Pollok

Maryhillno1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing a good job but imo this is the poorest our 1st division has been in a while.

#COTB

I would say it's of a better standard than when you were last in it a few years back. Unlike recent years i don't think anyone will become detached.

Overall i think it's just a good a quality as it ever has been with some good talking points every week.

Doing a good job but imo this is the poorest our 1st division has been in a while.

#COTB

I would say it's of a better standard than when we were last in it a few years back. Unlike recent years i don't think anyone will become detached.

Overall i think it's just a good a quality as it ever has been with some good talking points every week.

Pollok are not a super first in any form on or off the park or budget wise. The manager in my opinion shouldn't be getting plaudits now, he should be getting them when he has Pollok in the latter stages of one of the big cups and back up the top of the premier. That's when a Pollok boss deserves real credit.

I would say it's of a better standard than when we were last in it a few years back. Unlike recent years i don't think anyone will become detached.

Pollok are not a super first in any form on or off the park or budget wise. The manager in my opinion shouldn't be getting plaudits now, he should be getting them when he has Pollok in the latter stages of one of the big cups and back up the top of the premier. That's when a Pollok boss deserves real credit.

Nonsense.

If the pollok manager had pollok at the foot of the super 1st division then he would be getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked so he deserves credit for the job he's doing so far.

Not many clubs regardless of stature find the super 1st division easy so well done to pollok so far although they will know that nothing has yet been achieved so far in terms of bouncing back to where they belong.

Nonsense.

If the pollok manager had pollok at the foot of the super 1st division then he would be getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked so he deserves credit for the job he's doing so far.

Not many clubs regardless of stature find the super 1st division easy so well done to pollok so far although they will know that nothing has yet been achieved so far in terms of bouncing back to where they belong.

It's nonsense in your of opinion. I stick by it to heap praise on this guy for doing what's expected is not right. Get to semis or final of west or Scottish and eventually get Pollok up the top of premier then sure give him praise.

Was the Beith manager getting the same plaudits last season for getting three more points from the first 10 games ? The eventual league winner had 20 points from the first 10 games, that's on a par with the current form of Shettleston and Rob Roy.

Pollok have made a good start and are going about their job quietly and efficiently, but this league is far from over, going by last season's statistics.

Was the Beith manager getting the same plaudits last season for getting three more points from the first 10 games ? The eventual league winner had 20 points from the first 10 games, that's on a par with the current form of Shettleston and Rob Roy.

Pollok have made a good start and are going about their job quietly and efficiently, but this league is far from over, going by last season's statistics.

Yes he was getting plaudits and correctly so .

If you can't get plaudits for 28 points from a possible 30 after ten games played then the poor guy is on a hiding to nothing.

I think Tony's biggest accolade was keeping some decent players and attracting others to the club to play in a lower division. e.g. David Winters and John Sweeney. Without knowing specifics, I'm sure both could have got better deals elsewhere. They're also, from what I've seen and heard, playing very good football at times, and that will stop any more support drifting away.

I think Tony's biggest accolade was keeping some decent players and attracting others to the club to play in a lower division. e.g. David Winters and John Sweeney. Without knowing specifics, I'm sure both could have got better deals elsewhere. They're also, from what I've seen and heard, playing very good football at times, and that will stop any more support drifting away.

Agree with this post and you will always see teams having maybe a better standard of player playing for them than what's evident in the current league that they're operating in.

We couldn't win the super first division title last season but we had players in Kenny McLean, Andy Reid , joe Bradley, Marc mcshane, John Sheridan, Kevin McDonald and zander Ryan who have all won the super premier division title.

The super 1st division and the merits of doing well in it shouldn't be underestimated.

I would agree. Pollok have done well so far, but I haven't heard any of their fans claiming that they are going to run away with it, only fans of other clubs. But last season should serve as a warning to any team. I think Beith took something like 38 points from the first 14 games (12 wins and 2 draws), but even that wasn't enough to see them go on and win the league, and Troon (who were 8 points behind after 10 games played) came back to win the league. That should also act as an encouragement to the chasing pack who are watching Pollok racking up the wins at the moment.

It's a similar situation in many ways to Mr McCoist over govan way. Big club to big for the second tier , bigger budget and fan base than the rest of the teams in the league.

The manager won't and shouldn't get any real praise till he has completed the job and by that i mean getting to the later stages of the big cups and challenging at the top of the top league until then imo it's just faux praise, blowing smoke up his arse when nothing has been achieved. I am sure even the manager won't expect any praise till the job is done and at this moment in time he is only 10 / 15 per cent through the job he was brought in to do.

In saying all that he has brought in some very good players , they are a defender or two away from being what pollok should be a major force.

and let's be realistic here despite all the facts pollok WILL finish in the top two most probably top.

The two games I've seen in the league Lok have had players sent off in the first half. I'd say in the second of the two, vs Neilston, it cost a few points, the first v Greenock was won anyway as they lost a man almost immediately themselves.

It'll be interesting to see how any cup runs affect league form. 6 consecutive clean sheets in all comps - I think since Harkness was dropped in favour of Longmuir, seem to have ironed out the defensive frailties in evidence the first 10 games of the season.

It's a similar situation in many ways to Mr McCoist over govan way. Big club to big for the second tier , bigger budget and fan base that the rest of the teams.

The manager won't and shouldn't get any real praise till he has completed the job and by that i mean getting to the later stages of the big cups and challenging at the top of the top league until then imo it's just faux praise, blowing smoke up his arse when nothing has been achieved. I am sure even the manager won't expect massive praise till the job is done and at this moment in time he is only 10 / 15 per cent through the job he was brought in to do.

In saying al that he has brought in some very good players , they are a defender or two away from being what pollok should be a major force.

I disagree. As I've already said, Tony had to convince everyone to stay and play (or come in the first place) in what is widely seen as an inferior league to the top flight... Irvine Vics rather than Irvine Meadow, Ardeer rather than Arthurlie.

It could so easily have been Tony scraping the barrel to find players, the result of that could have been another campaign dodging the drop. That was not the case, though it's taken til this week to get a left sided player on board. I truly believe he has achieved something. The club is far more on the up now than it's been in years and that's down to the manager getting players to believe in him. People have a smile on their face at the club for the first time (IMO) since before Sinnet came in.

It's a job only a 1/3 done but I'd have confidence in the club to do it - and getting up by hook or by crook is what 'it' means to me.

He has done a very good job so far and has kept and brought in very good players in every position. Got Jamie Darroch from Meadow even though management wanted to keep him I believe but could not guarantee him starting place but Pollok could and has been a prominent member of Pollok team so far I believe. It's very early days and an upset tomorrow or a couple of bad league results can change things.

I disagree. As I've already said, Tony had to convince everyone to stay and play (or come in the first place) in what is widely seen as an inferior league to the top flight... Irvine Vics rather than Irvine Meadow, Ardeer rather than Arthurlie.

It could so easily have been Tony scraping the barrel to find players, the result of that could have been another campaign dodging the drop. That was not the case, though it's taken til this week to get a left sided player on board. I truly believe he has achieved something. The club is far more on the up now than it's been in years and that's down to the manager getting players to believe in him. People have a smile on their face at the club for the first time (IMO) since before Sinnet came in.

It's a job only a 1/3 done but I'd have confidence in the club to do it - and getting up by hook or by crook is what 'it' means to me.

What he has obviously done is sell the club well to these players and gave them a vision he has for the club. Pollok are always going to find it easier to attract quality players than a lot of club. The name , reputation for success albeit not so much in recent years , fan base , good wages.

He has brought together a good squad , he has done that well , but he has something imo a lot of other managers don't have and that's pollok the name , and the backing financially to do it. He will only have achieved something imo when he completes the job and by that i mean taking pollok back to the top of the junior game , then he will deserve real meaningful praise. All just my opnion of course.

He won the Scottish Cup with Shotts ffs Hardly needs to prove himself and he has hardly put a foot wrong at Pollok. Top manager who would be a success at any club.

Of course you need to prove yourself. On a bigger scale Louis Van Gaal has to prove himself at man utd for example, he can;t rest on what he has done in the game in the past.

Mr McInally needs to prove himself at Pollok by winning this league which he should do , then making a real challenge next season. Both btw i think he will do. Once he does then the pollok management team deserve real praise . Not at this stage , just giving my opinion .

Archived