Georgia v Scotland - Fri 4th September

callum-ayr

Glasgow Thurs £224 estimate via London and Istanbul To Edinburgh via Riga and London Sat straight after game early hours £211 estimate best I can see.Long long trek for short space of time but defo doable

Is that Glasgow - London - instanbul - tbl for £224?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that Glasgow - London - instanbul - tbl for £224?

Yes type in UK Tbilisi 2x singles on Skyscanner it should be there bud.

Prob get cheaper if ye get cheap train to London given its afternoon flights from their airports.

Still looking into this. What's the cheapest way atm?

Might involve an overnight stop in Warsaw, but a quick look says you can do it from £213 return by Ryanair GLA - Warsaw and Lot from Warsaw to Tbilisi, depending on dates.

post-30062-0-44892600-1432806403_thumb.j

post-30062-0-78518600-1432806418_thumb.j

P.S. The Ryanair flights to and from Warsaw might not match up depending on your dates, but there are loads of cheap flights to and from Warsaw from the UK.

P.P.S. Wizz Air do Glasgow to Warsaw Chopin at not much more than Ryan Air, who fly to the wrong Warsaw Airport for the connection. The times look better too.

Thinking of doing this, though might turn it into more of a holiday and stay a bit longer:

Wizz Air Glasgow to Warsaw Chopin
Thursday 3/9 11.30 - 15.10 £48.90
The airport's only 10km from the centre, so plenty time for a few beers in the old town.
Lot Air Warsaw Chopin to Tiblisi
Thursday 2230 - 0410 (Friday) £59.80
Lot Air Tbilisi to Warsaw
Sunday 0455 - 0635 £71.30
Wizz Air Warsaw Chopin to Luton
Sunday 1220 - 1355 £43 approx
Easyjet Luton to Glasgow
Sunday 1600 - 1715 £55.99
Total £278.99

We're Glasgow - Dusseldorf - Istanbul - Tbilisi, going Thursday and land early Friday morning

Coming back Tbilisi - Kiev - London - Glasgow, leave 6.30 Monday morning and in Glasgow for about 5pm on Monday, just in time for the Germany game.

Fantastic, I've always wanted to visit a country at war, and I thought the highlights would be the German wings flight or not getting shot down going into Georgia. How are you privvy to all this info, are you sleeping with the Leader?

Fantastic, I've always wanted to visit a country at war, and I thought the highlights would be the German wings flight or not getting shot down going into Georgia. How are you privvy to all this info, are you sleeping with the Leader?

I've no heard anything about any German Wings flight, where did you get this information?

St Jude told me after speaking to him.

I've no heard anything about any German Wings flight, where did you get this information?

St Jude told me after speaking to him.

Flight to Dusseldorf is with German Wings. Martial Law about to be declared in Ukraine, we might end up the first Tartan Army POW's.

Since Falkirk have saved me any European club commitments I've bitten the bullet:

Glasgow - Warsaw - Tbilisi - Warsaw - Glasgow £223.18

Out Thursday back Tuesday, Wizz Air and LOT. You can come back on Monday for the same price.

P.S. If you can find a cheap way of getting to Budapest there are flights from there to Kutaisi from £25. It's a 4 hour ride in a minibus from there to Tbilisi, costs about a tenner, not sure if that's return.

Since Falkirk have saved me any European club commitments I've bitten the bullet:

Glasgow - Warsaw - Tbilisi - Warsaw - Glasgow £223.18

Out Thursday back Tuesday, Wizz Air and LOT. You can come back on Monday for the same price.

P.S. If you can find a cheap way of getting to Budapest there are flights from there to Kutaisi from £25. It's a 4 hour ride in a minibus from there to Tbilisi, costs about a tenner, not sure if that's return.

No coming back for the Germany game then?

No coming back for the Germany game then?

I quite fancied watching it in a bar in Tiblisi. There's at least one place, the usual Irish Pub, with all the satellite feeds. Forgot about fucking Ireland v Georgia being on the same night though. :1eye

If you can find a cheap way of getting to Amsterdam and back you can fly direct to Tbilisi from Schipol for just under £300 return. Civilised times of day going out at least, and no hanging about airports in the middle of the night to change flights.

Georgian Airways, leave AMS at 10.40, arrive TBS at 17.40 Wed 2nd. Leave TBS 0510, arrive AMS 0750 Sat 5th.

Might be a bit of a struggle catching the flight back the morning after the game though.

If you can find a cheap way of getting to Amsterdam and back you can fly direct to Tbilisi from Schipol for just under £300 return. Civilised times of day going out at least, and no hanging about airports in the middle of the night to change flights.

Georgian Airways, leave AMS at 10.40, arrive TBS at 17.40 Wed 2nd. Leave TBS 0510, arrive AMS 0750 Sat 5th.

Might be a bit of a struggle catching the flight back the morning after the game though.

This is what I am on, it saves lots of time and buggering about and multiple changes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived