Are Hearts the most envied club in Scottish football?

The report isn't valid then? And that was nearly 20 years ago.

:blink: No, it isn't valid. The fact that 'report' was aabout 20 years ago and we are still at Tynecastle maybe gives you a wee clue ...

Pieman fabricated much of that as he wanted to make a quick buck by selling the ground to Cala. He was chased out of Hearts for it. The end

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: No, it isn't valid. The fact that 'report' was aabout 20 years ago and we are still at Tynecastle maybe gives you a wee clue ...

Pieman fabricated much of that as he wanted to make a quick buck by selling the ground to Cala. He was chased out of Hearts for it. The end

Em the report includes valid reasons as to why it isn't fit for purpose not to mention lack of corporate facilities, changing rooms of part time standards and the main stand being a death trap with sub standar facilities all round. The stands are also far too steep and no stadia being build these days would be allowed to be built as such.

It was 11 years ago, which shows what a lot of sh*te it was.

As good as, aye. Companies were bumped.

What companies where bumped?

How can you be in just as good as administration? Who was the administrators involved to make sure creditors got a decent deal?

Em the report includes valid reasons as to why it isn't fit for purpose not to mention lack of corporate facilities, changing rooms of part time standards and the main stand being a death trap with sub standar facilities all round. The stands are also far too steep and no stadia being build these days would be allowed to be built as such.

The report is titled 'Murrayfield or bust'.

Now given that was a decade ago, do you think it was valid, Happy Hibee?

What companies where bumped?

How can you be in just as good as administration? Who was the administrators involved to make sure creditors got a decent deal?

You went into temporary receivership, the at the time equivalent of administration, owing around 8m. Farmer bought you and the assets out of it for around 3m.

Who the money was owed to and who got 'bumped' I wouldn't pretend to know other than the bank appointed receivers so I imagine they got their cash back. The folk bumped were probably shareholders in Avon Inns

You went into temporary receivership, the at the time equivalent of administration, owing around 8m. Farmer bought you and the assets out of it for around 3m.

Who the money was owed to and who got 'bumped' I wouldn't pretend to know other than the bank appointed receivers so I imagine they got their cash back. The folk bumped were probably shareholders in Avon Inns

shhhhh

didn't happen. ;)

I can't argue about Tynecastle, it's easily the best Scottish stadium I've visited for atmosphere and just in general.

You're no having the name though! Queen of The South is far nicer, with a story behind the name. Even a Stranraer fan could figure out why you're called Heart of Midlothian. Very simplistic. Not romantic.

;-)

I can't argue about Tynecastle, it's easily the best Scottish stadium I've visited for atmosphere and just in general.

You're no having the name though! Queen of The South is far nicer, with a story behind the name. Even a Stranraer fan could figure out why you're called Heart of Midlothian. Very simplistic. Not romantic.

;-)

Why are we called Heart of Midlothian? Sounds like you don't know.

QoS is a good name as well. What is the story?

Archived