Junior Cup Farce

Bankies Alive

Oh stop whinging! It's been like this forever when you play certain lower league teams. Why only now are you bringing this up? Fed up with how your team are playing? Or just fed up with the juniors in general and looking to have a pop or is it both.

no like u 2 be the 1st person 2 reply 2 a bankies fans post and slag our team off. U r a fucking knob

Its supposed to be "the big one" "the holy grail" yet we are playing a 3rd round tie on saturday without any referee assistants.

Its a total joke.

Matter of enough people to do it and the money to do it. Clubs can only cut their cloth with the income streams they have. Many of the lower divisions in the Juniors have to make do without assistants as a routine matter - it's always been that way.

Remember you were there yourselves once upon a time - cut the less fortunate some slack.

That p***k knob rob c**t comments on everybody's thread.. Take a wee look at the state of your own team and try and get back into the big league with the big boys

That p***k knob rob c**t comments.. . Seriously that's absolutely horrific patter! Was going to say it's the patter of a cretin with two brain cells , but even the two brain cells would be pushing it with you.

My team are in a perfectly fine state going along nicely and enjoying the football thank you very much.

no like u 2 be the 1st person 2 reply 2 a bankies fans post and slag our team off. U r a fucking knob

I was asking questions, as to why he was moaning about something that has been the norm for years and years. Came across as bankies alive (now keen on going down the lowland league path ) using this to have a wee dig at the junior game , a grade of football he is maybe fed up with?

I understand that assistant referees are only a necessity from the 4th round onwards. Until that point they are optional, and most District League clubs choose not to bother unless it is a high profile match.

Personally I wish there was Assistant Referees at all levels in Junior Football

After all we are trying t make our Non-League game more professional

That p***k knob rob c**t comments.. . Seriously that's absolutely horrific patter! Was going to say it's the patter of a cretin with two brain cells , but even the two brain cells would be pushing it with you.

My team are in a perfectly fine state going along nicely and enjoying the football thank you very much.

I was asking questions, as to why he was moaning about something that has been the norm for years and years. Came across as bankies alive (now keen on going down the lowland league path ) using this to have a wee dig at the junior game , a grade of football he is maybe fed up with?

so what if he is keen on the LL why do u feel the need 2 put ur boot into us (well try anyway) u hate us and it's funny as f**k seeing u post shite about us and most people on here can c that.

Personally I wish there was Assistant Referees at all levels in Junior Football

After all we are trying t make our Non-League game more professional

A suggestion someone passed on to me was why not have young up and coming referees run the line in district games to gain experience? Sounds ideal to me!

A suggestion someone passed on to me was why not have young up and coming referees run the line in district games to gain experience? Sounds ideal to me!

Robert you need to experience the quality of refs we get in the District leagues to realise that if the ones running the line were young up and coming refs then we'd be better off with them being given the whistle.

It is not the absence of assistants that concerns me but the quality of the refs which this season has, in the main, been truly awful

Is it not an indictment on those running the competition that clubs need to decline assistants on grounds of cost? This is the grade's premier competition so why not fund officialsin costs centrally from securing appropriate levels of sponsorship. If that can't be achieved then I think it says plenty about the perception of this level/grade of football in the wider context of Scottish football.

Did I see down the posts there that none of the north games have assistants.. meaning our game not got any.

That was in relation to domestic North Region games. Your game has two assistant referees.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/JuniorFootball/TheScottishJuniorCup/06.%20Scottish%20Junior%20Cup%203rd%20Round%20SATURDAY%2022nd%20NOVEMBER%202014.pdf

In any case - on the other thread a poster from the North said that their Superleague is supplied with assistants through local arrangements. None appear on the SFA lists, as with tiers 3-4 in West and tiers 2-3 in East, but that poster said they normally have assistants.

It happens already - depending on availability, that's who may be on the line in the Super Premier and Super First. Last weekend at least two of the assistants (Sean Welsh, Alan Grainger) were Junior refs.

Archived