Pollok

Maryhillno1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason Tony deserves praise is due to him bringing stability to a club in turnmoil over the last few seasons.

Poor management appointments followed by signings of pals or ex seniors here for a pay day did nothing to stabilise the club after a sucessful period under Rab with a side who was reaching its end and needed gradual changes.

We are rightly playing at a level below where we all would like Pollok to play, however there was (and still isn't) never any gaurentee that we will go up 'cos we have a big support etc. We needed a clear out of has beens and instead build a team who is more youthful and play for each other. So far Tony has done that and more. Hopefully he can see it through to the end of the season and win promotion.

The big differerence between our relegation and Teams like Beith is they still had the stability of a half dozen players who won the league and should have gone further in the senior Scottish, Pollok had been in decline for years,

Hurlford will be a real test in the west and it seems it's one everyone is excited about, but excited in a way that they recognise we are no longer a top league side so looking forward to see if we can compete at that level.

Obviously not as I follow a premier team

But looking at the clubs involved with no disrespect intended I feel it's a weaker league this year. Just my opinion though

#COTB

This is the thing, sounds like your going more by the names of the clubs involved rather than the quality of the teams.

The two central sides who came up shettleston have some real quality about them, Neilston won the league and always a difficult place to go. They replaced the gow who got very few points last season and a Renfrew team who were struggling .Ashfield like this season are struggling No disrespect to those teams two of them have bounced back well this season.

Pollok squad is of a very high quality ourselves we went down with 23 points and have improved our squad and Largs once they find their feet will prove to be a useful team. All three more than adequate replacements to the teams who have went up.

Cumbernauld have built a good squad and already won a cup .Yoker ,Maybole and Greenock are their usual selves, decent sides who are difficult to break down especially at home.

The Ayrshire teams coming up are both on the up and will be buzzing to prove themselves both will be relishing the new experience of the higher league.

Glencairn have a good squad when everyone is fit certainly a improvement on last season

Thorniewood i would say on paper anyway have a weaker squad than last season but even then they don't look like becoming detached.

Obviously not as I follow a premier team

But looking at the clubs involved with no disrespect intended I feel it's a weaker league this year. Just my opinion though

#COTB

Well it's the first time I have watched Super 1st teams week in week out so really have no comparrison to the previous seasons to measure if this year is weaker so I am not going to.

What I will say is that a few sides are of similar level to the recent season bottom 6 teams in the Premier so it comes as no surprise now to see why in recent seasons teams like Beith & Ashfield came up and did well straight away.

This is the thing, sounds like your going more by the names of the clubs involved rather than the quality of the teams.

The two central sides who came up shettleston have some real quality about them, Neilston won the league and always a difficult place to go. They replaced the gow who got very few points last season and a Renfrew team who were struggling .Ashfield like this season are struggling No disrespect to those teams two of them have bounced back well this season.

Pollok squad is of a very high quality ourselves we went down with 23 points and have improved our squad and Largs once they find their feet will prove to be a useful team. All three more than adequate replacements to the teams who have went up.

Cumbernauld have built a good squad and already won a cup .Yoker ,Maybole and Greenock are their usual selves, decent sides who are difficult to break down especially at home.

The Ayrshire teams coming up are both on the up and will be buzzing to prove themselves both will be relishing the new experience of the higher league.

Glencairn have a good squad when everyone is fit certainly a improvement on last season

Thorniewood i would say on paper anyway have a weaker squad than last season but even then they don't look like becoming detached.

Rrg with all due respect if rob Roy were playing in the bottom league you would have us all believing it's champions league material. In years gone by this was an extremely competitive league but now it's gone to the doldrums.

Rrg with all due respect if rob Roy were playing in the bottom league you would have us all believing it's champions league material. In years gone by this was an extremely competitive league but now it's gone to the doldrums.

Utter nonsense. Only 7 points separate 3rd place and 12th place.

That post is so wrong on so many levels. Firstly i am always realistic about my team , how they perform and where they can improve . I very rarely big my team up as i know we need to improve.

Check out the super first thread , loads of great posts thousands of views , guys buzzing being a part of the league guys from ayrshire and up in glasgow. We had six years of premier football and stepped back into this league and found it the buzz and interest in the league refreshing.

Oh and today we knocked out a good premier league team in Glenafton, no bad for a team playing in a league that lacks quality.

That post is so wrong on so many levels. Firstly i am always realistic about my team , how they perform and where they can improve . I very rarely big my team up as i know we need to improve.

Check out the super first thread , loads of great posts thousands of views , guys buzzing being a part of the league guys from ayrshire and up in glasgow. We had six years of premier football and stepped back into this league and found it the buzz and interest in the league refreshing.

Oh and today we knocked out a good premier league team in Glenafton, no bad for a team playing in a league that lacks quality.

Sorry rrg but the fact there's "teams from Ayrshire and Glasgow" does not make it high in quality. I'm delighted there is a buzz as I'm a junior enthusiast. But IMO this league is lacking quality. It's not a personal slight against you or glensmad it's just an opinion. I'd be interested to hear thoughts of Lok fans?

Sorry rrg but the fact there's "teams from Ayrshire and Glasgow" does not make it high in quality. I'm delighted there is a buzz as I'm a junior enthusiast. But IMO this league is lacking quality. It's not a personal slight against you or glensmad it's just an opinion. I'd be interested to hear thoughts of Lok fans?

I said guys from these areas , irvine , stevenson , shettleston all delighted to be in the league ourselves pollok largs have embraced it. The bottom six and top six of the super prem and super 1st there is nothing much between , its the case this season and the previous decade. You would also need to be at every game every week to form a proper opinion , something that is impossible. Your putting the league down and not basing it on much.

I said guys from these areas , irvine , stevenson , shettleston all delighted to be in the league ourselves pollok largs have embraced it. The bottom six and top six of the super prem and super 1st there is nothing much between , its the case this season and the previous decade. You would also need to be at every game every week to form a proper opinion , something that is impossible. Your putting the league down and not basing it on much.

Seriously rrg , you need to watch every game? I can't have an opinion of a league because I haven't watched every game. My judgement is using my eyeballs. IMO this league is considerably worse than last year and bar Lok there is no team that would stay in the super premier. All your claptrap won't change my opinion.

Do any lok fans feel different?

Not sure if you have had some short term memory loss?

Maybe re read your opening post - you mention that you feel this is the most competitive Super 1st in years and then within 24 hours have changed to lacking quality and considerably worse than last year. Make your mind up.

The quality between the top of super first and bottom half of premier isn't that much. In cups this season Neilston and Shettleston both held Clydebank, Kilsyth held Troon and Then today's KRR result. That shows these teams can compete well against top the bottom half of premier league sides.

Not sure if you have had some short term memory loss?

Maybe re read your opening post - you mention that you feel this is the most competitive Super 1st in years and then within 24 hours have changed to lacking quality and considerably worse than last year. Make your mind up.

The quality between the top of super first and bottom half of premier isn't that much. In cups this season Neilston and Shettleston both held Clydebank, Kilsyth held Troon and Then today's KRR result. That shows these teams can compete well against top the bottom half of premier league sides.

I said competitive son I didn't mention anything about quality. Have you been drinking again before posting?

Archived