Resurgent Dream Team v Albino Rovers

A Believer

Not been able to go since win away to silky (silky) Shire. Really looking forward to this one; liking the changes, albeit looking enforced. Fairbairn's return was overdue; bloody outstanding last season! Dev back in and Notty in midfield all feels right. Liking reports of Dargo dropping back to build and make late runs. He was fantastic away in the battle of New Bayfield. What a game that was! Want to make the most of that win. How did Andrews do? Or could he really have played in a suit v Annan?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear. 2 threads.

Andrews had nothing to do against Annan and will keep the shirt - especially since Bald mysteriously didn't even make the bench.

Notman's return to midfield makes us much stronger defensively and I hope its an unchanged side. Also hoping for a temporary but quite painful illness for John Gemmell

According to Cameron's post match interview bald had a virus so I'd imagine he'd be back for Saturday. Saying that however he was poor against Fife so who knows. On the statement of Jonny being outstanding last season. I disagree. He was good. Dougie Brydon 11/12 season was far more influential.

According to Cameron's post match interview bald had a virus so I'd imagine he'd be back for Saturday. Saying that however he was poor against Fife so who knows. On the statement of Jonny being outstanding last season. I disagree. He was good. Dougie Brydon 11/12 season was far more influential.

aye but Jonny plays for us and Doug doesn't..

Coming up for this hoping for a home win, will be tough though. With so many top teams playing one another and lower league teams similar with one another either side could progress a little further in the competition. There's no reason we can't do what Albion did last season!

Coming up for this hoping for a home win, will be tough though. With so many top teams playing one another and lower league teams similar with one another either side could progress a little further in the competition. There's no reason we can't do what Albion did last season!

I fully agree, there's no reason why Berwick can't scrape 7th and sack their manager in June.

A game which had more effort than the average Premier League ties put together.

Well done both sides and probably a fair result.

Superb team goal by Berwick to go 1 up, but despite a decent opening burst in the 2nd half, we conceded way too much possession after that. Young Fairbairn Notman and Lavery were tops for Berwick.

Despite Gemmells feeble 60 seconds lying face down in the mud, he was quality.

Top marks though to the Curfew Micropub. Football my arse.

I thought we were shite second half and genuinely thought we were gonna chuck it after the equaliser.

Yes, there was only going to be one winner after the equaliser. Highlight of the afternoon was wee Squib slamming the Berwick no5 in a muddy puddle.

Berwick are 11 points below us in the league, but from our first three head-to-heads I struggle to understand why- there has been little between us. Quite the reverse this afternoon- they played a poor Rovers side off the park without too much expenditure.

Few of the fourteen Rovers players can claim for pass marks but despite the crap overall performance there was still enough spirit in the camp to get us in the last 16 draw. The goals have been of a very high quality so far this season - perhaps the work of our assistant manager - and Mick's equaliser was no exception.

So well done to the injured Mr. Young on a ninth game unbeaten (and surely a November Manager of the Month award,) but all the credit today goes to Berwick. They were the better team and played very well for spells but never really stayed out of second gear for long enough to get a second goal- if they had done we'd only be playing each other five times this season, instead of six.

Lastly, on my first trip to the (supposedly) newly-improved Shielfield, liberally buttered up by BerwickMad and BTU, I was disappointed by the state of the decor and facilities. Part of me hopes they win the replay so they can get a glamour tie and afford to run their own pie stand, and put soap in the lavatories.

Once again we don't win after being in front, how many times will this keep going on for? Seemed to take the foot off the gas ten minutes after going in front, and the second half got worse. According to a couple of rovers fans I was speaking to on the train home, they didn't think they would get a goal, however I think about 95% of berwick fans knew a goal was coming after rovers pressure in the second half.

Some good performances , Lavery with another goal keeping up his good form, also thought Drummond done well out wide. Lee Currie poor again, and needs to find his form quick! I'd say our most influential player, not turned up all season.

Also thought Notman was lucky to stay on the park for his tackle in the centre circle, could of been a red from another ref.

Replay a week on Tuesday at cliftonhill, if I'm honest, it'll be very tough and need a big performance from everyone if we are to win it!

Lastly, on my first trip to the (supposedly) newly-improved Shielfield, liberally buttered up by BerwickMad and BTU, I was disappointed by the state of the decor and facilities. Part of me hopes they win the replay so they can get a glamour tie and afford to run their own pie stand, and put soap in the lavatories.

Coming from a supporter who's team plays their home games at Cliftonhill, I hope this is a wind up

Archived