Sons v Rovers

No he's not, he's stating that Conroy steps up his performance against his hometown team. That has nothing to do with the manager's tactics. I sometimes wonder if you can even read.

Eh? Altering the team according to the opposition isn't a tactic?

:lol:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conroy is a Dumbarton lad and usually raises his game when playing against us, especially when we're at home. Don't know if that was a factor...

He wouldn't need to do much to manage that. He does nothing other than take set pieces. Absolute waste of space.

Conroy was actually decent today, if McKeown got his finger out they could just about be an off par Booth and Cardle.

Maybe being dropped has given him a kick up the behind. McKeown is beyond redemption though. I'm praying we can get Booth back eventually.

Bit of a dour game, Rovers had plenty of possession & time on the ball, but no real cutting edge.

Some strike by Agnew, long overdue one of those the wee man. Losing Gilhaney's excellent work rate when he limped off was clear to see, wish Kirkpatrick a speedy recovery, he looked good v Alloa last week.

Should be a good game v Falkirk next week, both sides in form.

N.B.

Felt the Bovril wasn't as hot as it could have been today, given the climatic conditions.

I believe that there are parallels in the Scottish game.

Coisty would cost £400,000 (no idea how he's worth a tenth of that), whereas we should easily be able to buy Bert off with the cup telly cash, whatever we're paying him. But like our cup opponents the board wont.

Coisty would cost £400,000 (no idea how he's worth a tenth of that), whereas we should easily be able to buy Bert off with the cup telly cash, whatever we're paying him. But like our cup opponents the board wont.

If this is the case it has nothing to do with our circumstances.

As an aside, how do you know it would cost £400K to pay off Fat Sally?

You tell me what it has to do with our circumstances, you made the comparison, not me:

if by "I believe that there are parallels in the Scottish game" is not refering to the simliar situation at Ibrox tell me what you're on about.

This is a valid point I never actually thought off, if McCoist is on a reported £800K P/Y and its costing £400K to give him the punt, surely we have to be mid 5 figures for our lot, when we will probably make mid 6 figures this season in revenue, I'm actually now kind of baffled as to how money seems to be a reported issue !

As an aside, how do you know it would cost £400K to pay off Fat Sally?

Paper talk right enough, but both BBC & SS reported he wanted the remainder of his contract paid off in full, which for the last half of the season would amount to about £400K of his £800K P/Y deal :P !

Really? I always thought we were winning that too, even when 1-0 down.

Clearly you were right and I was wrong, so fair play, but interesting that we saw it so differently.

Aye, genuinely had no fear of us losing that. McKay was your most dangerous player (along with Stewart) yet your team seemed to completely avoid giving him the ball. Had he been allowed to see more of the ball I might not have been so confident.

It really is baffling that Grant Murray never made a sub yesterday.

Archived