Queen of the South vs St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

Excellent performance by Queens and ran out worthy winners.

Disappointed in Saints thought they would offer more.

As to organisation by Queens of crowd absolute shambles.

No segregation and away fans were wandering where they wanted. The two characters who ended up on the terrace were gassed and it was obvious what they were going to do but no one stopped them.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis Kidd was superb today. I am singling him out because he rarely gets credit and is improving .

He really was. I was going to do the same because he's taken a lot of unfair flak. Even today he played wing back, right midfield and then centre midfield and took it in his stride.

As soon as St Johnstone opted for route one bringing the two big guys on I knew it was in the bag. Durnan, Higgins and the superb Dowie will win headers all day long. Holt played a blinder in a big game as per as well.

What did the St Johnstone fans do in the Queens end? I thought our fans were arguing amongst ourselves!

Great win today. The fog was remiscent of the Linlithgow Rose game on our cup final run. Hopefully a sign! Burns had a good second half after being a wee bit too conservative in the first. Once Paton gets a few more games he will be a real asset.

I don't want to take any kind of shine off today but the organisation of the away fans was shambolic. As stated they were wandering freely in the home end and it appeared we ran out of room for them in the stand.

If only we had some sort of wide open vast space suitable for away fans...

By the sounds of things, on WAP and Twitter, Steven MacLean was rested today due to the surface.

Our best player, the one whos absolutely vital to everything we do going forward, the player who drives the entire team forward. Rested while we play McFadden on a surface he's admitted he struggles with.

I really hope its bollocks tbh.

SD intimated that St Johnstone informed the club there would be around 800 fans travelling. Queens did exactly the right thing with that information.

Surprised the club didn't bother to ask the fans, who to a man suggested it would around 1000.

Im not actually surprised by that btw.

There were a lot more than 800 there, which I'm sure 99% of the people were expecting. It was on here, that there were 14 coaches and a few minibuses coming down.

Also, in all seriousness, how the hell are the away clubs going to know how many fans have decided to travel down!

Confirmed from Wright that Macca was rested because 'he cannot play on plastic pitches'. Him and Midge will return for Celtic game.

Sounds mental considering we train on a plastic surface some days of the week.

Also mental considering McFadden flat out refused to sign for anyone with a plastic pitch, and yet is somehow worth risking.

Archived