Trouble at bellsdale?

KLadeside

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only really report on what I heard and witnessed today after the game.

I was gutted and taking down the goal nets etc at our pavilion end and I heard someone shouting for the need of a first aider up at our turnstiles at the exit point .

I went into our dressing room and called for our physio Ian Anderson and both him and myself went to the guys first aid to the left turn of our turnstiles at the top end.

A boy was down and had a facial wound which meant his left eye was half closed, shortly afterwards a potential inner fight between Kilwinning fans between themselves was very close to breaking out and the victim jumped up to seperate it only for myself to tell him to please stay down and get his necessary treatment .

After this a small element of beith fans went up to the clinic end of the ground and gesticulated towards the Kilwinning boys to go ahead.

Both clubs should get together and identify the idiots involved in this. They will know by now who they are .Sin die them all. No club needs or want this. The SJFA should also intervene.

I was at the match today on request of a senior club to give a report on a few players involved in today's game. Thought it was an excellent cup tie with both sets of players giving all for their teams. On leaving the ground I saw about a dozen youths standing in a group shouting various things towards Kilwinning fans leaving. Then, a few bottles were thrown from the youths gathered into the leaving Kilwinning fans. After that then it was pretty crazy between both groups however I was only there for a short period. All I can say is that I thought it was a very competitive game without any nastiness on the field and it's a shame that a few mindless idiots decided to end the day like they did. Best wishes to the lad hurt today, hope he recovers fully and all the best to both clubs for the rest of the season.

Well kilwinning have won things more recently were Clydebank haven't. HTH.

Since clydebank returned to the juniors kilwinning have only won 2 trophies clydebank have won 5 .perhaps you should get your facts right before posting .

How possibly can you brandish both sets of fans as a disgrace/worst in junior football? Not ALL fans are like this and that's for both clubs. It's a shame that a small minority continue to tarnish both clubs. I agree with a few posts above surely the club can identify and refuse entry. It's not worth the hassle to let them in.

Wasn't at the game gutted to lose but even more gutted that our clubs "fans" have let them self down again.

Back on topic that this incident has taken away from a great result for Chris and the team

Anyway look forward to the draw

The thread topic is trouble at bellsdale so it's on topic ha.

Seriously though not good to hear of this sort of stuff, only way to stop it is to refuse the suspicious group of fans trying to get in the ground entry.

I can only really report on what I heard and witnessed today after the game.

I was gutted and taking down the goal nets etc at our pavilion end and I heard someone shouting for the need of a first aider up at our turnstiles at the exit point .

I went into our dressing room and called for our physio Ian Anderson and both him and myself went to the guys first aid to the left turn of our turnstiles at the top end.

A boy was down and had a facial wound which meant his left eye was half closed, shortly afterwards a potential inner fight between Kilwinning fans between themselves was very close to breaking out and the victim jumped up to seperate it only for myself to tell him to please stay down and get his necessary treatment .

After this a small element of beith fans went up to the clinic end of the ground and gesticulated towards the Kilwinning boys to go ahead.

I'm sure this report was published by FIFA... Are you honestly saying you weren't aware of what was going on until a first aider was requested? The bunch of people forced to remain in the ground and the cruciendo of bottles smashing wasn't a clue to anything preceding it?

Don't skim over this... that was a small scale riot which just about everyone in the ground could see coming. Beith fans were more than involved before they popped their heads back up at the top of the hill "gesticulating". Fact is fans should have been segregated through the exits on their way out and an effort should have been made to prevent drinking during the game.

I'm tired of hearing this "it's only a minority" nonsense. If they're only a minority, how hard is it to identify them and ban them from the ground?

Archived