Scottish Cup Sportscene Watch

Goals on Sunday on Sky. Ben Shephard claims there's no time to show any of yesterday's Scottish Cup goals - then proceeds to speak to Neil McCann at Tynecastle for 5 minutes about how important today's games are to "Rangers" and Celtic.

That's genuinely awful, we pay for that Sky coverage just like the English, imagine they showed the SPL and then said they didn't have time to show the FA cup goals?

I fucking hate the UK, Scotland gets treated pish all over the board, Better Together...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH I couldn't give a sh£t about Scottish Fitba highlights. I rarely watch Sportscene. An hour odd show, 25 minutes worth of highlights, 15 minutes of which are the OF! F£ck that every week. I do enjoy the Scottish Cup highlights though.

What more could they do with a single camera?

An editorial decision is made in advance about where to send proper outside broadcasts to - in this case, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Alloa (as well as Dundee, natch). On paper, Morton should have beaten Spartans by a couple of goals or more; that they didn't isn't the BBC's fault.

My issue isn't with the quality of material - I understand why only 1 camera was deployed - but with the time devoted. Even with that 1 camera, they had plenty other stuff to use from what was an exciting and incident-filled match, which was grabbing the headlines and was undoubtedly 'result-of-the-day'. Despite that they showed 3 goals, 1 red, then quickly moved on. I found that disappointing.

Presumably they didn't show the footage of McCann acting like the jumped up little twat he is at the end of Dunfermline's game at Stranraer either?

:lol:

Thought it was interesting that at the start of the coverage of the Rangers v Kilmarnock game on Sky they showed footage of the goals from Hibs win over Alloa as Alan Stubbs is in the studio but completely swerved any mention of Dunfermline or McCann despite McCann being sat next to him.

The 'tie of the round' last year was turned off by me before 25 minutes as Celtic pumped Hearts 7-0 in a game which was a total non contest. I suspect it will be a comfortable 3-0 or so win again for Celtic this season. Irrespective of the fact that Tynecastle will sell 17,000 fans or not its easy to see that they picked that game for the TV as Celtic has the biggest draw, they have the biggest support in Scotland/UK/Europe and so it makes sense to show it as the viewing figures are guaranteed to be high. The neutrals who are actually Scottish football fans would much rather watch Dundee v Aberdeen however, which is clearly the tie of the round.

Said that at the time. Sky just pick the Rangers/Celtic ties...

Pat Nevin's blethering a lot of shite tonight and he's not yet old enough for his age to be an excuse.

I used to like Nevin, but the more I listen to him the more I really think he talks complete sh£te. The Celtic 'penalty' was never a penalty in a million years yet he did his best to state otherwise! Fud.

Archived