Whats the best YAS you have ever heard?

ClydeNewcomer

Scotland taking the lead at Wembley through Dalglish.

True I did make that up.

If you are disputing the number of scottish fans there just ask john motson, or any english player or pundit there that day

If you are disputing the number of glaswegians at the game? because that was very well documented at the time by both the scottish and english media. John Motson even comments on it during the game. There were an obscene amount of busses and trains that left from glasgow for that game. If you dispute the numbers at the game I can give you plenty of quotes from the commentators of the games in the late 70's at wembley, the pundits who wrote about the game, the english players themselves who state it.

Home international - Wembley 1975

Despite England being at home, Wembley was awash with Tartan and Lion Rampant flags with BBC’s David Coleman proclaiming there to be “60 or 70 thousand Scots in the crowd”. The bi-annual pilgrimage to London was at its height in these heady days for the Scottish national side

Neil Warnock

His first exposure to Scottish fans came at Wembley, back in the days when a lubricated Tartan Army descended in tens of thousands. He remembers that packed, steaming terrace. "The lad in front of me, a big Scottish lad, he had this big overcoat on. He turns round and he's looking at me. He goes 'do ye want a dram?' I say 'what you got?' I didn't want him to know I was English. So he opens up his big coat and he has about 20 pockets with different drinks, both sides. A portable bar. So I had a whisky. To see the Scots take over and come down Wembley Way, I think it was one of the most amazing atmospheres ever.

Graham Souness - Talking about scotland england games at a packed wembley

They were great games to play in in those days because we always had the vast majority of supporters

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True I did make that up.

If you are disputing the number of scottish fans there just ask john motson, or any english player or pundit there that day

If you are disputing the number of glaswegians at the game? because that was very well documented at the time by both the scottish and english media. John Motson even comments on it during the game. There were an obscene amount of busses and trains that left from glasgow for that game. If you dispute the numbers at the game I can give you plenty of quotes from the commentators of the games in the late 70's at wembley, the pundits who wrote about the game, the english players themselves who state it.

Home international - Wembley 1975

Despite England being at home, Wembley was awash with Tartan and Lion Rampant flags with BBC’s David Coleman proclaiming there to be [/size]“60 or 70 thousand Scots in the crowd”. The bi-annual pilgrimage to London was at its height in these heady days for the Scottish national side[/size]

Neil Warnock

His first exposure to Scottish fans came at Wembley, back in the days when a lubricated Tartan Army descended in tens of thousands. He remembers that packed, steaming terrace. "The lad in front of me, a big Scottish lad, he had this big overcoat on. He turns round and he's looking at me. He goes 'do ye want a dram?' I say 'what you got?' I didn't want him to know I was English. So he opens up his big coat and he has about 20 pockets with different drinks, both sides. A portable bar. So I had a whisky. To see the Scots take over and come down Wembley Way, I think it was one of the most amazing atmospheres ever.[/size]

Graham Souness - Talking about scotland england games at a packed wembley[/size]

They were great games to play in in those days because we always had the vast majority of supporters[/size]

Yes, but I'm disputing none of that. My beef was with the Dalglish details.

I'm just bringing my 'Stop getting Scotland wrong' rant, from the First Scotland Game thread over to here.

Yes, but I'm disputing none of that. My beef was with the Dalglish details. I'm just bringing my 'Stop getting Scotland wrong' rant, from the First Scotland Game thread over to here.

I have seen the game 3 times it was a mistake to say he took the lead. I know it was mcqueen who leapt like a salmon to head the ball for the opener and kenny to peg Clemence for the 2nd.

It was a silly mistake but you will notice I already stated earlier in this thread that it was mcqueen that took the lead. So a wee lapse in concentration there

double-impact-jean-claude-van-damme.png

I have seen the game 3 times it was a mistake to say he took the lead. I know it was mcqueen who leapt like a salmon to head the ball for the opener and kenny to peg Clemence for the 2nd.

It was a silly mistake but you will notice I already stated earlier in this thread that it was mcqueen that took the lead. So a wee lapse in concentration there

double-impact-jean-claude-van-damme.png

Ok then. I'm prepared to let this one go on this occasion.

I want you to learn from it though.

McFadden goal against France, my mind didn't process the goal properly somehow and it took me a few seconds to to realise that it actually was a goal.

Guess that's beyond a simple Yas!

I only watched it on TV, but I'm surprised to see the 97th minute winner against Lichtenstein mentioned.I thought the only excited person was Levein as he shed his specs. I couldn't even muster relief, such was my anger. My overriding emotion was one of pity for the Lichtenstein players who'd had a notable result snatched away.

Why pity, it was their antics that gave us the 7 minutes instead of the Normal minimum announced (4 mins).

Well that's embarrassing.It was a disgraceful performance as part of a pathetic campaign. Only a fool would have welcomed that goal wholeheartedly.

*gasp* he's cleverly called me a fool!

Next time Scotland score a last minute winner I'll be sure to be utterly disgusted. I'll probably self-harm too, just to be sure.

Plenty of yass moment's at Scotland games, hard to pick a favourite one (all have been mentioned before) -

1 - Barry Ferguson vs Italy

2 - Gary Caldwell vs France

3 - Lee McCulloch vs Ukraine

4 - Stephen McManus vs Liechtenstein

5 - Shaun Maloney vs Ireland

6 - Darren Fletcher vs Czech Republic

Those are my favs and stick in my mind the most!

Plenty of yass moment's at Scotland games, hard to pick a favourite one (all have been mentioned before) -

Forgot about that one which got us 2 nil up when he bent it right in the top corner. Sensational

Monkey badminton will be raging about number 4. He'll probably wave a cheese in your face and flee.

There were probably no more than 15 thousand left in the stadium due to a mass exodus before mcmanus scored though so the yass would have been seriously effected by that

Not one I would gloat about

Archived