Scotland v Gibraltar - 29/3/15

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 Scotland. Gordon Greer pushed up front in teh dying minutes and bundles one over the line.

I'd take that. As long as we pick up 6 points from the two ties nothing else matters

We haven't scored 3 goals in a game since Australia. Ireland scored 4 against the United States on Tuesday night. We haven't achieved that since 2007.

Of all Scotland's issues, our perennial inability to score goals, even against the poorest teams really riles me.

Racking up a score against Gibraltar is an absolute must imo. Brown and Morrison to play at CDM as they'll just end up as play makers 20 yards from goal.

I wouldn't go into it demanding a cricket score - if we win, we win. Nothing else really matters. Isn't it right that the Gibraltar results end up not really mattering if everyone pumps them when we have to compare ourselves to Poland and Ireland? If it is true, we just need to go and do a professional job. If we take six or seven off them, great, but if we win 1-0, it's still 3 points. I don't care if it is Gordon Greer bundling in, or a 97th minute winner.

Of course, if we don't win...deary me. I get the feeling they'll break their competitive duck for some reason, but we'll win. 3-1 I'm thinking.

We haven't scored 3 goals in a game since Australia. Ireland scored 4 against the United States on Tuesday night. We haven't achieved that since 2007.

Of all Scotland's issues, our perennial inability to score goals, even against the poorest teams really riles me.

Racking up a score against Gibraltar is an absolute must imo. Brown and Morrison to play at CDM as they'll just end up as play makers 20 yards from goal.

100% agree with this. It's always us pulling teeth to scramble a goal while shite like ROI bag loads more.

Last time we scored 4 or more was 2006 was it not - vs Faroes at Parkhead?

I wouldn't go into it demanding a cricket score - if we win, we win. Nothing else really matters. Isn't it right that the Gibraltar results end up not really mattering if everyone pumps them when we have to compare ourselves to Poland and Ireland? If it is true, we just need to go and do a professional job. If we take six or seven off them, great, but if we win 1-0, it's still 3 points. I don't care if it is Gordon Greer bundling in, or a 97th minute winner.

Of course, if we don't win...deary me. I get the feeling they'll break their competitive duck for some reason, but we'll win. 3-1 I'm thinking.

You think they'll score against us? Or do you foresee Grant Hanley lashing in an overhead kick OG from the halfway line?

Isn't it right that the Gibraltar results end up not really mattering if everyone pumps them when we have to compare ourselves to Poland and Ireland?

Correct.

Points and goals against the botttom seeds don't count for the third place league table.

Correct.

Points and goals against the botttom seeds don't count for the third place league table.

That's what I wanted clarifying - I thought it was the team finishing bottom, but that looks like an irrelevance in this case.

Anyway, six points from two games. No problem. By all means start the likes of May and Russell - give them a chance to make themselves undroppable.

Also, third place? We should be aiming for second, and I don't think that's unrealistic.

Can't believe some of these posts, if we scrape a 1-0 I'll be pretty embarrassed tbh. Theres enough in our team to go put 5+ past this lot and I fully expect us to.

ETA: Nae whoosh I know some are a piss take.

Personally I expect us to pump them, point is the three points are infinitely more important than anything else

I wouldn't make any changes to our starting formation. Having Morrison as a DM will see him naturally push forward anyway especially against weaker opposition. Brown will likely do the same.

If we keep same formation and same starting personell as we have done recently then I suspect we will comfortably score 4-6 goals

Archived