Swinney becomes deputy First Minister

FlyerTon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sturgeon has to bring in new blood. McAskill, Russell and perhaps Alex Neil could go although you still require a certain degree of experience.

Can't see any women going, if anything more will come in. Good appointment for Swinney as DFM

Not a surprise to see Lochhead remain as Cab Sec for Rural Affairs etc.

I see Keith Brown has moved up to Cab Sec for Infrastructure, Investment and Cities so there'll be a new Minister for Transport and Veterans. When would they get announced?

Not a surprise to see Lochhead remain as Cab Sec for Rural Affairs etc.

I see Keith Brown has moved up to Cab Sec for Infrastructure, Investment and Cities so there'll be a new Minister for Transport and Veterans. When would they get announced?

Brown still does that job too.

Swinney has a good records of causing BritNat seethe so he's a good appointment form my point-of-view.

Does he?

My experience of him is as an inoffensive fail merchant, who is routinely laughed at. Particularly since he made such a steaming turd of the top job and had to be hounded out of it.

Does he?

My experience of him is as an inoffensive fail merchant, who is routinely laughed at. Particularly since he made such a steaming turd of the top job and had to be hounded out of it.

Plenty of seethe from this BritNat ^^^^^^^^. Job done already, Mr Swinney!

He is quite inoffensive which, sadly in today's world of offensive politicians, is a bit of a drawback.

Plenty of seethe from this BritNat ^^^^^^^^. Job done already, Mr Swinney!

I like John Swinney. He used to work for the same company as I did back in the day. Good guy.

Hilarious SNP leader though - probably the dictionary definition of inept.

A few of Salmonds old drinking buddies being put to the sword.

I like Swinney as well. I met him at a friends a few years ago and he was a nice chap. I know Alex Neil too, and also like him believe it or not. <_<

Does he?

The seethe is strong in this one.

A few of Salmonds old drinking buddies being put to the sword.

Could be tremendous comedy.

The more exposure the idiot fringe of Nathood like Hyslop and Hosie get the better, from an amusement perspective. If the toytown parliament is going to be there, it should at least give us some chortles for our bucks.

Think Swinney is an obvious enough appointment but I wasn't overly impressed with him in a couple of the TV debates during the referendum.

Still, it's an excuse for someone to post that gif of him banging his head on the table.

Does anyone have it?

Hopefully with that absolute clown MacAskill gone, the SG will rectify some of his nonsense and drop the attempt to bin corroboration too. That man was an utter joke of a minister.

you mean to have us using the same corroboration as your pals down South and most other countries?

Crime figures at a 40-year low and still got extra bobbies on the beat as promised so he has actually delivered very well. Not too sad to see him go though as he was becoming the main target for abuse from the unionist media

My work deals with Swinney quite a lot and he's a really sound guy. Probably not the most polished of politicians but a genuine bloke.

Russell on the other hand, is by all accounts a bullying arsehole who's made a right f**k up of the College sector. His prominency in the SNP has been one of the biggest reasons for me not to get right behind the SNP and flip flop my support between them and the Greens.

Oh aye and Kenny MacAskill did a thing at my school and had to run off between he was getting Paxman'd by a 15 year old girl. Sturgeon's definitely played a blinder here punting these fuds.

Archived