Trouble at bellsdale?

KLadeside

Actually after last week I remember a Beith fan on here saying it would of been interesting if the "young team" had been where they usually were when we were down there. This what you mean by interesting aye?

One day they will try it on with the wrong one and will get a tanking no doubt

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody actually seen what happened you would find the a group of Kilwinning 'fans' started throwing bottles at beith fans, what you meant to do when a group attacks you with bottles? A hope the guy that was injured is ok but for people to blame beith fans is bang out of order!

Wits wrong with people these days when after they have a drink at the football they cant pit the empties in the bin and not over someone's head anyone who knows me knows I love a can of cider or 2 during the football but u'll never catch me using it as a weapon. Even down at beechwood ma m8 caught a flying bottle of red cola that was heading towards us bankies fans cos we knocked them out the Scottish the funny thing was ma m8 opened the bottle and drank it haha. He's no been the same since lol ma point being who drinks red cola? kids so I wouldn't say drink was the problem more the person or people who think there hard by throwing them. We've never had trouble down Beith last week included had banter with Beith fans but no bottles thrown haha

If anybody actually seen what happened you would find the a group of Kilwinning 'fans' started throwing bottles at beith fans, what you meant to do when a group attacks you with bottles? A hope the guy that was injured is ok but for people to blame beith fans is bang out of order!

Some one has posted on facebook that the lad is going in for surgery today on his eye. Not sure of the details but heres hoping hes ok.

Actually after last week I remember a Beith fan on here saying it would of been interesting if the "young team" had been where they usually were when we were down there. This what you mean by interesting aye?

One day they will try it on with the wrong one and will get a tanking no doubt

I was the one who said that. Purely meant it would've been good banter as the Bankies fans had entered "their" stand.

In the Juniors I've always said you can't go to a rivals ground and sing at their "fans" (we all have them, that one youngish group), drink and make gestures / threats etc. I cringe whenever I see it happening whether it's our team or anyone against us. It's almost obvious that there will be trouble. I said to others on the way out yesterday that it was going to kick off and it did. Not condoning anyone's actions but throwing a glass bottle and it hitting an old man is the lowest of the low and this sparked what then followed.

dont understand why anybody wants to fight at any game ! but there's bams all over . as for Beith and Kilbirnie fan's being scum that's rubbish, there mostly all decent folk both sets of fans ! unlike winton they have fans and unlike winton they have managed to win thing's ! winton have never ever won anything at all .lol :lol::lol:

dont understand why anybody wants to fight at any game ! but there's bams all over . as for Beith and Kilbirnie fan's being scum that's rubbish, there mostly all decent folk both sets of fans ! unlike winton they have fans and unlike winton they have managed to win thing's ! winton have never ever won anything at all .lol :lol::lol:

Nae bother eamonn. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the couch. Adl champs

4 years ago but hey, pretty much us all us no hopers can aspire to, eh? So where did you crawl oot fae anyway?

I think you'll find that some clubs will have a few "idiotic" fans that can go too far but typically these types of things are the result of the idiots in the communities who tag along for a game here and there. The sad thing is it's always the volunteers who put their heart and soul into their clubs who end up picking up the pieces. The bit I dislike is the immediate point scoring that follows on this site apportioning blame and trying to claim victimisation etc etc I speak generally before I'm accused of saying it was the third Lanark fans who started it etc etc

Not an easy one,blanket bans I'm against,know a lot the Beith young uns and most are sound,but can't condone bottle throwing.

Safety first option is segregation, especially leaving when emotions are at the highest.

However you need bodies and Beith like the rest of us are at the bare bones committee wise.

Wouldn't ever send an official to remove drink, not worth it.

Contain it,once they grow up a bit their your next generation of fans and potential committee.

Been there,it's hard, maybe get a representative from the young team,manage from within.

Hertha a know you are upset and well pissed off mate but don't know if you did the right thing naming on a public forum.

well said rocker I seen whole incident from start and wont put it on social media if hertha or any beith committee want to ask me they r more than welcome as I was nearly hit by all the flying bottles throwing......................

For what it's worth the way I see it is that when people come to the gates it's easy enough to see if they have a cargo with them or not. Regards segregation of supporters that's just lunicy IMO if you have dafties spouting abuse at each other from a distance for 90 miniutes they will clash at some point if they are in beside each other it usually banter, and a great atmosphere.

Obviously there are an eliment who, although they want their side to win, have no interest in the actual game itself just on causing trouble.

Major issue these days is police, committee, Joe public, etc are endangering themselves if they try to stop this element as the world has gone PC crazy!

A clip round the ear or better still a right good boot in the arse would solve a lot!

I feel for committees who have to deal with this sort of crap on a semi-regular basis. Blaming the clubs involved isn't on - they're run by volunteers who chances are are older, maybe retired, and often have to live in the same community as the wee fuds causing the bother.

Your bog-standard league game normally isn't a problem, but the issues always seem to arrive when it's either a local derby or a Junior Cup game. The wee fannies will get wind of a bigger game - run of the mill games won't show up on their radar - and turn up on a noise-up mission that's always going to end in tears.

We got landed with the Kilbirnie/Beith game a couple of years ago, and both sets of fans were brand new - they were the real fans though.

I don't know what the answer is to get rid of the pondlife though, short of lacing Scotland's Buckie supply with strychnine for a few months...

I feel for committees who have to deal with this sort of crap on a semi-regular basis. Blaming the clubs involved isn't on - they're run by volunteers who chances are are older, maybe retired, and often have to live in the same community as the wee fuds causing the bother.

Your bog-standard league game normally isn't a problem, but the issues always seem to arrive when it's either a local derby or a Junior Cup game. The wee fannies will get wind of a bigger game - run of the mill games won't show up on their radar - and turn up on a noise-up mission that's always going to end in tears.

We got landed with the Kilbirnie/Beith game a couple of years ago, and both sets of fans were brand new - they were the real fans though.

I don't know what the answer is to get rid of the pondlife though, short of lacing Scotland's Buckie supply with strychnine for a few months...

I agree for the most part but you can't just completely absolve clubs of any responsibility because they are run by volunteers. If you value the name of the club you should be working as hard as possible to make sure this stuff is cut out. I'm not saying they aren't, but their efforts usually stop short of spending any money. Get on the phone to a security company or the police and actually spend the money, and I can guarantee you'll have no problems. No need for bans etc. We've had to do it a couple of times and although it costs money, it's the only actual way to solve the problem.

From the Kilwinning side, it's well known who the arseholes are - that neanderthal postman and his cronies - until they start refusing them entry to Abbey Park, the issue will always be there.

Thick b*****ds who have no place in junior football, or any level for that matter.

Everyone knows them - name and shame might be no bad thing really.

From the Kilwinning side, it's well known who the arseholes are - that neanderthal postman and his cronies - until they start refusing them entry to Abbey Park, the issue will always be there.

Thick b*****ds who have no place in junior football, or any level for that matter.

Everyone knows them - name and shame might be no bad thing really.

Mate to be fair yesterday they didn't cause any trouble

Mate to be fair yesterday they didn't cause any trouble

Did u see the whole incident mate as I did and all bottles thrown were from kilwinning fans and the ones that didn't smash were returned as I was nearly hit by one of about a dozen that were thrown question i ask is these bottles were empty why did the kilwinning fans not bin them as there are plenty bins available inside bellsdale ?

Archived