Local Players In You Junior Team

RobRoyGuy

A G postcode doesn't make you part of the city of Glasgow. Inverarnan has a G postcode and that's away north of Loch Lomond, 7 miles from Crianlarich.

ha ha, try telling the people of Campbelltown, Dunoon and Rothesay etc that they're part of Paisley:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been on here in a while....local lads can only be good for the club as it generates interest within the community but the difference for me is that the clubs who pay a decent wage can (and no offence meant here) afford to look down their noses at local talent and attract from elsewhere. If im correct a lower division ayreshire team nearly folded a few yrs back and brought in the local amatuer team to play junior. I dont know how this went with the community. ....more recently a central 2nd div team have more or less done the same and attracted a colourful group of fans....ive been to a couple of their games and although not everyone likes wot they do they are there because of the local lads playing in the team.

I'm a st rochs man and live 100 m from our park as do our manager and several players. Pro and cons of that are when your doing well you get a lot of pats on the back and when your not you meet fans at the shops,pub,park who know how to the job better good and the bad I suppose.

As always, every club has their terracing managers. I have been to a couple of games at the roch and heard all sorts of comments about tactics but one that stands out is that there is only one voice heard from the dugout and its not the managers coz he is too busy having a laff with supporters. Maybe one voice is a good thing, I dunno. I have spoken to a few of ur committee (Frank, John & feggie, think thats his name) who are all hard working guys and spoke highly of the club in general. It seems that local involvement is big at ur club.....

Our gaffer does most of his talking before the game and at half time but if you ask any of our players when he's no happy he ll let them know.fergie and frank not with us now but john still here and yes does a gd job to help keep the club moving.lot going on behind the scenes regarding playing staff and general sort out

Sounds like the club is moving in the right direction. Competing on the park has to be priority and from what ive seen its not that far away. If thats the managers style then good...hope it works. Its a shame though that you have guys on and off the park that are doing there best to take the club forward but will no doubt be held back by a section of the support (colourful as they are) who seem intent on promoting there own agendas....not good for the junior game

Talbot have big Campbell, born and bred here, his dad also wore the black and gold, and we have an incomer to our village who has married into a gid Affleck fam, and has decided to bring his own family up here, Latta.

wit u mean is he met a burd and she told him 2 move 2 Auchinleck. Lol

squad is a bit thin eh? Wit happens if use get a fee injuries?

It is mate but 18 for a Saturday is a great turnout. Injuries, work and holidays are the reason for the stutter in results recently. I assume this is all they can carry. Hopefully a win tomorrow and in to last 16 2 seasons running and get a big team with support at holm park

Archived