Queens v Rangers

My, my that was enjoyable. Queens were fantastic from the first whistle. I'd be happy to see Durnan and Reilly at Accies but I think they are destined for bigger cubs. Tom English made the good point about a youthful side v an old side. That side needs gutted. Pity they don't have a pot to piss in, really.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This, a fraction of the budget but completed "The Journey" despite being challenged by a top tier quality side in the First Division. I'd be astounded if Rangers matched their feats now.

Gretna also reached a Scottish Cup final during their ascent. That's not looking particularly likely for Rangers.

Anyway, I was out tonight, so missed all the fun on here. How's thePundit doing? Has he had to alter his logarithms? How did No8 manage to blame the ref?

To be fair, he said earlier on he was sure it should have been a red card. edit: for Rangers*. I know, man, I could barely believe it either.

No doubt as time goes on, in traditional fashion, it'll warp in his mind and it should have been a Queens player that deserved to be sent off. Or he'll pick and choose a couple of other random incidents and decide they were what decided the game, not McCoist, the Rangers* player that should have been off, or the all-round worthless human beings they have playing for them.

TBF to the guys on the radio they did give Queens a great deal of credit

Good ... the only positive to come out of all the lower league coverage is the fact that we have some good young players and good teams..Despite the focus on why Rangers are not winning ,the rest of us can see teams like Queens are worthy of promotion ..good luck

TBF to the guys on the radio they did give Queens a great deal of credit

Wow, that was something special, I wish I could have made it down but because of Uni deadlines I had to make do with watching Queens live on TV for the first time ever. It used to something to beat Rangers but the manner of the victory was on another level. It was truly incredible how bad Rangers were, they only really created one half decent chance and the rest was set pieces. The only player I thought looked competent was Nicky Law the rest looked like they'd rather be anywhere else than Palmerston. I was thinking surely they'd start looking more dangerous but they just didn't look good whatsoever.

But we deserve some credit and we've been doing it all year so it makes a pleasant change from freezing as soon as the cameras arrived. Mark Kerr when given time and space is a class above and if Baird could finish it could have been a lot more. This was a team that has played together for years, have got a great chemistry despite relegation and financial turmoil. Holty has all the attributes to be a really good player and his improvement has been excellent year on year.. It's a shame Hearts are in this league because we have a special squad right now and hopefully it can create a few more nights like tonight this season hopefully before the vultures come in.

This

Great result and an even better performance.

The defence coped comfortably with what little Rangers had to offer. Kerr and McShane bossed the midfield - cant believe some fans dont rate Kerr. The front four cause havock among the Ranger defence and could easily have scored more. A far, far more comfortable win than I think anyone expected. Partly down to how well Queens played and partly down to how bad Rangers were. Hoofball tactics from the word go, no creativity, no organisation and no plan B. Very poor.

McGregor should have been sent off for the handball. The ball was dropping to Bairds feet inside the area. If thats not a goal scoring opportunity I dont know what is. He was then incredibly lucky when he shoved Russell over off the ball. Quite how Black wasnt booked is also a mystery

Anyway, I was out tonight, so missed all the fun on here. How's thePundit doing? Has he had to alter his logarithms? How did No8 manage to blame the ref?

Congrats, lads. Cracking result and achieved, by all (non-rangers) accounts by paying to a good standard of fotball. Now let's hope you kick on, grab runners-up, and we'll see you in the top league next season. :thumsup2

We miss Kerr when he's not in the side. Im with cammy, the alternatives dont fill me with a great deal of confidence, particularly in a big game like this.

Kerr does a lot of work that seems to go unnoticed. The focus is always on his mistakes

He was great tonight. Think last week he was shite because he had the likes of Pallardo and Buaben closing him down at every opportunity, not allowing him time on the ball.

He was awarded loads of space tonight by the Rangers midfield and that's when he shines. Very influential on proceedings when he has time.

How big did the club get at its peak? Obviously, I didn't get to join this time, but I'm guessing it never reached 411 or 478 proportions. It looked a pretty routine victory after all.

I got back about ten, and it was nowhere near. Maybe because there's just so many threads covering the different facets of their embarrassment at the moment?

We won that comfortably without really putting in more than a run of the mill performance for us. It says a lot about where we are as a club just now.

The goals were both a bit special but the victory was built on the same basis as all the others this season (that's us still only conceded 4 at home in the league. A penalty to Livi and 3 to an exceptional Hearts side).

The back four were untroubled and dominated throughout. Kerr and McShane controlled the middle of the park, which they do against everyone (except Prince Bauben), and our front four caused problems with their pace, skill and workrate.

It's nice we're finally getting recognition (BT were full of praise) but this is the sort of performances we've been putting in since Allan Johnston fixed Gus Macpherson's mess. Thankfully the day he left was the day we stopped playing hoofball. That's all The Rangers offered tonight.

It's embarrassing that that is the best McCoist can come up with for the money spent. Raith play a similar way with Nade and he is far more effective than Daly/Boyd.

Not that I relish any victory for their odious club, but can you imagine what Celtic are going to do to this Rangers side in the cup?! :lol:

Lose, most likely. It's the cup and both sides believe the hype.

We won that comfortably without really putting in more than a run of the mill performance for us. It says a lot about where we are as a club just now.

The goals were both a bit special but the victory was built on the same basis as all the others this season (that's us still only conceded 4 at home in the league. A penalty to Livi and 3 to an exceptional Hearts side).

The back four were untroubled and dominated throughout. Kerr and McShane controlled the middle of the park, which they do against everyone (except Prince Bauben), and our front four caused problems with their pace, skill and workrate.

It's nice we're finally getting recognition (BT were full of praise) but this is the sort of performances we've been putting in since Allan Johnston fixed Gus Macpherson's mess. Thankfully the day he left was the day we stopped playing hoofball. That's all The Rangers offered tonight.

It's embarrassing that that is the best McCoist can come up with for the money spent. Raith play a similar way with Nade and he is far more effective than Daly/Boyd.

This.

As well as only conceded 4 at home, we've also won 6 out of 8 games. The other two, that disappointing draw with Livy early on and the defeat to Hearts.

Archived