can't believe youse let him go, that said we are all out to party, pressure still on berwick to do it, our boys have already proved themselves twice.

See youse Saturday, don't forget the diversion.

Grimbo

He was shite to be fair.

Fairbairn is suspended for league games only. Heard that on Saturday but he confirmed it last night when I spoke to him.

Not buying this thing about us being the only team under pressure. The opportunity for a last 8 place and a money spinner against a big team is huge.

Can't wait! :D

Well it don't matter what our result is, whereas youse are under pressure to not lose against us, there must be some compensation for getting this far & I would expect there'll be a similar number of fans to what we got at the Morton game?

Buzzing about Saturday already. In proper party mode..

Grimbo

Archived