Livi Deducted points

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What measures, specifically, should be in place to prevent Livingston's shareholders voluntarily handing over control of their management to muppets like the above? I don't recall Livingston fans actually campaigning against any of these figures joining the club at the time - indeed, the long-standing thread suggests that pretty much the only person to do so, MCL, was once again shouted down. You appear to have done absolutely f**k all either to remove these people from their position, if they were such a terrible blight who need to be kept out of the game entirely.

You'd think by now that Livingston's fanbase would have learnt a degree of basic responsibility for fixing their clown-car setup, but no: an exercise in self-pity and crocodile tears is the template response whenever their club (or indeed any other Scottish football club) makes a rip-roaring c**t of it.

It is a tad unfair to criticise the Livingston fans on this one. After all, it isn't exactly like they had a Supporters Trust person on the board for most of this time is it? And certainly not that said Supporters Trust person (if he/she existed) was meant to have a bit of financial nous?

It is a tad unfair to criticise the Livingston fans on this one. After all, it isn't exactly like they had a Supporters Trust person on the board for most of this time is it? And certainly not that said Supporters Trust person (if he/she existed) was meant to have a bit of financial nous?

Agree.

The dream ticket here would have been to have a Supporters' Trust rep on the board who was also an employee of HMRC.

Twas always going to be difficult to establish a franchise club anywhere in East Scotland with no history or fan base. The building of a great 10,000 stadium with public money did not produce a sustainable business model. Legitimate stewardship of the club has clearly been beyond those in control! Will another 5 point penalty for non reporting of Rankine be sufficient?

Hmm, have to say clubs like your Alloa's, Sons and Cowden's are Scotland's model clubs, we are where we are without having to spend what we don't have.

Clubs like yourself's (once you get back to the top flight) will be back in debt chasing the impossible dream.

Alloa got to where they are by losing around £300k a season moving from the Third Division to the First Divison: money that they didn't have, but was funded directly by their chairman.

Alloa got to where they are by losing around £300k a season moving from the Third Division to the First Divison: money that they didn't have, but was funded directly by their chairman.

Mortons chairman is doing the same but you lot are moving in the opposite direction. Unlucky.

Proof please. You seriously think Mike Mulraney pissed away £600,000 on Alloa over the last few seasons. Mike is a successful businessman but hardly the sort of multi millionaire who throws that amount of money away.

Am sure over the years MM has put a fair amount into the club . No one Will ever know the exact amount . Good reading in last weeks sunday paper about his last few years at the club . Got to mind winning those divs gave us a good income . The Kfc and Lidi deals would be good pay days as well . But one thing for sure he runs a tight ship

We only submit abbreviated accounts so it's pretty hard to get any details of what's actually going on. Looking at the last set of accounts we submitted (May 2013) we lost around £30,000 while reducing our debt by around £150,000.

Which would suggest that if Mike Mulraney is bankrolling the club it isn't being done by way of director's loans. Obviously he could be using another vehicle to put funding into the club.

We only submit abbreviated accounts so it's pretty hard to get any details of what's actually going on. Looking at the last set of accounts we submitted (May 2013) we lost around £30,000 while reducing our debt by around £150,000.

Which would suggest that if Mike Mulraney is bankrolling the club it isn't being done by way of director's loans. Obviously he could be using another vehicle to put funding into the club.

It would certainly be interesting to see VikingTon's figures. I don't doubt that the chairman has put his own money in but those figures are hard to believe given there was a fair bit of cash coming into the club over those two years as well. We would need to have been paying quite incredible part-time wages to lose £600,000 over two seasons :o .

Mulraney has always been pretty clear too that he doesn't see bankrolling the club as a viable option and most of the ground improvements for example came from external funding that he managed to bring into the club.

The OS has a statement up about them working with HMRC to see just how much tax Livi owe, the wording suggests more than one person has had their fingers in the cookie jar.

This matter was the subject of a voluntary declaration by the club prior to the delayed court hearings, which we expect to quantify the amounts missappropriated by officials of the company

Didn't someone work out that an American sports team was using the new wasp logo?

Clearly we're making a bundle on the royalties. Another quality bit of business by MM :thumsup2

What measures, specifically, should be in place to prevent Livingston's shareholders voluntarily handing over control of their management to muppets like the above? I don't recall Livingston fans actually campaigning against any of these figures joining the club at the time - indeed, the long-standing thread suggests that pretty much the only person to do so, MCL, was once again shouted down. You appear to have done absolutely f**k all either to remove these people from their position, if they were such a terrible blight who need to be kept out of the game entirely.

You'd think by now that Livingston's fanbase would have learnt a degree of basic responsibility for fixing their clown-car setup, but no: an exercise in self-pity and crocodile tears is the template response whenever their club (or indeed any other Scottish football club) makes a rip-roaring c**t of it.

So what do you want the fans' to do exactly? The football authorities should be taking action against unfit people who run clubs not the fans'

We don't have a sugar daddy at our club and they day Morton's sugar daddy gives up it will be very interesting.

So what do you want the fans' to do exactly? The football authorities should be taking action against unfit people who run clubs not the fans'

We don't have a sugar daddy at our club and they day Morton's sugar daddy gives up it will be very interesting.

Didn't they (Morton) experience that previously with a former owner; Mr Scott or something similar?

As I recall he very nearly drove the club out of existence?

As I recall the supporters campaigned over many months to finally oust Mr Scott from the club; I actually remember one of the representatives from their version of supporters trust coming and giving us a talk - one thing that sticks in my mind was his stark warning about "white knights" coming in offering everything but with motives that are less clear.

Not sure what they have done to ensure that another "Scott" doesn't materialise; did the supporters vet the new owners; did someone carry out due diligence? I mean if one set of supporters has the answer then please share; don’t let everyone keep reinventing the wheel.

Was it not American team who had it first ?

I could Google it but I can't be arsed

You may well be right; my Google-Fu has let me down.

The Americans don't half like their wasps, bees and hornets 'roided up :mellow:

Archived