Bit of a trainer fiend.

Got Adidas Tobaccos Maroon, Red and white hamburgs (suede) Marathon 84s in navy, black and white gazelles OG are the favourites.

Favourite pair I've had are these though

25622.jpg

Belter of a trainer, will be getting bought again soon.

I've never owned a pair of Samba in my life, but f**k it Rob, I'm getting those dark blue ones now that I'm looking at them.

I have a few pairs of Spezials and they are all excellent quality. It depends on the year and where they're made.

There was an issue last year with a run of tobacco re-issues. The machines in the factory (in Indonesia) needed recalibrated, but adidas insisted the run was finished in time. Consequently the soles don't line up with the uppers properly and they are fucked.

attachicon.giffucked-tobacco.jpg

See above: the front sole of the right shoe. :unsure:

I've got a pair like that, but in light brown. They're pretty cool and I can't say the sole is noticeably fucked. The suede is pretty "hairy" so I'm keeping 'em under wraps until the weather gets better. One of my favourite pairs ever were a pair of tan suede Spring Court G2. They looked cool as f**k but I wore them out in the rain once and one of them got fucked when I stood in a muddy puddle. I managed to clean the mud off but the suede changed colour slightly and it didn't match the other one. :(

I quite like New Balance but haven't had a pair for a few years. Too many teenagers wearing them these days. I've a got a grey pair of Saucony Jazz. Really well made, really comfortable and not quite as ubiquitous as NB.

I don't think I've ever felt more detached from P&B than I do by reading this thread.

I cared a wee bit about trainers until I was 17 and left for Uni - and then lost interest really.

For the last few years I've become a solid Reebok Classics man. Currently these:

post-43879-0-11845300-1418243881_thumb.j

Comfortable as f**k and cheap at half the price. Job done.

Not a fan of huaraches nowadays, the black ones would be the only ones I would consider wearing for something like running as they're really comfy.

Only other nike shoes I have are a pair of Jordan 3s that I've never worn. Looking to maybe punt them on eBay.

I've never owned a pair of Samba in my life, but f**k it Rob, I'm getting those dark blue ones now that I'm looking at them.

Those are Samba Super, not 'proper' Samba. But they're still ace. I have that very pair.

Getting a lot of wear out of these after getting them and not liking them... Lost the squeak, thank fck.

I've got a pair of gazelles that I got last summer and they still squeak like f**k, so fucking annoying considering I wear them all the time :(

I've got a pair like that, but in light brown. They're pretty cool and I can't say the sole is noticeably fucked. The suede is pretty "hairy" so I'm keeping 'em under wraps until the weather gets better. One of my favourite pairs ever were a pair of tan suede Spring Court G2. They looked cool as f**k but I wore them out in the rain once and one of them got fucked when I stood in a muddy puddle. I managed to clean the mud off but the suede changed colour slightly and it didn't match the other one. :(

I quite like New Balance but haven't had a pair for a few years. Too many teenagers wearing them these days. I've a got a grey pair of Saucony Jazz. Really well made, really comfortable and not quite as ubiquitous as NB.

You can buy various kinds of protector that will keep moisture off your trainers. Crep Protect is one, get for about £9 on ebay and will completely cover two pairs.

You Tube will show you clips of folk spraying Crep Protect (and other brands) on their shoes, running them under the tap and the water just skiting off. Remarkable!

Crep Protect is total shite. £10 a can and you need to use about half a can to get any decent result and then you need to reapply it every single time you wear them or it doesn't work, despite what it says on the tin. Get yourself some Fabsil, it's £5 from Screwfix and far better.