5th round

1320Lichtie

Great tie for Spartans - one they can do.

Hibs should have an easy one against Arbroath but they do have a record of bottling it in the Cup against teams in maroon.

The Rangers getting eased through the rounds an aw. 'Memo from HQ. Keep Sevco in business. Keep Sevco in business...'

Might try going along to the Spartans game if it doesn't clash with any of ours.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to ask this at every cup draw, but when will the TV games be announced?

It's usually a couple of days later, but sometimes they wait for replays to be decided. Although the only replay that could be even remotely relevant is being played tomorrow anyway.

Should be a great Cup tie, both sides will feel they have a good chance of going through. Hope it's a Saturday 3pm affair.

Any Queens fans - are Saints likely to get half the East Stand and the open terrace behind the goal for this?

It'll depend on the expected crowd, as the only league games the terrace has been used were against the 'big 3'. Unless you're expecting to bring over a thousand for this, then I don't imagine it'll be open

We can also decrease the home artificial pitch advantage by regularly practising on our own Stevie May Memorial Superfield and of course Queens will need to play a replacement keeper with us not allowing Zander Clark to play.

You didn't allow him to play on Saturday either. Jim Atkinson is an able enough deputy.

It'll depend on the expected crowd, as the only league games the terrace has been used were against the 'big 3'. Unless you're expecting to bring over a thousand for this, then I don't imagine it'll be open

Yep, if they give us some sort of indication that the away support will be more than 900 odds then we'll open the terrace. If it's less than that I doubt it will be opened.

Putting aside the old club-new club thing...

B3x-zufIYAAow_U.jpg

Cretins. :lol:

The accounts department must be running the twitter feed today.

Fancy we'll be papped out tomorrow but the draw really opening up.

I'd go for ;

Queens

Sevco

Celtc

Hibs

Falkirk

United

Thistle

Spartans

I'd prefer Dunfermilne to Stranraer, hell of a lot closer. Having said that Stranraer would add to the list of stadia that I would have then attended.

Obviously would have preferred a home game but got to think we can win against whoever is triumphant in the replay.

Also, I think Dundee is one of the few teams left in the competition who have a chance of putting out Celtic.

Think back to our Second Division days when we were shite, skint and desperate for an away cup tie with either Celtic or Rangers.

Little has changed as we've still got debt tied up in the lease/mortgage/rent for Stark's Park and we've still got a poor side. We need cash.

Even that almost empty looking ground against Killie had a crowd of 14,000+. Stick in the probable Sky money and it's not to be sniffed at.

Maybe we do need the money but a wee all dayer somewhere like Annan and a decent match would have been an excellent draw and something to look forward too.

Rangers v Raith is one of the worst ties there, if they got 14,000 on Sunday with a healthy Kille support I'd guess they'll be lucky to break 11 or 12 with the 200-300 of our fans that still go to that shithole. So a stadium a fifth full, watching something vaguely similar to when a lion chases a baby zebra. Utter shite.

Having said that I'll be livid if we don't get the TV money from it as it;s literally the only saving grace from the worst possible draw.

Archived