davidspivey

Given Hibs won't let us play Booth I'm guessing we will line-up:

Gallagher

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Bannigan

Osman Fraser

Lawless Stevenson Higginbotham

Taylor

Subs: Fox, Balatoni, Finnie/Richards-Everton, Craigan, McDaid, Elliott, Doolan

Can't make this as I'm through in St Andrews this weekend. Fingers crossed we can knock a few past them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working tomorrow so hoping for a win as I've got a ticket for the Celtic game midweek.

Worst case scenario draw tomorrow then a midweek defeat on penalties :(

Given Hibs won't let us play Booth I'm guessing we will line-up:

Gallagher

O'Donnell Frans Seaborne Bannigan

Osman Fraser

Lawless Stevenson Higginbotham

Taylor

Subs: Fox, Balatoni, Finnie/Richards-Everton, Craigan, McDaid, Elliott, Doolan

Can't make this as I'm through in St Andrews this weekend. Fingers crossed we can knock a few past them.

Think Elliott will play LB, he did ahead of Bannigan at Killie. Stevenson is doubtful according to our own website but not mentioned in any of the media, although the media haven't picked up on Booth being ineligible either.

Swap Bannigan for Fraser and Elliott for Bannigan in your team and I think that's how we'll go if Stevenson is fit.

Dunno whether it's due to the migraines he's been having, but Fraser has been ganting for a wee while now, first half of the United game apart, struggling to think of the last time one of his potshots troubled the goalkeeper. I'd expect Craigen to play if Stevenson isn't fit. I would probably have dropped Higgy for this until Taylor signed.

Thick fog at the moment. Bad omen for us - last game like this I remember was in the 1st in 2009 and we lost 2-1 after going ahead through Ross Tokely. Only silver lining was that we didn't lose again away for 13 months after that. Also have deeply frustrating memories of the 2-2 Cup game in 2002, although remember it being a cracking game. That Paterson goal from the edge of the box...

Our record at Firhill is bad enough, but having been at both league games between the sides this season I'm sorely tempted to nip into Ladbroke's on the way down Maryhill Road and put the house on a Partick win. Any Partick fan at those games would be forgiven for thinking we're the poorest side in the league. The first game we started OK and scored a lovely opener from a really slick move, but when we conceded the equaliser so quickly, we just seemed to freeze and barely got near the ball again. The second was a disaster from off - Partick pressed the ball really well, didn't let us build any sort of rhythm and also used the ball really well in possession. Didn't help that our defence had its biggest off day of the season, but it was four going on six or seven. Just awful. Add too that the fact we've lost McKay and they've got Taylor back, and maybe I'll just stay in bed.

The key to our wins over Inverness is that we've played football and pressed effectively.

If we just lump it up to Lyle we COULD win but it won't be pretty.

Working tomorrow so hoping for a win as I've got a ticket for the Celtic game midweek.

Worst case scenario draw tomorrow then a midweek defeat on penalties :(

Is the replay definitely this coming week if one is necessary?

It's usually the next week again these days.

Is the replay definitely this coming week if one is necessary?

The replay, if one is necessary, will be this coming Tuesday 10th February. This was at Inverness Caledonian Thistle's request, which Partick Thistle were happy to agree with at the time of arranging everything relevant to the cup tie(Prices and so on).

The key to our wins over Inverness is that we've played football and pressed effectively.

If we just lump it up to Lyle we COULD win but it won't be pretty.

Lyle scored against ICT in the March game against them last season. Just a shame he was marginally offside. 60 seconds later ICT went up the park and scored the game's only goal.

Lyle scored against ICT in the March game against them last season. Just a shame he was marginally offside. 60 seconds later ICT went up the park and scored the game's only goal.

Wasn't a dig at Lyle just worried how we go about our business.

Did he also have one disallowed at Tynie?

Wasn't a dig at Lyle just worried how we go about our business.

Did he also have one disallowed at Tynie?

Yup, around 60 seconds before Gary Fraser rifled in his screamer.

I don't expect us to lump it long to Lyle, he can be part of our passing game. What it does offer the option is if ICT play a high line, then I'd imagine he'll have Meekings/Warren for pace.

FUCKING BOOO

What a bizarre move. Stevenson up front never worked, got it going well with him behind Doolan, then signed another decent striker and have now opted back to the gash first option. f**k sake.

Tbf we beat ICT comfortably with Stevo up top, means Banzo and Fraser both in midfield which worked well. Wanted to see Taylor though

This can't be denied but was it not agreed by Caley fans and everyone that they were utterly honking that day?

I get Taylor not starting but Doolan should still be in. Assuming the tactics are fixed he'll get chances.

Archived