Whats the best YAS you have ever heard?

ClydeNewcomer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland U21s v Germany U21s, about 91/92. 3-1 down to 3-3, then think it was Alex Rae who hit the winner. Sold out Pittodrie was rocking that night.

Caldwell v France was a bounce. And, wasn't at the game, but Burley v Norway at France 98 was a big yas.

The infamous mcmanus 97th v leichstenstein was pretty spectacular also

Weirdest celebration ever, all my mates bar one had left and we along with thousands others were at the top of the stairs on the concourse. When we scored it was like Hampden was moving from everybody just running up and down stairs and along rows etc must of only been 15k left in the ground at the time.

Macfadden v Ukraine in the 3-1 game

I can't even remember who scored it but in the Lithuania one in the same campaign at Hampden just after they had equalised with the penalty that was blatant dive, Maloney who had just come on went for a short corner and played it to back post and it was bundled in.

That was mcmanus putting it in with his fuckin knee! Magic

That was mcmanus putting it in with his fuckin knee! Magic

Aye Maloney had just come on and there was a short corner, Macmanus had gone in too quickly and the ball was behind him then he flicked out the knee in a very well improvised manner then Macfadden scored to make it 3-1 after

I went out to the arches afterwards and got into an almighty state

When Scotland went 2-0 up against Ukraine in the 3-1 game, within the first 10 minutes. Place erupted.

Those first ten minutes were mental. We always go in the side towards Mount Florida but for some reason we ended up at the other side that day right in line with the goal. Perfect view for the first two goals. The place was going crazy

Lots of good shouts on here, the best I've been in would be in no particular order

Caldwell v France at home

McFadden v France away (slightly delayed Yas)

McFadden v the Dutch in play off

Collins v Brazil at the Stade de France

Ferguson v Italy at home

Best yas moment ever would have to be Brian Potter saving Alan Lawrence's penalty in semi-final shoot out of league cup in 94. Strangely that was a bigger high than the final for me. Glorious

Loved the Ukraine game. Got in right before the first goal from miller because my pal's dad was late picking us up but what a game

Mental to think as well that until last week that was probably the last time we won a really meaningful home qualifier against a decent team

Much the same as everyone else's with most coming in the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign. The top one would have to be Paris. The whole trip was a YAS moment. McFadden scored some incredible goals for us. France, Ukraine, Lithuania, Macedonia. Legend!

Much the same as everyone else's with most coming in the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign. The top one would have to be Paris. The whole trip was a YAS moment. McFadden scored some incredible goals for us. France, Ukraine, Lithuania, Macedonia. Legend!

The trip was a YAS moment until after the game. Most of the boozers shut just after the final whistle. Headed back to the Tower and it was deserted. I wonder where the other 30k went to. That was the only point in the trip where I wished we were back in Glasgow, that must have been some party.

I only watched it on TV, but I'm surprised to see the 97th minute winner against Lichtenstein mentioned.

I thought the only excited person was Levein as he shed his specs. I couldn't even muster relief, such was my anger. My overriding emotion was one of pity for the Lichtenstein players who'd had a notable result snatched away.

Archived