Rob Roy 2 v Glenafton Ath 1 , Scottish Cup Match

RobRoyGuy

Where oh where do you start with this game today. Can't remember a game where we have missed so many guilt end chances like it in 26 years of supporting the Roy only thing coming close to it was bo'ness two years ago but won't go into that :blink:

First half was fairly even , Strachan in particular was looking dangerous for the glens, Glens goal was a deflected goal from a shot on the 18 yard box . Very unlucky for the Roy who were matching the glens all the way.

Second half well the Roy came flying out the traps al over glens , chance after chance , and when i say this i don't say it lightly it could of been 5 or 6 for the Roy today but we couldn't finish it off. The Roy first goal was a good finish from close it from Chris Duff , the second a fantastic move finished off brilliantly by Scott Upton with a diving header.

The glens were always going to get a chance and they did towards the end but murdoch who never had much to do saved well. Five mins of injury time felt like 5 hours. Great for the boys to beat a top side in glenafton , will give them good confidence.

Chris Duff was brilliant , not the finished article but ran and ran at the glens defence all game long , Scott Upton has been a brilliant player for us , so busy , works his socks off , uses the ball so well . Boy Aitken along with Duff are coming along really well improving every week , great to watch these boys progress . How the lad aitken never got a hat trick today i will never know.

Finnigan ( machine of a player ) was right mid today with carter at rb , both did very well along with the gutsy martin brogan and solid barr. Mcmenamin plugged away well , good experienced player to have.Boy Tiffney also worked hard up front.

Well done Maxi and the management team , got today's team spot on and even when things were going against us we kept plugging away. Maxi is not the finished article as a manager and we are not the finished article as a team but you can see the guy is growing into the job every week.

That's what junior football is all about today fantastic value for £5 , and once again well done to all the players and management , they did the club and its scottish cup history proud today.

Glens will bounce back, stay safe in the league and no doubt get another good cup run in the west or remaining district cup.

Glens keeper was brilliant today.

Did he do so from the start ? I think we pressed glens well, our two strikers and wide midfielders worked their socks off , maybe your manager thought a extra man in midfield would help you gain control of the match.

Is that ex Talbot Garrity ? Few excellent one on one saves.

Not sure why he changed it then he has done amazing for you guys though so deserves to be cut some slack.

Our manager got his tactics and personn l today and if he can become the manager Bryce has been he will be doing well in the game.

Is that ex Talbot Garrity ? Few excellent one on one saves.

Not sure why he changed it then he has done amazing for you guys though so deserves to be cut some slack.

Our manager got his tactics and personn l today and if he can become the manager Bryce has been he will be doing well in the game.

Yeah ex Talbot good lad to have in any team

Rob Roy going from strength to strength. Continue to win in the league will open up a gap on the chasing pack

Easier said than done. All about staying like that week in week out.

Yeah ex Talbot good lad to have in any team

Yeah excellent shot stopper, kept his team in it today .

So I was told,

McMenamin was getting a bit of abuse from the younger glens fans today. He played fairly well today, good experienced guy to have in the team.

I took my brother in law along to the game today his 1st junior match.

We both had a great time watching this game.

Numerous chances for the Rabs thankfully we were not to rue missing them.

Had to inform the brother in law that not every junior game was as good as this one!

As ever Mon The Famous Rabs! !

I took my brother in law along to the game today his 1st junior match.

We both had a great time watching this game.

Numerous chances for the Rabs thankfully we were not to rue missing them.

Had to inform the brother in law that not every junior game was as good as this one!

As ever Mon The Famous Rabs! !

better 2 get a belter at his 1st game cos it'll get him hooked. Use seem 2 be heading in the right direction in the league hopefully we stay up n we play each other next season. I love the games vs the roy

Believe it or not i actually hope Clydebank do stay up this season. Both teams though have a lot of work to do to make sure next time we play a competitive game it's a premier league game.

Only a one off game but it at least showed our players that they do have it in them to compete and beat a good premier league side like the glens.

Our team selection and tactics were spot on and every player did their job, resulting in us making Glenafton look average.

Glenafton weren't even average yesterday! Poorest performance from a team that was unrecognisable from the one that won the League Cup only a few weeks ago! Managers set up was baffling, has to hold his hands up and admit he got it wrong, playing 1 up front against a lower league team wasn't in our make up

Rob Roy thoroughly deserved their win and as other posters have said if it wasn't for Brian Mcgarrity it could have been embarrassing. Good luck to the Rabs in the Scottish this season!

Archived