Challenge Cup Final - Alloa Athletic v Livingston

BFTD

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh venues are way too big.

Forthbank, falkirk or east end are the obvious ones.

Stirling and falkirk are at home that weekend, obviously doesn't matter as much at falkirk due to the 3g but its possible the spfl want the ground early.

We are away to peterhead and eep is probably the easiest to segregate.

Edit- stirling may be a little small.

Maybe I am being biased here, yet if the decision was based on simply the best stadium, EEP would get the nod out of the two.

However, I reckon Falkirk’s stadium will get the nod for two reasons…

1) Even though there's not much difference in terms of travelling times for fans, Alloa's journey is 8 mins and Livingston’s 2 mins longer to EEP than it is to Falkirk.

2) Falkirk's stadium has a smaller capacity that will comfortably be enough to host the game and will make the occasion look better on TV.

EEP would still be too large a stadium for this tie. I'm not even sure our 8000 capacity would be close to full either. But is Probobly logistically the best for both teams and can be split 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

What are we looking at here from both teams in terms of numbers?

Has Alloa been in a cup final before?

This will be our third Challenge Cup final. Beat ICT on pens after 4-4 draw in 1999 and lost 2-1 to Airdrie in 2001.

I would make a guess at between 2000 and 3000 for the Alloa support. I'd agree that EEP would be too big for the attendance Alloa and Livi will bring.

What about New Douglas park ? Would be more than big enough. You'll be lucky if Livi bring 2000 I think.

Looking forward to it though, two smaller teams, should be a real family friendly occasion, that is if they make the effort to make it reasonably priced.

I suppose Broadwood could be an option as well, but you'd think it'll be EEP or The Falkirk Stadium. If that's the case and the prices are reasonable, it's a game I might take in as a neutral. Hopefully a good open game will be in store.

If Livi were to go out the game before the 5th of April, would Alloa be awarded the trophy or would they let Stranraer play?

I can just imagine the suits in Hampden trying to wrangle The rangers back into it... <_<

Aye, they'd probably institute a Rangers-Stranraer playoff :lol:!!

Rulebook says any club "failing to fulfil its fixture obligations ... shall be liable to be disqualified".

However, as with any rulebook the Board has the power to amend or over-ride, and you'd imagine there would be pressure to have a Final.

Archived