ICTFC v St Mirren - Replay

shull

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading up to this tonight to scout out our opponents in the next round. Taking a Dortmund season ticket holder with me, f**k knows what he's going to make of it all.

No public transport south after 8.12pm is utter shite.

St Mirren will remind him of Dortmund domestically this year. Yellow (away) strip, scrapping about the bottom of the league, giving goals away with kamikaze defending, can't score.

What was the reasoning behind deciding to replay at short notice this midweek, not next? Were they hoping it'd end-up on TV?

Apparently tha SFA had decided prior to the original game that tonight would be when a replay would take place. Crazy, but heyho.

What was the reasoning behind deciding to replay at short notice this midweek, not next? Were they hoping it'd end-up on TV?

Yeah it was announced before the first match. No idea why.

Pretty bizarre really, especially given the distance. Makes it very hard for travelling fans to get time off work and get transport organised. Hence no buses.

Clubs have to agree the arrangements before the first attempt, so it being agreed in advance isn't any indication of something unusual.

Normally a PDF appears on the SFA website in the preceding midweek indicating what happens if each tie is postponed or drawn. Can't find this round's one.

Back to a more typical line-up for us with Tansey and Watkins returning with Christie and Ross on the bench. Thought Christie maybe deserved to start tonight instead of Vincent but I did think he looked completely knackered towards the end of the game.

Apparently Goodwin gave away a needless corner for the first and then the penalty. Rusty after the lay off?

Anyway, I couldn't care less, delighted with this start. Another goal before halftime would do me.

Archived