Referee & Assistants appointments

MUSSEYBOY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, kept quiet on this until now.

Firstly there were no officials appointed to this match why anyone would think the ref would be offered them and say "I dont need them" needs there head examined. Maybe its a case of a game at this level doesnt need them to go ahead would have been the message?? I have witnessed a few games this season at Bonnyrigg without appointed Ar`s and the game went ahead fine.

What disappoints me is the ref cant ask the ad hoc AR`s to give offsides they are only to flag for when ball goes out so what happened after the Bonnyrigg goal wasnt the person in question acting as a AR he was acting as an arse more like. Goal is given AR goes ballistic shouting and swearing at ref and he is sent off,what is wrong with this???Any official or player would have had the same treatment. Here is where it gets interesting imo, the man who is doing the "protesting" I believe is their Secretary who is also I high ranking official in SJFA. If that is the case I am disgusted at his behaviour and the the profanity from his mouth towards an official from someone in his position is a disgrace.

Whether it was on/off (fwiw it was no different to Broxburn goal so could have gone either way) is irrelevant the manner in which the protest was conducted is my issue. The game struggles to get officials and when you have got senior SJFA people berating official openly then how the fvck is the game to attract more refs etc?? Lets be honest their job is hard enough and without them we dont have a game.

As Hissy said in paper the players and managers make more mistakes every game. We as fans might get a bit wound up but the over the top headlines on this "ref send of linesman" is misrespresenting the true facts. I would go with "top SJFA official disgustingly abuses official over marginal call" Now who is the victim?

You cant train officials and give the responsibility of overseeing game then destroy them for calling a game as they see it. This is another example of how dinosaurs are taking our game backwards.

I seriously hope there are repocussions on this, not for the ref but for the official involved. The issue of whether it was on or off is insignificant marginal calls go either was, thats football, I was shouting for

offside at their goal.

Great post mate. I agree with you in every aspect.

I've been to 3/4 games this season when work allows it and 2 of the games had a linesman who looked barely out of school. The abuse these young lads took was disgraceful and no matter how much they remained stone faced, you could tell it was affecting them. Now imagine they get contacted this coming weekend to be linesmen, in this weather, to get abuse for 90 minutes, for £20. Would you say yes? I know what my answer would be!

rant over

I am I right in saying the club official in question is on the discipline committee as well.

yip what a shining example he is to all the players ..maybe a good acquisition for one off broxburns local SUPERLEAGUE rivals ,certainly has the rite attitude regarding discipline :-)

His report was player 5 offence 1, therefore, report void, when was last time your no.1 wore no.5. Was at the game myself was an ordering off but ref was way off with some of his decisions, just a bad day at the office for him.????

Ah ok I see now. Ah well everyone has bad days. He just needs to get on with it next time out.

Why is it the east/Edinburgh struggle so badly for assistant referees compared to the west/Glasgow?

It's a numbers game and all grades of football need covered.

There are definitely fewer assistant referees in the East. Why that is, who knows.

In the North each weekend there are usually enough officials for 9 Highland League, plus (according to another thread here) 7 North Junior Superleague games... In the West there are usually enough for 6 Junior SuperPremier, 7 Junior SuperFirst, a few junior district league games, plus say 2 or 3 Lowland games and the odd SOS League... but in the East there are never more than 8 in the East Junior Superleague and 4 or 5 in the Lowland, and on occasion not even enough to fully cover the East Superleague.

Archived