ng4l5f.jpg

Hi-Tec Silver Shadow - The Daddy of shit trainers

Decent looking but woeful trainers. The joys of cross country running and then having to clean them with a toothbrush for a kit muster will always be my memory of the silver shadows. A nightmare to keep clean.

My Collection

2x Adidas Spezials-- My Favs (1 Red and Other Grey)

2x Adidas Beckenbauer(1 All white. Other White/Blue)

2xAdidas Dragons (1 Grey and other Brown/Red)

Adidas blue and Gold SL80 (Person on ebay selling for 150 latest bid recently)

Adidas Black and Gold Milanos

Adidas Blue Samoas

Adidas Grey SL72

Adidas Gazelle II Light Blue with Navy stripes

Adidas Red n White ZX Racers

Brown New Balance 373-Most Comfy

*Just Sold Pair o Adidas Country Os

Green n White

Edited by shawfield shed boy

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336112.968643.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336166.373133.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadeByPie & Bovril1418336236.932720.jpg

Was going to get one of these pairs around Christmas but couldn't make my mind up. What's everyone's thoughts?

Red and black spezials

I had the boot version of those Troops. Had a fuckin medal buckled on the front of each boot.

Wore them with a pair of black Joe Bloggs jeans covered in white stitching and a red denim jacket or green Chippie jacket. Loved a Benzini top too.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336112.968643.jpg

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336166.373133.jpg

ImageUploadeByPie & Bovril1418336236.932720.jpg

Was going to get one of these pairs around Christmas but couldn't make my mind up. What's everyone's thoughts?

Please don't buy the Spezials. They are fckin shit. What a boring shoe. Shitty gum sole, crap T bar on the toe. Na, I'm out.

Get the Trimm Star.

Eta, if you are a size 9... Get these!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261697562487

Edited by dave.j

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336112.968643.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1418336166.373133.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadeByPie & Bovril1418336236.932720.jpg

They're all good but you have little or no chance of getting any of them as they're all rare as hen's teeth now unless you are prepared to pay stupid money.

Haven't seen the Spezials anywhere in that colourway (London) for a while, the green Trimm Star you get on ebay from time to time depending on your size but you'll pay £100 and the Stockholms re-issue are not the best quality and expect to pay £140 on e-bay.

Dave is spot on, you can get a superb looking pair of adidas (Rekord, for example) that most folk won't have heard of for half the price of the Stockholms everyone is wearing just now.

I had the boot version of those Troops. Had a fuckin medal buckled on the front of each boot.

Wore them with a pair of black Joe Bloggs jeans covered in white stitching and a red denim jacket or green Chippie jacket. Loved a Benzini top too.

Benzini! What a blast from the past. I may be straying off topic here but that has me reminiscing about lost labels from the late '80s, early '90s. I'm thinking of Soviet, Ton-Sur-ton, Sonneti etc. Kleim trackies were considered cool for a while as well...

80,S%20KLEIM%20HOODIE.JPG

A mate of mine spent most of the early '90s wearing black jeans, a black John Richmond Destroy jacket, black Caterpillar shoes and gleaming white Hi-Tec sports socks. :lol:

My memory may be deceiving me, but I seem to recall that pretty much every teenage bird in Montrose back then cut around in one of these...

8620791909_c716473c0c_z.jpg

They're all good but you have little or no chance of getting any of them as they're all rare as hen's teeth now unless you are prepared to pay stupid money.

Haven't seen the Spezials anywhere in that colourway (London) for a while, the green Trimm Star you get on ebay from time to time depending on your size but you'll pay £100 and the Stockholms re-issue are not the best quality and expect to pay £140 on e-bay.

Dave is spot on, you can get a superb looking pair of adidas (Rekord, for example) that most folk won't have heard of for half the price of the Stockholms everyone is wearing just now.

Spezials are in Scott's and the other two are on eBay albeit for stupid money. Definitely getting the Spezials and the Rekords just seem a tad boring imo. Probably just going to leave the Stockholms but I'm really liking the Trimm - Stars so I'm probably just going to pick them up or, as you say, get another that you don't see everyone and their dog wearing.

Benzini! What a blast from the past. I may be straying off topic here but that has me reminiscing about lost labels from the late '80s, early '90s. I'm thinking of Soviet, Ton-Sur-ton, Sonneti etc. Kleim trackies were considered cool for a while as well...

A mate of mine spent most of the early '90s wearing black jeans, a black John Richmond Destroy jacket, black Caterpillar shoes and gleaming white Hi-Tec sports socks. :lol:

My memory may be deceiving me, but I seem to recall that pretty much every teenage bird in Montrose back then cut around in one of these...

Benzini, Naf Naf, Eclipse and Moschino all had some cool stuff in the 90s. I loved MA2 bomber jackets. And coloured jeans, like white, cream or green. Maybe with a backwards Kangol bunnet.

ETA: I remember padded Timberland tartan jackets, Cat boots and Kickers all being pretty big as well. Seeing a lot of the yoof now wearing Kickers and Pod so I guess they're back again now.

ETA (again): United Colours of Benetton and colour changing tees and stuff from the Sweater Shop as well.

Right, I'm stopping now as I'm even boring myself with my reminiscing.

Edited by Sweet Pete

I had a pair of those Silver Shadows as a kid, shameful stuff :(

Comfiest trainers I ever owned were a pair of Nike Air Tuned Siroccos back in late 90s I think.

These days I have a couple of pairs of navy sambas that are falling apart. A pair of Adidas Zx something or other that are about two year old and a pair of Nikes that my dad bought me that I have never worn as they are horrible.

My current footwear of choice for the winter is actually a hillwalking trainer/boot type thing that I got from Millets. Not cool at all but comfy and durable against the elements. I think that's a sign of being old :(

Fucking hell, there's a blast from the past. I used to have that very Kleim top and think I was the absolute bollocks. I was of course.

Benzini, Naf Naf, Eclipse and Moschino all had some cool stuff in the 90s. I loved MA2 bomber jackets. And coloured jeans, like white, cream or green. Maybe with a backwards Kangol bunnet.

ETA: I remember padded Timberland tartan jackets, Cat boots and Kickers all being pretty big as well. Seeing a lot of the yoof now wearing Kickers and Pod so I guess they're back again now.

ETA (again): United Colours of Benetton and colour changing tees and stuff from the Sweater Shop as well.

Right, I'm stopping now as I'm even boring myself with my reminiscing.

You sure Benzini were ever considered cool? Maybe it's because our rival gang used to cut about in red-arsed Benzini jeans that we considered them the clothing of stanks.

Soviet still do t-shirts mkst of them are like the t-shirts with girls on them

Was actually looking for a Kleim on Ebay not so long ago. Seen a lot of Ellesse trackys that are similar but the brand has been bought by a 3rd party like Tacchini a while back and all the new stuff produced is pretty shite quality.

Saw a boy in the gym with a pair of Travel Fox this morning. Id wear a pair of those again.