Partick Thistle v Inverness Caley Thistle

davidspivey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man we've been fucking garbage. No fight and no clue. Defending has been awful with plenty of mistakes thrown in, we're lumping balls forward to wee Lawless. Get Taylor and Doolan on and make a go of this. Someone needs to tell them this is the cup.

Inverness did to us what we did to them earlier in the season. Pushed high up and gave us no time on the ball which forced us to hoof it. Horrific time wasters though. Taylor should have started in hindsight, love having the big guy back. Better performance from us 2nd half but Inverness deserved the win. We really need a settled starting 11, injuries and illness have gotten better so hopefully that happens soon

Ah well, that's the no consecutive results unpleasantness behind us.

We can relish a beating off the jungles over the coming days :(

Well done to ICT, hope you get a favorable draw in the next round.

That first half was so, so poor from us. No complaints to go out based on that first half performance alone.

The dallying on the ball in the lead up to their second was farcical.

Taylor showing exactly why we need him to be playing as much as physically possible - he's strong, and he's got a good shot on him = he outmuscled their defender, and he smashed it in to pull us back out of nowhere.

Seabourne screaming at the linesman to "do his fucking job" was entertaining. Higgy's petulance in booting the ball away not so much - a pointless heads gone moment that sums him up at the minute. Need to get him happy again somehow, since he's clearly not the type of player that plays better when he's agitated or pissed off.

Was a little bemused to see Derek Adams sat near me - presumably he stays near Firhill and was wanting to take in a game, or friends with one or more of the players/staff?

Inverness did to us what we did to them earlier in the season. Pushed high up and gave us no time on the ball which forced us to hoof it.

Pretty much this. Hughes got it right tactically in the first half, with Draper in particular on top of every 50-50. Some great through balls from Nick Ross too, with Marley Watkins dong a pretty good job of playing off the shoulders of the defenders. If his finishing had been a little better then, as has been mentioned above, we could have been four clear at the break.

We struggled badly in the second half though. Vincent and Williams looked tired and off the pace and it felt like we were hanging on after the goal went in. It looked like Taylor got free far too easily from a fairly meat-and-drink lofted ball for the Partick goal, but I might be doing him him a disservice - I'd need to see it again. I'm also looking forward to seeing Tansey's goal again: at the time it seemed Maradona-esque, but no doubt the replay will make him look like a lucky drunk with a club foot.

Not even with hindsight - he should've started. We all wanted it before a ball was kicked. Big error going with Stevenson up front again.

Silver lining is that he's pretty much a dead cert to start in our next few games after his performance.

Loved the celebration for his goal :wub:

Fucking rank in that first half.

Considerably better in the second (although it was difficult not to be).

Comical defending for the 2 goals and we could easily have been 4 down by half past 3.

The tone for the day (for me at least) was set the moment I discovered neither Doolan or Taylor were starting.

With a lucky draw I felt we could've gone close to reaching our first SC final since 1930 this season but alas, no.

Gutted.

Silver lining is that he's pretty much a dead cert to start in our next few games after his performance.

Loved the celebration for his goal :wub:

What he do, what he do?

Cheers. f**k knows why he ran over to those miserable chunts? The team are lucky to get a half-hearted clap aside from scoring a goal from that area of the ground. He should have swan dived up to the Northy 8)

Archived