Centre back

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise Hanley was as young as 22? Is that right? If so then plenty of time for him to improve but definitely need somebody else to step up to the plate. Our current their choice cb in Greer will be 35 come the next campaign!

I see Ash Taylor is in the news today saying he is up for playing for Scotland and might be eligible. 6'4", 24 years old - might be worth a look in a friendly if he keeps playing his part in Aberdeen's current excellent run.

Ash Taylor simply isn't good enough. And I also doubt he is eligible.

All our Centre-Half options from the top two divisions down south!!!

Premier League

Chris Herd - 25 - Aston Villa

Alex Davey - 19 - Chelsea

Peter Ramage - 30 - Crystal Palace

George Johnston - 16 - Liverpool

Jack Alexander - 17 - Liverpool

Ryan McKinnon - 18 - Newcastle United

Kyle Cameron - 17 - Newcastle United

Coll Donaldson - 19 - Queens Park Rangers

Steven Caulker - 21 - Queens Park Rangers

The Championship

Tom Lang - 17 - Birmingham City

Grant Hanley - 22 - Blackburn Rovers

Sam Lavelle - 17 - Blackburn Rovers

Gary MacKenzie - 28 - Blackpool

Lionel Stone - 19 - Brentford

Gordon Greer - 33 - Brighton & Hove Albion

Jack Grimmer - 20 - -Fulham

Cameron Burgess - 18 - Fulham

Murray Wallace - 21 - Huddersfield Town

William Boyle - 19 - Huddersfield Town

Christophe Berra - 28 - Ipswich Town

Kieran Weledji - 19 - Middlesborough

Ewan McNeil - 19 - Norwich City

Zak Jules - 17 - Reading

Gary Caldwell - 32 - Wigan Athletic

The only players 20+ in the premier league are Caulker (very unlikely, likely to represent England), Ramage (on his way out, no better than what we have) and Herd (pretty sure he has chosen Australia now).

I don't think MacKenzie, Berra or Caldwell will regularly if ever be in a Scotland shirt in this campaign/next campaign. Wallace looks like a good prospect as do all the young ones, although Burgess has too opted for Australia.

He's already had a cap for England, not sure if it was a competitive game. He's only 23 so I doubt he's ready to turn his back on England yet.

He has one cap for England in a FRIENDLY against Sweden on 12th November 2012, he actually scored on his debut in the 4-2 defeat, they were winning 2-1 until he was subbed in the 72nd minute!!!

As his only England cap was a friendly, he is permitted to change allegiances!!!

Didn't realise Hanley was as young as 22? Is that right? !

No, sorry, he's actually 23 now, born 20th November 1991!!!

He has one cap for England in a FRIENDLY against Sweden on 12th November 2012, he actually scored on his debut in the 4-2 defeat, they were winning 2-1 until he was subbed in the 72nd minute!!!

As his only England cap was a friendly, he is permitted to change allegiances!!!

Why would he change allegiances? At 23 years old I'm sure he fancy's his chances of going on to get more caps from the country of his birth.

Didn't realise Hanley was as young as 22? Is that right? !

No, sorry, he's actually 23 now, born 20th November 1991!!!

Why would he change allegiances? At 23 years old I'm sure he fancy's his chances of going on to get more caps from the country of his birth.

Then he needs to be asked if he wants to play for us, then we'll all know where we stand with his resultant answer!!!

I think most people know where stand, it'll be a no which is probably why he hasn't been asked.

Conjecture and supposition, the answer is, we honestly won't know until he is asked!!!

He wont be asked being the answer is pretty obvious.

Then you're entering a different argument, that of WGS not doing his utmost to find a solution for a problem position!!!

Aye!!! He is!!!

But then again technically Russell Martin is a Right-Back!!!

But if he's getting a game there then fair enough!!!

Aye!!! He is!!!

But then again technically Russell Martin is a Right-Back!!!

But if he's getting a game there then fair enough!!!

Ewan McNeil was released by Norwich in the summer.

Fairly sure he plays for Brechin now so I think it's safe to take him off that list. And the fact that he's also a right back.

Archived